Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Exodus Add-on stopped working

I watched a few episodes with the Exodus app yesterday and it is my favorite app.

Good for movies and TV shows - without trying a lot of different servers.

But it has disappeared from my Kodi today. The icon is no longer there to start it. I tried to reinstall it from the Fusion repository - and I did get a message that it WAS refreshed - but I still don't have the icon to start it.

My Kodi is 16.1 and my Minix is too old to get Kodi 17.

What can I do to get Exodus back or is that only possible if I get newer HW ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can only say it seems fine under Windows 10 and latest Kodi 17.3

I just fired up my old lappy and under Kodi 15.1 Exodus updated and seemed fine.

Perhaps reinstall the repository.

Edited by jacko

I have another - equally old and with weaker HW - Android box - also running 16.1 - and it still works on that too.

So yes - I must try - again to reinstall Exodus - even though I don't know what to do differently.

I have another - equally old and with weaker HW - Android box - also running 16.1 - and it still works on that too.

So yes - I must try - again to reinstall Exodus - even though I don't know what to do differently.

I have found Kodi to occasionally be temperamental when trying to download and install add-ons. Sometimes it just won't work and I have got 'failed to install' messages, yet it then works on another machine or works when I use hotspot and phone network instead of home network. All a bit hard to fathom 'the reason why' despite following the steps. It does sound like something went wrong when Exodus tried to auto-update.

• Upvote 1

I have found Kodi to occasionally be temperamental when trying to download and install add-ons. Sometimes it just won't work and I have got 'failed to install' messages, yet it then works on another machine or works when I use hotspot and phone network instead of home network. All a bit hard to fathom 'the reason why' despite following the steps. It does sound like something went wrong when Exodus tried to auto-update.

I went through a 30 minute procedure to install a clean 16.1 Kodi, then the ARES Wizard, then the PULSE add on or whatever it is. I did this following a youtube video (below).

I restarted Kodi and nothing I had done was present...just a clean new Kodi.

Very temperamental indeed.

I also heard lanzalad's support site got shut down recently by his ISP due to the crackdown on unauthorized streaming software distribution.

In my browsing, I also see that the MINIX X8-H which I have will never be compatible with Kodi version 17+...apparently they aren't going to update their Android software to 5.0+

Very frustrating.

Then, I found a review of Android media players and this one was listed as being pretty good..runs Android 6.0, has 3 USB ports, faster processors (8 cores) https://www.lazada.co.th/beelink-gt1-tv-box-amlogic-s912-octa-core-h265-android-60-24g-58g-dual-wifi-bluetooth-40-intl-19173478.html for the low price of 1982 baht. I am getting that and moving my old one to another room for the Thais to watch (they only watch youtube).

I really do hate Kodi, or Kodi really hates me.

This video didn't work for me :ang2 :ang2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9T-F5PGk3A

• Upvote 1

I went through a 30 minute procedure to install a clean 16.1 Kodi, then the ARES Wizard, then the PULSE add on or whatever it is. I did this following a youtube video (below).

I also heard lanzalad's support site got shut down recently by his ISP due to the crackdown on unauthorized streaming software distribution.

In my browsing, I also see that the MINIX X8-H which I have will never be compatible with Kodi version 17+...apparently they aren't going to update their Android software to 5.0+

Very frustrating.

Then, I found a review of Android media players and this one was listed as being pretty good..runs Android 6.0, has 3 USB ports, faster processors (8 cores) https://www.lazada.co.th/beelink-gt1-tv-box-amlogic-s912-octa-core-h265-android-60-24g-58g-dual-wifi-bluetooth-40-intl-19173478.html for the low price of 1982 baht. I am getting that and moving my old one to another room for the Thais to watch (they only watch youtube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9T-F5PGk3A

I too have wasted many an hour in my stubbornness to get a particular ADD-ON. Once I somehow managed to download/copy the zip file to my laptop and install it from there, where a network installation had failed repeatedly. I also spent many hours on my friend's Android Box with Kodi trying to download some TV program to a stick drive.... after a full afternoon I figured the updated Android blocked writing to external drives and we had to employ a work around. It is getting beyond my technical abilities and patience but perhaps pushes back Alzheimers.

• Upvote 1

I too have wasted many an hour in my stubbornness to get a particular ADD-ON. Once I somehow managed to download/copy the zip file to my laptop and install it from there, where a network installation had failed repeatedly. I also spent many hours on my friend's Android Box with Kodi trying to download some TV program to a stick drive.... after a full afternoon I figured the updated Android blocked writing to external drives and we had to employ a work around. It is getting beyond my technical abilities and patience but perhaps pushes back Alzheimers.

