Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have just booked to travel to BKK on Eva Air on 11 Jul flying from Manchester via Heathrow.  I am trying the Evergreen Service which I have heard excellent reports about (on this board I think). Price was £873 GBP inc UK taxes which is higher than I normally pay but hoepfully it will be worth it in terms of quality.

I will report back on this after/during the trip

Regards Paul

???paul,do check the price for eva thru amsterdam,i think that you can save a lot of money on your ticket by

flying from manchester to amsterdam on easeyjet and buy your flight on eva here in amsterdam,if you like i will make some enquierys for you here in ams.

Information On EVA Airline.

I need some information On EVA Airline.Such as reliability and history .(ie. I'm looking to book a trip in March 2003 to Pattaya, from United States. Does EVA have any strike plans in the near future,or labor disputes I need to know about ? 9 months is a long time and I know there are no for sures . But any help on this subject would be appreciated .Thanks in advance.

Joker

Joker, EVA is the best as far as I am concerned.  They fly out of LA, SF or Seattle from the west.  I think they also fly out of Newark on the east.  Contact Angel Travel and ask for Ann.  She will get you the best deal which is usually EVA.  I am flying from Chicago later this year for $710 rt on EVA in evergreen deluxe class.  I fly UA from Chicago to San Fran then EVA to BKK.  It is a extra stop but flying EVA is worth it.  

dad

PS. Angel Travel.com or 1-800-922-1092

First of all, I will apologise if I am teaching anyone to suck eggs!  :-/

If you are flying, or considering flying, from London with EVA you are able to pre-allocate your seat up to 100 days in advance of your date of travel.  To do so you require your six character EVA booking reference (not your booking agent's reference which will be different - your agent should be able to give you the reference at the time of confirming your booking) and give their reservations office a call on 0207 380 8300.

The aircraft used on the LHR-BKK route is a B747-400 Combi which means that the arse end is given over to freight and the aircraft only carries 272 passengers rather than the normal circa 400.  Evergreen Deluxe is located at the front of the aircraft and occupies seat rows 20-33 as shown:

Eva.jpg

The centre seats (D and G) on rows 24-26 (coloured blue) can normally only be allocated to Evergreen Club members.  The emergency exit seats, 27 A, C, H and K (coloured red) can be requested but will only be confirmed at check-in when they are able to confirm the you are not Helen Keller!  The other two seats worth chasing are 27 D and G (coloured yellow) which allow you to stretch out to your heart's content.

The other advantage of all of these seats is that they allow you to be quick out of the blocks in the race to immigration - only to find that a flight from Lagos had landed ten minutes earlier!

Hope this is of some use........

THANK YOU

Thanks for the information guys. I have heard nothing but great things about EVA have always flown AA or UNITED but got a great deal for $757.00 Out of Seattle that sent chills up my spine . Find it off the net but may call travel agent that was recommended .Thanks again for the help .See ya in LOS

JOKER

Joker,

If you have accumulated at least 45K miles on AA frequent flyer program, it will qualify you for a roundtrip to Bangkok instead of the usual 70K miles on Cathay Pacific.  They have run this special for the last 3 years that I'm aware.  For 2002 the time period was from March 20-May 31 and September 1-December 15.

Emil

• 4 weeks later...

Tom........ :o :) ;)   well done mate   all the info was absolutely correct and I got 27D!  No chance on the emergency exit seats or the middle rows  only for evergreen club gold. Hope its worth the extra few bob. Cheeers.

Hey Tom;

Thanks from here too. Just confirmed yesterday my 27D seat. (Hey Macca, I really hope we are not on the same flight  ;D  :o ;D )

SF dude