Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
Sign in to follow this  
how24111

Small safety box- work ONLY with key.

Small safety box- work ONLY with key.  I have the original instructions and mounting hardware.  I was never able to get the electronic keypad to work. It work fine using the KEY.  I only have  ONE(1) key.  Free delivery in Pattaya and Jomtien.  Outside box dimensions:  Width: 9" or 23cm,  height: 6.5" or 17 cm, length: 6.5" or 17 cm...Asking 345 baht. 

20190822_220726.jpg

20190822_220838.jpg

20190822_220904.jpg

20190822_220922.jpg

It is presumably defective? The key is meant to be an over-ride when batteries are flat or you forget the keypad code. 

I think when he said the keypad never worked you could assume it's defective. Still for ten bucks if it works with a key and can be lag bolted to a concrete wall or floor it would keep quick hands away .

4 hours ago, Grandpollo said:

I think when he said the keypad never worked you could assume it's defective. Still for ten bucks if it works with a key and can be lag bolted to a concrete wall or floor it would keep quick hands away .

One thing you have to watch with these types of keys. I had one I kept amid a bunch attached to my belt tab, with the front door key and gate opener etc I never used it as of course I just plugged the number in my safe... but one day  I tried to test it and it wouldn't work. I discovered that the many years of banging around in the bunch had damaged or worn the cut-outs on the circular key, of which I also only had one! Fortunately I could open it and then replaced the lock. I agree @Grandpollo that it is still a useful lockup. 

19 hours ago, jacko said:

It is presumably defective? The key is meant to be an over-ride when batteries are flat or you forget the keypad code. 

Yes, any interested potential buyer should assume that the keyboard is defective.  I thought I was being clear when I posted that it will ONLY work using the one(1) key that I have. 

Could be a good decoy safe in a condo where it is very obvious and the real one is better hidden.