Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Went to the Outback Restaurant (no longer Retox) the other night.  Rather than a laminated menu, the waitress presented an I-pad or some other tablet with menu headings on the screen.  I did have to touch the heading I was looking for.  Obviously they should be cleaning the screen after each use and I can't speak to that.  

39 minutes ago, nkped said:

Went to the Outback Restaurant (no longer Retox) the other night.  Rather than a laminated menu, the waitress presented an I-pad or some other tablet with menu headings on the screen.  I did have to touch the heading I was looking for.  Obviously they should be cleaning the screen after each use and I can't speak to that.  

I don't expect it is any worse than a regular menu in that respect, let us hope they do not clean with a dripping wet cloth.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, jacko said:

I don't expect it is any worse than a regular menu in that respect, let us hope they do not clean with a dripping wet cloth.

Here in NZ we had 3 weeks of level 3 lockdown (from level 4 where all restaurants and fastfood was closed). In level 3 restaurants and fast food could only do takeaways and you had to either by phone or order online.

We went for a walk around a popular eating area and decided on philipino food. Looked up their menu online and rang the order through. They sent a text with bank account number and cost. I transferred the money. They cooked the food, placed it on the table in the doorway, I picked it up and we went home to eat.

Complicated and a bit time consuming but totally contact free.

Now under level 2 we can eat in a restaurant but only up to 10 people at a table. Tables at least 2 meters apart and only 1 server per table. Drinks are ordered at the table, no going to the bar.

The pork BBQ was great. The beef kare kare was uninspiring compared to a thai satay.