Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Alright gentlemen, make your picks. (Four chances and one outsider)

Mike Weir -- The Pride of Canada is looking as good as he was last year. Already has one win under his belt (Nissan Open) and can 'roll the rock.'

Adam Scott -- The 'next Tiger' has finally arrived, or so experts like Butch Harmon say. Beat the best field of the year last week at the Players Championship and proved he can handle pressure after hitting into the drink and making bogey to win.

Padraig Harrington -- This guy always seems to fly under the radar. Improving every year and is a solid putter.

Phil Mickleson -- Could he finally break his drought? Bounced back after a disasterous 2003 and is hitting it as good as anyone but does he have the patience?

My outsider pick goes to ...

Shigeki Maruyama -- His won every year since 2000 and his injuries appear to have healed. Played great at the Nissan Open when he took Weir to the wire and ain't scared of the Big Guns.

Other notables:

Tiger: Ain't hitting it that good (by his standards) but can find form pretty darn quickly.

Ernie Els: Always a chance.

Retief Goosen: Ditto.

(Editor's note: Lippo can be exchanged for a beer at the FLB Bar next time I'm in town.)

Reckon the cream will come to the top in this one -

1. Woods, 2. Singh, 3. Els, 4. Love

Outsider just to get an Aussie in there Popeye(Parry).

Scott still needs to learn to putt then he may win a few.

I agree that Mickleson is looking in good form going into the Masters - maybe it is his year. My each way bet is going on Cejka for a top 4 finish. Steady player and a good putter. Should be a good price.

My bets are going on:

1. Mickleson

2. Harrington

3. Cejka

4. Price

Doggie

What odds you get for Cejka each way Doggie? Looking good.

Mickelson and Olazabal also loitering with intent... as is the Chosen One.

Els, Love, O'Meara, Garcia, Couples all in the hunt. Looks like it will go down to the wire. These early mornings are killers. Siesta time.

Roppongi

I had a modest each way investment on Cejka at 125/1 the day before the tournament started. He is now showing at 16/1 at the start of day 3 play. Nice to see him in a challenging position but a lot can happen over the next 2 days. If he wins, the proceeds will be enough to finance a trip to Pattaya! However, I suspect he will choke so I will be happy with 1/4 the odds if he gets a top 4 finish.

I also took a win bet on Mikelson at 8/1 and he is still looking a strong contender. I think there is more of a chance of a payout on him than Cejka.

Hope it is a good last 2 days.

Doggie

well fellas it is all over and with the first major of the year goes to lefty! 1st I will say it was a fantastic finish. The Big Easy sure gave it his all, but that birdie putt on the 72nd hole of the masters was one for the ages.

Congrats Phil

It must have been one of the most exciting last days in Masters history. Mickelson

produced one of the greatest finishes with 5 birdies in the last 7 holes under enormous pressure. Incredible scenes when he sank the birdie putt on the 18th to win. As Els has 3 Majors already I would think most viewers were thrilled to see Mickelson win it. Also the 2 successive groups producing a hole in one at the 16th. :rolleyes:

Doggie, Hub, looks like I owe you blokes a beer. And myself! :bonk

Amazing final round. Happy for Phil to finally get the monkey off his back. Ernie played great but Phil was rock solid.

Tiger was disappointing, wonder how long it will be before he teams up with Butch again?

Great to see Phil do it at last. I really thought he was going to blow it by playing too conservative but he went for it on the back nine. These 2 holes in one by Harrington and Triplett were amazing.

I made a small profit after all my bets - only about £20 so just about enough for a bar fine and a short time when I am back in town!

I'll be pleased to join the winning tipsters for a beer around the time of the RideHer Cup.

Cheers

Doggie

• 3 weeks later...