Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 706 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what typical wage rates are like in Pattaya, eg maids, receptionists, waitresses, etc? I read a while ago that a waitress in a small restaurant, with no real education or English, might get as little as 7 Baht an hour. Surely no can live on that? :beer

the waitress at sabai inn told me that she got 4000 bath a month and i day off a week,i dont know if its true or not,bouncer

My TG worked at Tesco in the seafood department and earned 5700 baht, she says starting wage is 4700 baht and cashiers make around 6200 baht. Senior staff more. Thisi s for six days a week and 8 hours a day. She worked for three months at the north Pattaya Tesco...she lives near Sattahip and didn't like the commute so she quit.

She worked at a restaurant that also made meat products...she cleaned the freezer, made sausage, packaged meats....she earned 3500 baht and says she would have earned more if she stayed longer...the people also earned tips....she says her share came to around 1000 baht so she earned around 4500 in a month. She also had health insurance through the job...She worked six days a week and 10 hours a day....with a lunch break and some time to rest when chores done and no customers. She worked at this job for around four months and quit just over a year ago.

She has friend who works for 7/11 and earns 8000 a month....she started at 4500 several years ago. She told the boss she was leaving and he increased her wage...she gets health insurance through work.

Another friend works for the telephone company and earns 7500 baht after three years of working for them...she gets health insurance also. She works five days a week and 8 hours a day.

A man who works for the housing complex I am in earns 4000 a month. He does all sorts of odd jobs and I doubt if the landlady pays health insurance...but I don't know. The night security guy, who sleeps most of the time, gets the same. My TG says neither of them get health insurance.

:o B)