Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

In a dutch paper today they wrote that flights to Asia were getting very expensive,it was behind a paywall so I only get the headlines.Out of curiosity i put in the dates of my trip nov19 to dec17.The cheapest was with Finn air,€1090 and the out leg was 32 hours! The best price for a 13-14 hour trip was over €1400.My flight with EVA is coming in at €1700 I paid €877.

I have been flying to Thailand annually since 1996 and I have never seen prices anything like this,Can't imagine what the price will be for the Christmas new year peak will be.

I've found this extension will get you past most newspaper paywalls:

https://gitlab.com/magnolia1234/bypass-paywalls-chrome-clean

Prices are pretty grim for flights though, and then you have to factor in the cost of any nightly entertainment which also seems to have rocketed in WS and in LKM. 

• Like 1

We have to face the facts that we are in a high inflation cycle, personally I don't think say €1000 is so bad for what you get, 12,000 miles round trip. Betting a good percentage of that is government taxes. Thailand was talking of adding 300 baht to that, early next year. Chatted to a USA guy recently arrived and he went via Doha, and the A380 from there to Bangkok was packed, that is 500 passengers. Demand must be high.....

Edited by jacko
26 minutes ago, jacko said:

We have to face the facts that we are in a high inflation cycle, personally I don't think say €1000 is so bad for what you get, 12,000 miles round trip. Betting a good percentage of that is government taxes. Thailand was talking of adding 300 baht to that, early next year. Chatted to a USA guy recently arrived and he went via Doha, and the A380 from there to Bangkok was packed, that is 500 passengers. Demand must be high.....

More like €1500,the €1000 flights were 30 hours or more each leg! and no luggage.The reasons given were that there's not so many flights,so the ones that do fly are fully booked,maybe overbooked so we can expect some shenanigans at the airports.Cost of fuel,always that one.Staff issues,they laid of all the security people and the loaders etc,surprise surprise they found better jobs.Now they have to find and train new staff,and they are struggling.I shall find out on the 19 November.I have a few expensive linen shirts and Marino wool tshirts I shall put them in my carry on,it would upset me if I lost them when my luggage disappears.