Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just so you know what's happenning at the moment.

Whitehouse Condotel seems to be progressing and they have the sixth floor started now. Not too much noise but there is general racket and dust about. For those unfamiliar, it's going up next to the Dynasty and just east of Sandy Springs.

87DSC01075.JPG

87DSC01076.JPG

The vacant lot next to the Ma Maison has more fill sand in it than when I was in town in June and a couple guys dinking around in their trying to look busy:

87DSC01077.JPG

The noise level isn't too bad from either site that I noticed and I often make it past there.

Just so you know........

~Sa-teef

Walked up Soi 13 about 15:00 today and I found the noise sufficiently loud at the Whitehouse site that I didn't bother trying to book rooms for friends coming into town in December at the adjacent Dynasty. Ok, I'm probably overly caucious but this project has had a few stops and though it does look like it is progressing nicely now I decided not to gamble, so I booked them in at the Lek.

Main point - Lek Hotel had rooms for a couple of nights in mid December for my friends - and then we're off to Koh Chang - but folks needing high season rooms might find something there at 850 for old section and 1200 new.

-redwood

I stayed at the Sandy Springs three nights Oct 9, 10 and 11. I had a room opening to Soi 13on floor 7. The noise was downright horrible during the daytime. Starting at about 8 am and ending around 4 pm. Fortunately I rarely sleep in late and it was not a problem for me. Construction noise from across the soi from a large power generator and jack hammers. Noise did not seem to be a problem when I was walking on Soi next Dynasty Inn.

I would avoid Sandy Springs at the moment.

Regards,

Bacon

I stayed at the Sandy Springs three nights Oct 9, 10 and 11. I had a room opening to Soi 13on floor 7. The noise was downright horrible during the daytime. Starting at about 8 am and ending around 4 pm. Fortunately I rarely sleep in late and it was not a problem for me. Construction noise from across the soi from a large power generator and jack hammers. Noise did not seem to be a problem when I was walking on Soi next Dynasty Inn.

I would avoid Sandy Springs at the moment.

Regards,

Bacon

stayed at dynesty inn 17-18 OCT, moved because of niose all day just to annoying

they were drilling out some concrete foundations reinforced off course,seems they

made them too high.They were drilling for 5 or 6 days compressor and 2 drills

and fuck it was loud you could not do it in the west. no ear protection etc

then it was all over no problem but thers building or somthing going on all over soi

they have raised the roof at ma-maison,something going up at the haven,

the white house condo goinng up,they have to start whatever they are going to do

at the fucking drilling site.

my advice go to sandy spring but tell them you will leave if the noise is too much

and dont pay for all your stay in advance.

if its a bit of sawing and hammering you willnot notice it.

but the drilling, and if they start pile driving it really is too much.

when i left on saturday it was ok

Yselmike.

Do you know what is "going up at the Haven"? I was thinking of staying there in January next year but will change if there is construction going on there. All the hotels in Soi13 have been booked and the Haven was the only one that had rooms available for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

KF

kingfisher.no not really its not big i guess a couple of new rooms.

i would not stay in the haven,unless you know it allready the rooms are dark and smelly its a great location but really not a great choice.i looked in the AA opposite the sportsman and thats awfull do not stay there.i booked a minibus from there to bangkok that did not show up,bad news if you need to catch a flight.

have you tried the dynasty inn on soi 13

• 3 weeks later...

Moved into the Sandy Spring yesterday and there is no noise to speak of from construction. The Condotel still looks the same as the pictures on this thread. Just block laying going on. Nothing much happened at Ma Maison. And they are doing form work this morning at the haven just below my room but its just a few guys hammering in nails. Nothing too noisy. Had a great dinner last night at Ma Maison.