Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
frostfire

Pattayatalk.com Board Upgrade Notice - Saturday December 15

Good points all.

I do not know what Pete's original intention was, but considering the nature of the forums I strongly suspect it was not intended to portray talking. in any case, for the immediate time being its what we have to work with, until I pay another designer to give it another go. I am terrible with graphic design. give me a good coding issue and I can fix it no problem... but I'm, afraid my stick figures are not recognizable as stick figures when it comes to drawing of any kind lol.

I am prepping the servers for the upgrade now. I plan to start it in the next couple hours.

As an idea, how about having a forum competition to design a new logo? Saves you having to pay someone and a bit of fun for those of an artistic bent!

By the way, I'm in the Frosty school of drawing, so unfortunately I wont be entering!!

KM

As an idea, how about having a forum competition to design a new logo? Saves you having to pay someone and a bit of fun for those of an artistic bent!

By the way, I'm in the Frosty school of drawing, so unfortunately I wont be entering!!

KM

I would be all for that. Will take it up after the upgrade. Doing the initial file transfer now. Once its done, I will have to shut down this website and do it again, updating only changed files (one of the steps I am doing to speed up the transfer process, since doing a full file transfer takes almost 3 hours).

I expect this site to go down in a hour or less.

Hopefully we will be back up before the sun :)

Congrats on getting it up and running Frosty! :thumbup

Edited by jacko

First kinda major issue has arisen. 

Tapatalk is not working. I have identified the problem, but its not one I can fix. I have opened a support ticket from tapatalk and anticipate a speedy solution. 

On 12/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, frostfire said:

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Can't decide which looks better on the site tho. The colored one may be "too much"... but the white one makes the mouth look over-colored. Thoughts anyone?

Pattaya Talk_colored_Transparent.png

The white background one will look like this (had to screenshot it from the test forum, since this page has a white background and you cant see it here)

Capture.PNG

The size of the logo may be a little big. Depending on how big I make the text, sometimes the L and K letters obscure the Create and Notification fields.

Ya we will be experimenting with it and other logos as soon as the background processes are done. Should be late tomorrow, or early the next day.