Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

1 hour ago, sailingbill said:

Mango, yes many nice 1 hour walks along the beach to Central Festival. Grab some corn fed US sandwich steak that you cant even get in the US since that grass fed crap is the rage back there . Always enjoy a walk and a swim. If it looks like i have to joust with the Soi Dogs on the way to the beach at Jomtien will just take the bike down.

I don't think you can walk from Jomtien to Pattaya using the beach there's rocks at the end of Dongtan beach.

4 hours ago, yselmike said:

I don't think you can walk from Jomtien to Pattaya using the beach there's rocks at the end of Dongtan beach.

I never tried to walk either on the beach or the road to Pattaya, as I would walk south on Jomtiem beach road.

• Like 1

Yes , i was thinking a walk along Jomtien walkway. Just not sure of the walk from Ban Suan or Pratnumak to the beach .  I am going to get a driver for a couple hours to explore . Thought about taking my bike but since im not familiar with the area and my head will be on a swivel maybe not.  I cannot walk from Northpoint to Pattaya. Cannot get around the rocks at Dusit. Shame, that would be a great walk .

1 hour ago, sailingbill said:

Yes , i was thinking a walk along Jomtien walkway. Just not sure of the walk from Ban Suan or Pratnumak to the beach .  I am going to get a driver for a couple hours to explore . Thought about taking my bike but since im not familiar with the area and my head will be on a swivel maybe not.  I cannot walk from Northpoint to Pattaya. Cannot get around the rocks at Dusit. Shame, that would be a great walk .

Personally I wouldn't attempt the beach walk from Jomtien to Pattaya. There are some significant rocky areas which are only passable at low tide. IIRC a  BM (Idefix?) posted a pictorial report of this walk a few years back.

There are three decent beach areas at the bottom of Pratumnak; Cosy Beach, Asia Pattaya Beach and the beach at the bottom of Soi 5 but there is a fair distance between each of these beaches.