Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Apartments Soi LK Metro

Anyone in town know the name and phone # of apartments across from Champagne A GOGO on Soi LK Metro/ New building with natural wood front and reception area. Looking for palce in that area for 6 weeks this summer.

Thanks for your help. Lost my notes from last visit.

Regards

The daily rate at Keratti is 1600 baht so best go back to Anna Jet if you're looking for "bargain" housing. The monthly rate is 20k I believe and they seem to be targeting long stays more than daily stays. I was inside one of the apartments....briefly...and thought it was quite nice. Far better than the average bargain hotel room.

Pattaya-at-night has a slideshow of the street here:

Soi LK Metro

I don't have the contact details but I bet another member on here does. PM Soi 7 and I bet he could find it for you.

The person may well be referring to the Thai Archer, just a few doors up the street which does have a natural wood front and opened in the past year.

They don't pay the domestics particularly well in any of the hotels, but if you have a problem at a hotel it would be best to get very specific and describe the problem. There isn't a hotel around that I am aware of that would ever tolerate theft by the employees. IF you are victimized, talk to the management and the authorities and get it resolved or name and shame the place with the details. I've stayed at a few dozen different hotels in Thailand and never lost so much as a button off my shirt. But if I did, I would persue it vigorously and if it couldn't be resolved , everyone I know would be made aware of the details.

~Sa-teef

They don't pay the domestics particularly well in any of the hotels, but if you have a problem at a hotel it would be best to get very specific and describe the problem. There isn't a hotel around that I am aware of that would ever tolerate theft by the employees. IF you are victimized, talk to the management and the authorities and get it resolved or name and shame the place with the details. I've stayed at a few dozen different hotels in Thailand and never lost so much as a button off my shirt. But if I did, I would persue it vigorously and if it couldn't be resolved , everyone I know would be made aware of the details.

I travel a ton and have a tidbit to add to Sa-teef's comment.

The internet has changed the hotel business in a profound way.

The ability to trash a hotel online in a review terrifies management everywhere I've ever been. In the past, they wanted to make things right for guests because it's the right thing to do and because anyone working that job doesn't want to do it badly -- much like anyone working any job.

But now the motivation has broadened. In the past, if you angered a guest he would not come back and a handful of his pals might be told of it and they would not show up either. So a hotel was insulated from transitory, single events. They had to screw up for months and months before occupancy would start to slip.

But now, one review to a travel website and their occupancy is hammered for a very long time. In addition to noble motivations to do things right and keep domestics from stealing, now they are also motivated by fear.

I have used asiahotels.com twice and both times I was impressed by the results I got. In one of the hotels I was upgraded for free to a two bedroom apartment with asking. The second time the hotel room was way nicer than expected.

asiahotels.com also inspects the hotels themselves and I believe their assesments are pretty accurate.

BTW, I want to express my discontent here with Holiday Inn. DONT STAY THERE!

Edited by short

Friend of mine stayed at Robins Nest in the same block but on Soi Diana, was impressed with the rooms, DVD, fridge, phone nice & clean. i think he paid 10,000 per month, not 100 percent sure about the price but if interested in staying in that area would be worth a look. The bar downstairs has a very good menu & always seems to have a lot of customers in there. i have eaten there a few times & have no complaints about the food, a good breakfast for sure with friendly staff.

Thanks to you all for the info. Kerratti Home Stay was the name I was looking for but the prices seem unreasonable even for high season. I did see Robins Nest and Diana Dragon Apartments in same general area. Will contact them all before next visit this summer. As long as I have hot water and air con I am OK. I NEVER leave anything of value in my room either in Thailand or the US.

Regards to all.

E-mail for Keerati Home Stay is keerati_home@hotmail.com

phone 66(0) 3841 6234

Other rooms in this area are

Metro Apartments metrorooms@yahoo.com

phone 66(0) 3842 5874

Memories memoriespattaya@hotmail.com (att Gordon in subject)

Phone 66(0) 7 9405602

Cock & Bull 66(0) 3872 0973

Stereo stereo web

Jasmine Mansion Jasmine Web

The Thai Archer thethaiarcher@hotmail.com

Phone 66(0) 3872 0948-9

D&P Apartment togtag_22@yahoo.co.uk

Phone 66(0) 3872 0860

Hi all anyone seen anything new,and cheap,in the soi Buakow area ,but with a pool, I need a pool as i swim every day.I will be there from late april to end of august, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Its not clear from the location map, where is the entrance to these apartments is it the 3rd road or soi Buakhow

The enterance is off Soi Bukhao. Security gaurds with a boom gate

I had a look at this place a couple of days ago but was unable to look at any of the rooms due to being full.

I am off to Cambodia tomorrow (Friday) so when I get back I will try & have a look at the rooms then & maybe get some photos

Nice garden setting around the pools & far enough from the main road so it should be quiet.

It is part of the Diana group

Robins Nesturant- I had a look at a room there last week. 15K a month and saw the "big loom". Well, I wouldn't want one any smaller for a month stay! They are clean and seem fine but they are SMALL!

Stereo- I stayed there one month and moved out. Service was lousy and the entrace to the rooms was filthy, stinky and dirty. It's the back of the bar where they throw all the mety beer bottles and trash so consequently ants, roaches etc all come so drink up the sticky beer all over the floor. Gross!

Keerati House- nice rooms and for those that would compare them to Anna Jet, Robins Nesturant, diana dragon you are sorely mistaken and comparing apples and oranges.

Diana Dragon- what a shithole that dump is...nuff said

Robins Nesturant- I had a look at a room there last week. 15K a month and saw the "big loom". Well, I wouldn't want one any smaller for a month stay! They are clean and seem fine but they are SMALL!

good report on my way, i was going to stay there last month but once i seen the rooms were not big enough to swing a cat in i headed for the hills.by far one of the smallest rooms i have come across.no value to be found at robins so look elsewhere.

the foot

"Keerati House- nice rooms and for those that would compare them to Anna Jet"

Thanks Mark! Good to hear your opinion on these places!

I was in one of the rooms ...briefly...but I thought it looked very nice.

NOTHING compares to Anna Jet! Most ST rooms on Soi 6 have far better everything! I pulled a ST there once years back and was glad afterwards it was day light before most of the critters came out!

~Sa-teef