Yeah, that's exactly what I feel.

In the case of following the instructions in the youtube video to install the PULSE add on, I tried again this morning after uninstalling and installing Kodi to make sure I had a fresh copy. The earlier attempt wasn't clean, I think.

The installation worked as described in the video, and on restarting Kodi 16.1, the app started, I got a bunch of thumbnails showing movies etc, then it just went back to the desktop home screen...kaput! died!

I had one other app running, EFS File Manager, so I killed that, and it started and stayed up...so, it looks like the Minix X8-H has barely enough memory to run that add on to Kodi.

Now that it's up and running I got this Catch-22 message...it says I should upgrade to Kodi 17.3 or later because earlier versions can be hacked, allowing someone into your wireless local network, and possibly attacking other devices on your network It's Catch-22, because the Minix box that I bought a couple of years ago, is obsolete..unable to be adapted to changing security requirements.

I don't know how many of you know that if you are running one of the Minix boxes, you have a security issue for your entire local network now...PCs, laptops, mobiles, wireless enabled TVs....time to upgrade the hardware, I think.

2017-05-31 09.44.35.jpg

• Upvote 1

I also have the Minix X8-H Plus. Would it be better for me to use a currently unused Notebook computer and download all the software onto there and use that instead of the Minix box? Is there a downside to this idea?

KM

I also have the Minix X8-H Plus. Would it be better for me to use a currently unused Notebook computer and download all the software onto there and use that instead of the Minix box? Is there a downside to this idea?

KM

Just the convenience factor. Will an Air Mouse work with it? I don't know.

But for 1982 baht for an upgraded one that is future proof (I hear they do regular OTA updates), I wouldn't bother unless you plan on watching everything on the laptop screen.

As to the OP, now that I have rectified my mistakes in following that youtube video I linked, the PULSE addon includes EXODUS which works very nicely on the MINIX X8-H.

KODI and I have had a reconciliation now.

KM

I use Kodi via my Mac-book pro linked into my TV set, works ok for my needs. I can also watch via the laptop screen anywhere around the house if the wife is watching Thai TV. I also have it installed on my i-Mac desktop computer. Never used a android box at all.

Regards

I actually ALSO succeeded in getting Exodus back on my Minix X8-H. But - as MM says - it is probably worth updating the HW - or did someone find a way to protect against intruders coming in via the 16. version of Kodi ?

Thsnks for the info. My kodi has not been working on my androis phone or my mini x box. Will give the above a try. Seems Kodi is an equal opportunity hater

In the UK newspapers last week it was announced that Exodus would be pulled from Kodi as they didnt want to be prosecuted for distributing copyrighted material

In the UK newspapers last week it was announced that Exodus would be pulled from Kodi as they didnt want to be prosecuted for distributing copyrighted material

Yes - but there is a new Exodus zip file

Just read this via Thai Visa....

In Thailand too, the government has taken its first steps in regulating streaming services and has announced that all importers and producers of Internet TV boxes, including Android boxes, HDMI dongles and TV sticks required permission from the authorities.

People who import, produce or sell the Internet TV boxes in Thailand without the permission of the NBTC face a maximum of two years in jail and/or a maximum fine of two million baht.

With the loss of Expat TV and UK TV things they are a changing.

In my browsing,

I also see that the MINIX X8-H which I have will never be compatible with Kodi version 17+...apparently they aren't going to update their Android software to 5.0+

Very frustrating.

They are working on it now on a BETA version... and when its ready you will get it OTA APP (OVER THE AIR) but i suggest you don't install the BETA as its for feedback ONLY and will not update after the release.

If you really wanted to install you would need to flash the box using the PC flashing tool from minix and this is why i suggest to wait for the release.

BETA RELEASE FOR NEO X8-H PLUS ONLY

Dear all NEO X8-H PLUS users,

(This beta firmware is NOT for X8, X8 PLUS or X8-H)

We're releasing this beta Android Lollipop firmware based on the last SDK released by Amlogic,

because Amlogic have terminated to support this SDK, we have spent lots of time optimizing the firmware by ourselves.

Please note that beta firmware users will not receive future FOTA updates.

