Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 250 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Prescription sunglasses...lumpy

Called into a couple of shops, the Chareon in RGP seemed to be knowledgeable , a decent vari focul progressive lens and Rayban frame after discount 20,400 seems lumpy, cheaper in UK I would say ......

Edited by Parkwahn

yes i bought a pair of reading glases in bkk for 4500 bht they broke after 3 days far better of at specsavers at 59 £

The 2 for one in Specsavers are about £380 for me , as I have dodgy minces,,, I can still see fag butts though :lsmile :bhappy

Many Thai opticians still believe their prices are lower than western prices,but that ceased to be the case several years ago as big chains like Vision Express,Boots and Specsavers (in the UK) started competitive pricing.Thai prices are often higher than what you get get on the UK high street,one exception though being repairs,which are minimal cost in LoS.

Many Thai opticians still believe their prices are lower than western prices,but that ceased to be the case several years ago as big chains like Vision Express,Boots and Specsavers (in the UK) started competitive pricing.Thai prices are often higher than what you get get on the UK high street,one exception though being repairs,which are minimal cost in LoS.

Agreed, if you know your frames and the rest of the deal , online its very cheap...

But north of £400 ? that would have Gabor turning in his condo :angry2

They don't have to be all that expensive. I have bought specs from this on-line company a number of times over the past 6 years, or so, and found them to be pretty reliable:

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Check them out - their costs are good, but when you add on all the extras you may want they do get more pricey (of course). Taking into consideration that they have to be made, I think the delivery times are good.

You can buy simple reading glasses in the states for 200 baht. I pay about 3000 baht per pair of progressives in the states. I don't understand why they are so expensive in Thailand.

yes i bought a pair of reading glases in bkk for 4500 bht they broke after 3 days far better of at specsavers at 59 £

If you can get by with readers with the same scrip in each lens, like +1.5 or +2.5 etc., they are 100 baht in the Buaokow market and they have thousands. Warning, about 75% are the ugliest frames and colors you have ever seen, but the rest are OK.

At home I buy mine on Amazon $20 for 6 pairs at a time because I set them down all over the house or I lose them or sit on them so $3 a pair is an OK price. Same as the market, how about that.

Prescription are not really worth it unless your two eyes are wildly different for reading. If they are you can buy two pairs and make one by popping the lenses out as long as they are identical shapes and a lot are. I have insurance but the copay would be $20-$25 for one pair made by an optician vs. 6 pairs at once by mail so I don't bother.

Edited by Grandpollo