Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Grab motorbike deliveries now dangerous

It seems that Grab food (or other) deliveries are getting more and more popular. This is now causing a problem on the roads. Driving in the Pattaya area I am constantly "buzzed" by Grab motorbike drivers who are always in a hurry to get their deliveries to the customer. Surely it's only a matter of time before there's a serious accident caused by these morons. Hopefully the police will realize that there's a problem and put the brakes on.

Yeah, I have been buzzed by them quite a few times.... they were bad enough with a fare on the back, much worse with just a pizza. 

Been so close sometimes caused me to jump...

Don't hold your breath for the police to react. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of motorbikes had a very very lucky escape Monday night. I simply "normally" never go on them prefering walking to the Baht Bus routes.

Really tired leaving LK Metro and definately well oiled but not drunk. Normally I'd walk back down Soi Honey to 2nd rd than get BB up to Soi 2/3 area. Instead by Climax got on motorbike. Coming up past Klang junction heading along 2nd road baht bus decides its going to swerve right across. I saw it immediately and fair play to motobike driver as he he did to slamming on the anchors but still hitting the back step of the baht bus....

We'd slowed hugely (all in split second) but as we hit it I've shoot forward whacking my face into his helmet. Caught him on my lip which hit the teeth (fortunately no damage there) but you know how lips bleed. Shit its everywhere lol. Thank christ I had a black shirt on. Driver apologising profusely but I said no problem not his fault... Reception night staff immediately getting tissues fair play to them

Never ever again will I get on one. That was a very lucky escape but I know it. Fair play to driver for us not coming off

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 1

So it wasn't the bike that was dangerous, but the baht bus driver?

Sounds like your biker was the safer one on the road, not the bus. Stick to bikes and not the buses!!

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, keyman said:

So it wasn't the bike that was dangerous, but the baht bus driver?

Sounds like your biker was the safer one on the road, not the bus. Stick to bikes and not the buses!!

Absolutely the motorbike driver did well but if I hadn't go on (as per normal) it couldnt have happened in the first place.

Back to OP I think I have been buzzed twice in the last 3 or 4 days by a Grab Food M/C delivery  guy, I mean taking the hairs off your elbow stuff. They are fast becoming a menace and I for one will never use that service now... I might save a life!

Edited by jacko

I almost got hit by a grab bike yesterday coming out of the wrong lane at speed from central festival mall. Then the other day, one was stopped right near my place and checking his phone then sped off without looking and almost collected me as I was walking around him. I guess grab don't pay them enough to be careful as they must be under some real pressure to drive like that.