Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am in Pattaya/Jomtien  from 3 January till 26 February.I have for over 25 years stayed in hotels.For the longer stay I am looking for a condo/ apartment.What are the pitfalls and the red flags I should lookout for? Some of the Airbnb places have great prices but don't mention water and electricity etc.Booking.com have more places but much more expensive.The reviews especially for Airbnb are all over the place.VT 6 has a couple of places about €2200+ for 54 nights that seems like good deal.Any recommendations please,walking distance from the beach preferred but not a deal breaker.

Cheers mike

• 1 month later...

I know its a bit late but AirBnB places do seem to add water and electricity at the end of your stay but they are generally at the Government rate rather than an inflated rate some places charge, you just have to ask in advance.  The prices are much better than some hotels but they also don't usually cover cleaning and bedding so that is also usually extra unless its stated in the offer but again ask first and assume nothing. I Like condos because they are usually better equipped than hotels and less hassle with guests. If you have that sort of budget then here are many great condos around central Pattaya that would suit but always ask in advance because some are sharks with big teeth that want to take a bite out of your wallet, and just being higher end of the market is no guarantee of fair treatment unless you have already set limits in advance. I have to say that having that sort of budget will get you some great places  and I hope you have a great stay. I would also add that being too far outside the center of Pattaya is  bind and even with a motorbike it can be a trek getting in and out of town ,so I will be paying a little more in future so I can stay close to the action.

• Thanks 1

I've booked a place for the first 4 weeks just off Klang close to the bigC,I can cancel anytime up to Christmas.Its reasonably quite there and it's about as far out as I want to be.There is a chance that I can stay in mate's condo,will know in October/November fingers crossed.