Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi.

i want to rent a nice room or a condo for the begenning of the year.

my budget is 6000 bahts all inclusive.

othewise, i'm looking for a condo to buy...my budget 500000bahts all inclusive..

do you have some idea..

regards

el :nod

You mention that you want a nice room or condo in your price range. For nice I think you will need to increase your budget by at least 100%.

Some other members might know of some deals but I do not think there is much in this price range.

Places that cheap can be found but your probably not going to like living there. About one million will get you a comfortable place in a nice development. Some nice places can be had for 6,000/month but your not going to be in the middle of town. Best way to find them is get on a motorbike and look for for rent signs I see many of them this time of year. Along with high season brings higher rental rates and that is just around the corner....

hi. :chogdee2

i want to rent a nice room or a condo for the begenning of the year.

my budget is 6000 bahts all inclusive.

el :chogdee2

Did you mean 6000 per week or per month?

Per week equals 850 baht per day, yes thats feasable.

Per month equals 200 baht per day don't think thats feasable.

I have seen rooms to let @ 200/400 per day, in the area bordered by Soi Diana/Soi Buakao near where Lolita's BJ bar is, which seems a "Brits" area.

No idea what the rooms were like, but the property in that area looks fairly new.

thechairman18

Though not an expert by a long shot I have seen many places and think that you would have a hard time finding a place for 6000 Baht all in. I have seen and did reviews on many that were around 6000 but you pay Water and Electric. Check out my post regarding the Up 2 You Apts fan room 2500 Baht so that would be even less that your 6000 baht after you add Water 150 Per Month and 6 baht a unit for electric And they are Brand new rooms a week or two old. It can be done but these places go fast.

Places that cheap can be found but your probably not going to like living there. About one million will get you a comfortable place in a nice development. Some nice places can be had for 6,000/month but your not going to be in the middle of town. Best way to find them is get on a motorbike and look for for rent signs I see many of them this time of year. Along with high season brings higher rental rates and that is just around the corner....

Get on a motorbike. :nod

Just imagine eyes looking for a sale sign while driving along 2nd road

Get on a motorbike. clap1.gif

Just imagine eyes looking for a sale sign while driving along 2nd road

Big Robo is right that is a sure way to end up road kill shit That is the reason I choose not to ride a motorbike here I am always looking at the pussy and for sure would end up in the back of some baht bus :beer

I definantly agree motorbikes are dangerious. A little common sense can go a long way. I cover alot more ground riding a bike than walking. I save my lookin for in the neighborhoods. Yea Soi 2 can be bad.

On three occasions I've had Thai ladies take me back to their rooms either to get something such as an article of clothing or just to show me how they live. The places I've been to run around 5000 baht for a room about the size of one of the bedrooms of the two bedroom apartment I lived alone in back in the U.S. There is typically a small bathroom off the bedroom and in some cases a very small balcony if one can call it that. Enough to hang a few clothes outside and that's it. These places are without air conditioning. The girls keep them half way cool with a simple fan and by keeping the outside door open a lot so that there is some cross through ventilation. I have not even seen as much as a microwave in these places. From what I've seen the girls often buy their food from street vendors which they will then often bring back to the room to share with others living with them. The girls have to pay extra for utilities. They share such places with at least one roommate. Typically from what I've seen there are two or more girls sharing the place and the rent and utilities. The places I've seen don't even have closets as we know them. The girls will run a clothes line through the corner of the places on which they hang their clothes or use a small wardrobe which they share with their roommates. An American woman would not put up with such wardrobes even if they don't have to share the space with other women.

So I concur with the sentiment of the others. You won't find a "nice room" for the price you are budgeting for. If you could the Thai girls would have already been renting such places.

So I concur with the sentiment of the others.  You won't find a "nice room" for the price you are budgeting for.  If you could the Thai girls would have already been renting such places.

Yep, have to agree with this post. Thats why, apart from your money, they dont hesitate " I come your loom". Its like going on a holiday for them, and getting paid. Nice double bed, no sleeping on the floor, A/c, hot water, mini bar, though not many take advantage there, and dont forget the TV, and b/fast.

