Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

roland has told you I have told you,and a few others have told you

SOI 13 IS A BUILDING SITE, ITS FUCKING NOISY AND IT WILL STAY NOISY TILL

THEY FINISH BUILDING.GOT IT YOU DEAF C>>>>TS, :chogdee2 :banana B) :beer :beer :beer

What is your problem? Why are you shouting at people who just use this board for what it's intended, asking for info on Pattaya? I just spent 5 nights in the Sandy Spring. yes, there is construction on Soi 13 but there's construction activity all over Pattaya. The noise is not bad. I heard more noise from music in a local bar after 1 a.m. than from any construction and neither inhibited my ability to sleep in the afternoon or at night. Why don't you just give people accurate info instead of shouting?

its because every time we try to tell people that soi 13 at this time!! is a nightmare

because of the building noise,people like you pop up with"its not so bad really"bollocks

and we think "oh not again".

Well my fine friend try sleeping in one of the cheaper sandy rooms overlooking the soi

when the jackhammers and piledrivers are going.

Try relaxing by the pool at lek hotel {that by the way faces soi13] when the jack....

Try having your window open in a room at the lek hotel when the jack.....

but its not so bad maybe i am just a LIGHTSLEEPER oh sorry.

That pile driver in the lot next to the AA Residence was incredibly loud when I took this pic on June 11th or 12th, exiting the Sportsman for breakfast.

87DSC010641.JPG

The Whitehouse Condo area was dusty and busy, but not particularly loud.

The new hotel or condo farther west of the AA Residence is just a concrete shell right now but at least 6 stories high, so there will be work going on there for a good long while yet.

If you are a light sleeper, it's not a particularly good area to be in right now.

Even up on Soi Three I could hear the noise from the highrise condo work down on Soi 5/6 area of Beach Rd. I wouldn't want to stay on Soi 13 right now personally. But that's just IMO.

~Sa-teef

Yselmike , I wouldn't bother if I were you. You know it's a building site I know it's a building site, you know not to stay there if you want a peaceful time and I know that so if people want to stay there then let them.

I wouldn't stay anywhere on Soi 13 if you paid me at the moment.

Well my fine friend try sleeping in one of the cheaper sandy rooms overlooking the soi....

..and that is why most people on this board recommend not to take these rooms but the sea view rooms instead! And there I did not have any problems with noise at all (see my earlier post) and I have booked them again for my upcoming trip in August. But if you do not like the area stay somewhere else, up to you! But IMHO you should not attack other boardies who like to area and ask for info how to get around the noise! Just my 2 satangs!

its because every time we try to tell people that soi 13 at this time!! is a nightmare

because of the building noise,people like you pop up with"its not so bad really"bollocks

and we think "oh not again".

Well my fine friend try sleeping in one of the cheaper sandy rooms overlooking the soi

when the jackhammers and piledrivers are going.

Try relaxing by the pool at lek hotel {that by the way faces soi13] when the jack....

Try having your window open in a room at the lek hotel when the jack.....

but its not so bad maybe i am just a LIGHTSLEEPER oh sorry.

Why do you have such a problem with people disagreeing with you? If you'd be specific and not tar the whole of Soi 13 with your "nightmare" brush you might get less disagreement. Only when pushed do you finally concede the problem at the Sandy Spring may be limited to "try sleeping in one of the cheaper sandy rooms overlooking the soi." Well, there are a lot of other Sandy Spring rooms that are some of the best value rooms in Pattaya. Why do you tar them with the "nightmare" brush and react with sweeping denunciations when anyone has the nerve to disagree with your partially true assertions.

For people looking for Soi 13 accomodation, I recommend the Sandy Spring but insist you get a seaview room. Do that to enjoy to view and avoid any possible noise. I sat on my balcony in the morning, in the afternoon and late at night and thoroughly enjoyed a superb location, a great view and a great value room not to mention the guests I invited to the room. The loudest noise I heard was music at night and it caused me no problems. Enjoying the lights of Pattaya Bay on the balcony while a TG is attempting to blow your lights is an experience for all and an experience to be thoroughly enjoyed in a Soi 13 hotel, the Sandy Spring.

Others considering other places on Soi 13 should read material on this and other threads carefully and PM a few guys who've been there. Then make your own decision.

Don't make your decision on the angry reactions of a couple of boardies who don't like their sweeping generalisations being challenged.

I and big mike were maybe the first to recommend the sandy spring I stayed there

just after it opend and wrote a glowing review{but it got lost when the board changed].

I first stayed in the chris guest house on soi 13 that is now the haven hotel,its always been my favourit place to stay and I have always recommended it.

the last 2 times I have stayed there the sandy and the lek, it was a nightmare

so untill the building work is finished I will keep saying do not stay on soi 13.

UNTILL THE BUILDING WORK IS FINISHED.

Thats my take on it so everybody can pay there money and make there choice.

I will go back to soi 13 only when the work is finished,untill then I will stay and tell anybody who wants to listen to stay in the areca lodge on soi dianne inn.

stay away from soi 13........

stay away from soi 13.............

stay away from soi 13.............is that specific enough for you.

ps I do not recommend the haven hotel

I am planning to head back to Pattaya in Sep/Oct for the 4th time. On my first 2 trips I had my better half from the UK with me and we stayed in the Dusit. The standard of this hotel combined with Kuoni's pay for 7 nights and get 7 free, we could not fault it. I could have had a cheaper 14 night stay in Pattaya but not a better value one. I did this twice. Obviously no LT's!!

My last trip (on my own :D

What I loved most about Sabai Lodge was its relaxed attitude and its location. I think Soi 2 has the best atmosphere and girls of the lot in Pattaya and off course its a minutes stroll back to Sabai. I think Soi 2 is very underated. Does anyone else agree? I brought mates down to Soi 2 from Soi 8 who had been in Pattaya up to 10 times but never bothered their arses trying the deights of Soi 2 area!! I couldn't believe it.

Tell me what you think, I'de love to hear from someone who stayed at Sabai Lodge and had a drama or problem with it and went on to find somewhere better!!!!

Regards to all!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

this is yet another post by me in the long running debate of noise on soi 13 a debate that I think I have a better in sight into than some respondants to this post as I have just spent the last 2 months in the lek hotel returning only yesterday .I was on the 8th floor of the lek and heard nothing from the builders whilst in my room(at the front facing 2nd rd)and as i swim every day for at least 30mins the pool area was no stranger to me but whilst the noise was loud at the poolside I was not overly bothered by it(and it was only loud when they pile drove and that was very intermitant)but if you are bothered by noise it may not suit you, but if you are that picky then maybe a town that has bars that make very loud noise all day and night is not the place to spend your holidayas they say here ,its up to you, not someone else who for the best reasons is only giving you their impressions guided by their experiance of sound not yours.

had I listened to the "advice"I would have stayed in another hotel for no reason that affects me and been away from the area i like to stay in

• 2 months later...

Am at the Lek right now in fact and have not noticed any noise of note at nights. Some construction noise daytime but not too loud. Nothing to put me off my poolside snooze...

I DID notice the bar music late at night when i stayed in the Dyn Inn across the soi before, but not enough to stop me sleeping.

Only problem with the Lek is that you have that 95 baht buffet breakfast in view everytime you go to the pool or down to beach road, it's just too temping to pass up ! Right now i am bloated... again :nod