Features that we have integrated to this firmware:

1.) Auto refresh rate switching of amcodec (not mediacodec), for both local and online media;

2.) New SAMBA server function, based on the latest SMB release;

3.) Faked Wi-Fi feature;

4.) Latest MINIX launcher;

5.) NEO A3 remote support;

6.) Latest AirPin (PRO) app.;

Features that are known to be not supported by this firmware:

1.) HD audio passthrough - it's a S812 series CPU limitation, lack of I2S channels;

2.) Refresh rate of mediacodec - Amlogic haven't make this feature working on Lollipop;

After the release of this beta firmware, we shall start looking into the possibilities of getting these 2 features to work, but there is no guarantee, please note.

We are releasing this beta as promised and hoping to collect feedback from you guys.

For those who are interested to try out, we sincerely hope that you can help us by doing the following things:

1.) Report any problems found in a gentle, peaceful manner;

2.) Do not complain, if you were going to complain, we kindly advise you not to try, please;

3.) Do not start fire of any kinds in this thread;

Download link of X8H-PLUS Android Lollipop beta firmware:

Download from MINIX forum server (Europe):

http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_BETA.rar

MD5 checksum: E9D62CCF7EFE284071A34004424E0D12

We will be finalizing this firmware based on the feedback.

So please feel free to try out and comment, thanks!

Firmware image flash guide:

http://minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-the-firmware-image.116/

Cheers,

Team MINIX.

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1

They are working on it now on a BETA version... and when its ready you will get it OTA APP (OVER THE AIR) but i suggest you don't install the BETA as its for feedback ONLY and will not update after the release.

If you really wanted to install you would need to flash the box using the PC flashing tool from minix and this is why i suggest to wait for the release.

BETA RELEASE FOR NEO X8-H PLUS ONLY

Dear all NEO X8-H PLUS users,

(This beta firmware is NOT for X8, X8 PLUS or X8-H)

We're releasing this beta Android Lollipop firmware based on the last SDK released by Amlogic,

because Amlogic have terminated to support this SDK, we have spent lots of time optimizing the firmware by ourselves.

Please note that beta firmware users will not receive future FOTA updates.

Features that we have integrated to this firmware:

1.) Auto refresh rate switching of amcodec (not mediacodec), for both local and online media;

2.) New SAMBA server function, based on the latest SMB release;

3.) Faked Wi-Fi feature;

4.) Latest MINIX launcher;

5.) NEO A3 remote support;

6.) Latest AirPin (PRO) app.;

Features that are known to be not supported by this firmware:

1.) HD audio passthrough - it's a S812 series CPU limitation, lack of I2S channels;

2.) Refresh rate of mediacodec - Amlogic haven't make this feature working on Lollipop;

After the release of this beta firmware, we shall start looking into the possibilities of getting these 2 features to work, but there is no guarantee, please note.

We are releasing this beta as promised and hoping to collect feedback from you guys.

For those who are interested to try out, we sincerely hope that you can help us by doing the following things:

1.) Report any problems found in a gentle, peaceful manner;

2.) Do not complain, if you were going to complain, we kindly advise you not to try, please;

3.) Do not start fire of any kinds in this thread;

Download link of X8H-PLUS Android Lollipop beta firmware:

Download from MINIX forum server (Europe):

http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_BETA.rar

MD5 checksum: E9D62CCF7EFE284071A34004424E0D12

We will be finalizing this firmware based on the feedback.

So please feel free to try out and comment, thanks!

Firmware image flash guide:

http://minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-the-firmware-image.116/

Cheers,

Team MINIX.

Sounds good - thanks Phil

Well, my problems with the Minix box and Kodi+Pulse continue.

What was working before, has now stopped working...when I start Kodi, it grinds for a bit, shows me the PULSE logo, then goes back to the desktop as Kodi silently dies.

I've tried rebooting and not running any other apps prior to Kodi, but to no avail.

Kodi and I are not seeing eye to eye.

Well, my problems with the Minix box and Kodi+Pulse continue.

What was working before, has now stopped working...when I start Kodi, it grinds for a bit, shows me the PULSE logo, then goes back to the desktop as Kodi silently dies.

I've tried rebooting and not running any other apps prior to Kodi, but to no avail.

Kodi and I are not seeing eye to eye.

This can happen when you install large builds with no room on the box... it will boot than crash and reload the home page...

use ES file explorer to clean your box and empty the downloads folder then clear the trash....

Run it twice to clear everything up

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 2

This can happen when you install large builds with no room on the box... it will boot than crash and reload the home page...

use ES file explorer to clean your box and empty the downloads folder then clear the trash....

Run it twice to clear everything up

Phil

I'm having some problems with my box, but can't access your forums or contact you in any way. Do you have an email address? I don't use Facebook. Alternatively I'm in Pattaya until Friday if we can meet up?

Thanks

KM