Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just seen KLM are now offering Bangkok flights from Southampton, some nasty change times in AMS but some good ones too.

For LHR when I add up car parking, overnight hotels, petrol and the sodding about from Long Stay 2 to the airport? Southampton is looking more attractive as I can get a cheap train to the Terminal.

1 hour ago, Shitcreek said:

Just seen KLM are now offering Bangkok flights from Southampton, some nasty change times in AMS but some good ones too.

For LHR when I add up car parking, overnight hotels, petrol and the sodding about from Long Stay 2 to the airport? Southampton is looking more attractive as I can get a cheap train to the Terminal.

Is it with KLM UK or KLM?

I have a long list of horror stories with KLM UK - SOU. Perhaps things have changed so unless you ask I won't say.

I spent years arriving back and driving through the New Forest drunk from LHR or SOU.. I have been a right wanker splashing out dosh for hotel hoppers/hotel rooms/car rental/parking and taxis.

My advice? Get a National coach or look at Emirates LHR  business class because SOU is within the free taxi zone.

Another problem would be if you are flying with  a Thai wife or Girlfriend....But that is yet another story...

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Is it with KLM UK or KLM?

I have a long list of horror stories with KLM UK - SOU. Perhaps things have changed so unless you ask I won't say.

I spent years arriving back and driving through the New Forest drunk from LHR or SOU.. I have been a right wanker splashing out dosh for hotel hoppers/hotel rooms/car rental/parking and taxis.

My advice? Get a National coach or look at Emirates LHR  business class because SOU is within the free taxi zone.

Another problem would be if you are flying with  a Thai wife or Girlfriend....But that is yet another story...

I'm not sure who the link flight is with but I did notice that on one of the prices is stated  "flight is operated by "Cityhopper" In April they are offering flights from Southampton to Bangkok return for £385 but I doubt we'll get out there that early

On a side note have you heard anything about the runway extension planning permissions??

4 hours ago, Shitcreek said:

I'm not sure who the link flight is with but I did notice that on one of the prices is stated  "flight is operated by "Cityhopper" In April they are offering flights from Southampton to Bangkok return for £385 but I doubt we'll get out there that early

On a side note have you heard anything about the runway extension planning permissions??

That is a fantastic price!

I no longer have contacts in the area so I'm afraid I know nothing about the extension.Sorry mate!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...