Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Belgian in Pattaya, hmmmmmmmmm

Hi there, we want to move in the beginning of 2007 to Pattaya (me and my Thai wife)... are there many Belgian people up there 2guns and who can tell me something about life in and around Pattaya (I don't mean nightlife 2guns )

Who can give some info about building with Thai builders :sh or good advice... what about the expatcommunity...???

Where to find good wine for a fair price? Where to look for cheap land not too far from the beach??? How much you pay for electricity when you use airco... is the European Food not horrable after a while etc... 2guns

What about International Schools, are they acceptable or not really :D ?

Is B&B overdeveloped or still an option if done well? :ang2

What is the best area, Jomtien???

Cheap land and the name Pattaya should never be used in the same sentence. The international schools are great, if you can pay 500-1,000 USD per month for you child to attend.

Pattaya is not cheap.

Rodger,

I don't know any Belgians in Pattaya.

But, there is a Belgian community in Chiang Mai, and the bar called Number 1 Pub that is owned by a Belgian man Freddy who married a lovely Thai lady named Joi. Email them, they are very friendly. Here is the bar website, you can find email information there... They know Belgian people throughout Thailand.

Pub #1 Chiang Mai

belgiumbeer.jpg

- Shane

Hi Big Chief, I've heard already Pattaya isn't cheap... I hoped I.S. was affordable like 140000 Bath in one year... Wrong? Land (main land) 700000 Bath / one Rai...

Please tell me where I can buy land in Pattaya for 700,000 baht per rai? I will buy all they have. I think you got some incorrect information. :rolleyes:

Hi Big Chief, I've heard already Pattaya isn't cheap... I hoped I.S. was affordable like 140000 Bath in one year... Wrong? Land (main land) 700000 Bath / one Rai...

you wont find an international school with some standard for that price - think in terms of 250,000 tp 500,000 a year per kid depending on the age. also, most international schools will ask for a more or less high entry fee.

check out these two as an example (in the pattaya area)

http://www.regents.ac.th

http://www.isppataya.com

(when you see prices per terms keep in mind that teh school year in Thailand has 3 terms)

and you can look for others from the International School Association of Thailand:

http://www.isat.or.th

cheers

cyber

Any news on the 700k baht per rai land for sale in Pattaya?

I bought 10 rai for 6,500,000 20kms from Pattaya. 1 Rai in Pattaya is likely to be at least 2 million baht.

I bought 10 rai for 6,500,000 20kms from Pattaya. 1 Rai in Pattaya is likely to be at least 2 million baht.

Exactly! No where inside Pattaya city limits can you get land for 700k baht per rai.

With all the uproar over Farang land etc and the move for other overseas retirement locals getting softer on frang land ownership I for 1 am putting on hold my purchase. It's in my best interst to wait a bit but as to the lnad ownership aspect I bet we'll see some good come out of this new push....Beside it was really all about some big developers in Samui! IT is pjected that prices will go down untill LOS becomes a more favorable purchase enviro....A project that I was looking at

has rolled back 10%

http://www.rawana.com/ :llaugh

Hi there, we want to move in the beginning of 2007 to Pattaya (me and my Thai wife)... are there many Belgian people up there  :wtf and who can tell me something about life in and around Pattaya (I don't mean nightlife  :sorry  )

Who can give some info about building with Thai builders  :sh or good advice... what about the expatcommunity...???

Where to find good wine for a fair price? Where to look for cheap land not too far from the beach???  How much you pay for electricity when you use airco... is the European Food not horrable after a while etc... :cry1

What about International Schools, are they acceptable or not really  :moon ?

Is B&B overdeveloped or still an option if done well? :unsure:

What is the best area, Jomtien???

There is one BelgBoy who can tell you how to end up in jail, get the boot and still post on thai boards :drunk . Thailand is a wonderfdul place and I would never worry about problems with the police. Only the dumb fall into those trappings... :wtf

Edited by Phuket Jimmy