Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mate have stayed at Dynasty Inn once, and Ma Maison many times.

Haven't stayed at Sandy Springs.

Dynasty is a typical place for its size and price range. Rooms are a bit dark and the pool is really tiny. Otherwise OK. Guest friendly with ID left at the desk.

Ma Maison is a much smaller place - about 24 rooms I think. The high season rate is 900baht for a room and 1100baht for a suite I think. I prefer a smaller hotel because of the usually friendlier staff. Rooms can be a bit underlit, and occasionally musty, but otherwise I like the place.

Rafael is the current manager. He is a nice guy from Costa Rica who speaks, Spanish, French, English as well as a smattering of Thai.

Cheers, Lemons

Lemons said:

Ma Maison is a much smaller place - about 24 rooms I think. The high season rate is 900baht for a room and 1100baht for a suite I think

What are the suits like? and what price?

Cheers

Brewmaster

Anyone have an email address for this place?

Mate, here's the link, the email is within:

http://www.mamaison-hotel.com/e_index.html

lemons

Lemons said:

Ma Maison is a much smaller place - about 24 rooms I think. The high season rate is 900baht for a room and 1100baht for a suite I think

What are the suits like? and what price?

Cheers

Brewmaster

Brewmaster,

For the price the suites aren't bad. Some have mirrors on the ceiling, which I find distubing :chogdee2

Till Nov 01: 900baht

High Season: 1100baht

As with all the rooms there, they could do with better, (more), lighting, but overall I find it a good place to stay - in a great location.

lemons

Do you have to walk through the restaurant to get to your room?

No. there is an entry/exit just up from the r/rant bar area if that sort of thing bothers you.

Edited by lemons

Ma Maison is perfectly adequate and has a better than average restaurant. But I only stayed there once because a girl I had to push out the door one day talked her way into my room while I was out the next day. She sat there, drinking my minibar dry, until I came back late with another girl. Not a nice scene or memory. From that point on, I kept my room key with me at all times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just stayed at Ma MAison for 12 days, and IMHO is very much worth the 1100b I payed.

The staff is very sweet, and lovely young ladies, always helpfull. Rafael is very friendly, accomodating and helpfull.

The rooms, I stayed in two SUPERIOR(larger in size) rooms, are VERY clean and nicely appointed.

Very nice pool, GREAT food at the restaurant, and in general a very nice setting. Beautiful coutyard surrounding the poll and restaurant.

Guest friendly, and yes you kind of walk through( actaully more like past) the restaurant to get to the rooms, but who cares.

Location is great also. Soi 13 near Beach raod. It is very quiet at nite.

I will definitely stay there again.

Also, he just installed wireless access in the hotel while I was there. :D

The email is mamaison@loxinfo.co.th

Small website can be found at: Ma Maison

Hope this helps.

SB

Edited by spoojebob