If you do get invited to "my loom", dont forget to take your shoes off, and if invited to eat with them , its impolite to refuse.

thechairman18

I also want to add what I have gleaned from "condo prices" I've seen. A friend of mine just bought a small studio condo in Jomtien. It is 33 square meters in size, This is the size of a nice hotel room. It is a very nice place for what it is being very well appointed and organized by the Englishman who had refurbished it. But do keep in mind that "studio condos" typically go up to 40 square meters so 33 square meters is a bit on the small side even for a studio. He paid 1.5 million baht for his place which is roughly three times what you are budgeting to buy a "nice place".

Prior to my actually purchasing a condo at Wongamat Beach, when I was back in the states before my March-May visit, I had been going over condo and apartment listings on the Internet every day, and I mean everyday. The 1.5 million baht price for 33 square meters was pretty much the market rate, at least for Jomtien and similar areas although I do seem to recall some 40 square meter apartments going for this. Then, in early March i looked at a 33 square meter place on Soi 8 not far from Beach Road. The place would have to have had a lot of work done to it. But as I recall the owner was wanting close to 1.5 million baht for it. I figured he might have accepted less, and that the complete investment required to bring this place up to snuff would have been around 2 million baht.

I've heard that housing is much cheaper outside of Pattaya. But as long as we are talking about Pattaya I would think that 500,000 baht is not even within spitting distance of what the market is.

For a small place and not the place in the area you might want. You can find a condo @ .5 mil baht. There are around 50 real estate offices + or -. I would definitely get a lawyer to handle the transaction. I am sure if you went through the www.pattayaexpatsclub.com they could lead you in the right direction. Join for lifetime at around 500 baht. This trip is primarily for the purchase of a condo. Retirement isnt that far away. To redo a place you are looking at 250,000 to 350,000 baht. Ive been studying the pattaya condo market for 6 months. Some places are real small 25 sq m. average 30 to 40 sq m. P.m. me and I'll e-mail a few websites. later Doorman

www.pattayaexpatsclub.com

Gotta tell you doorman I went to two of There meetings and was not Impressed at all they covered topics that had really nothing to do with Being an expat here. I have learned By far more by joining the Thaivisa.com board but to each his own :D

I saw this condo advertised and thought it might be of interest to you.

B 450,000

Great value for money starter apartment. This unit is located conveniently between Pattaya and Jomtien on Soi 17.

This compact apartment is for sale with furniture and offers a Euro kitchen, seperate bedroom and modern bathroom. Transfer fees to be paid by the buyer.

http://www.thaiproperty.com/cgi-bin/db.pl?...gifunction=form

Ding Dand Do !

Would that be easier and more cost effective to use this new aircon bus service to source around for a good condo at around Jomtien

http://www.tatnews.org/latest_update/detail.asp?id=2621

Unlimited trip for one month THB900!!

Can anyone advise?

There has been talk that there is 20/30 Min's wait between buses and I am not wanting to wait that long for the bus when 25 Baht buses would have passed you by while you were waiting. As of yet of the 6 buses I saw none of them had a single passenger. May be high season will bale them out but I would not bet on it.

Edited by Soi7
I saw this condo advertised and thought it might be of interest to you.

B 450,000

Great value for money starter apartment. This unit is located conveniently between Pattaya and Jomtien on Soi 17.

This compact apartment is for sale with furniture and offers a Euro kitchen, seperate bedroom and modern bathroom. Transfer fees to be paid by the buyer.

http://www.thaiproperty.com/cgi-bin/db.pl?...gifunction=form

Ding Dand Do !

whats wrong with this place as I think that is a very nice pic and the area seems no worse than any other in pattaya, how much are the transfer charges?

whats wrong with this place as I think that is a very nice pic and the area seems no worse than any other in pattaya, how much are the transfer charges?

As I see the pix and the map, the condo far away from anything. ( see waterparks distance ) So the transfer fee must be a pain in the ass, even more I guess hard to find a bahtbus overthere. I stayed several times at the Buddha Hill and even there was a problem with the bahtbuses. ( 80-100 bht / one way trip ) If you are out from the bahtbus line probably the best solution is to rent a motorbike.

I understand the travel restrictions but I allways have a bike and if I had a condo I would buy my own bike what I would love to know is how much are these"transfer charges"and what are they