Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Food Around Soi 6

I arrive Tuesday night and want to get something to eat (food not pussy, well maybe later :bigsmile: ) around Soi 6. I'd like Tom Yum or some other Thai dish from somewhere that caters for locals as well as the odd falang. Anyone have any ideas - I haven't been to Patts for 5 years so my local knowledge is a little outdated.

Cheers,

GR.

At the end of soi 6 on beach rd is an eating place. You should get tom yum goong there. The beer is also quite reasonably priced too ( i think blue ice was coming in at 35baht a bottle).

Failing that i think the sportsman on soi 6 has some thai food on its menu.

if you arrive too late , you may find that the first joint is closed!!

Edited by vidman
At the end of soi 6 on beach rd is an eating place. You should get tom yum goong there. The beer is also quite reasonably priced too ( i think blue ice was coming in at 35baht a bottle).

Thanks for that, it looks good. The place I go in BKK is just around the corner from Soi Cowboy (Soi 23 and turn right) and the TOM Yum is 60B and a large Singha 65B. I'm hoping t find something similar that I can just go along to when I feel hungry (which I will be on Tuesday). I hope to be on the street around 10pm so not very late.

GR.

The Chok Dee Bar, a beer bar and restaurant on Soi 6/1, has good Thai food. If you don't see the sign it is right next door to The StarLight Bar.

If you are walking down Soi 6 from Second Road, turn left at the first alleyway past the Queen Vic and The Starlight Bar is dead ahead. The Chok Dee Bar will be to your right.

That place at end of Soi 6 on beach road is called Stonehaven a cheap little eating place, you can definatley get a Tom Yun their probably 40-60baht.

I would have a brunch their most days a bangkok Post,a coke a tom yum and another meal about 200baht in total.

Next to that is quite a large Bar area, a German Bar that was always virtually deserted , we used it as our meeting place and they served a really good Tom Yum as well

The bar isnt stonehaven ,it actually says "stone oven" however just to confuse the people the actual stone oven restuarant is round the corner and not the bar we both are talking about! (there is nothing saying the real name)

Confused

well this is thailand

The bar isnt stonehaven ,it actually says "stone oven" however just to confuse the people the actual stone oven restuarant is round the corner and not the bar we both are talking about! (there is nothing saying the real name)

Confused

well this is thailand

The bar/restaurant facing Beach Road is officially named the Beach Cafe I believe, but is called "Charlie's" by the locals mainly because it's owned by a Thai-Chinese scamster named Charlie - duh! He owns the building (inherited from his deceased father) which runs from Beach Road back to the money changer next to the Mandarin.

The Stone Oven, whose menu items are available at Charlie's in addition to its own space on Soi 6, is owned by a Danish guy who leases the space from Charlie.

Charlie's also has its own separate menu with Thai and farang offerings. Thai food is ok as is the Club Sandwich :D

Going up Soi 6 from Beach Road is newly remodeled "Thumbs Up" which is on the same side of the soi as the Sportsman and further up also on the right is the "Derbyshire" which also has Thai food.

Since the street is dark by 01:00 (with a couple of exceptions) most of the kitchens are closed no later than 23:00.

-redwood

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help with suggestions. I used the Stone Oven overlooking Beach Road most nights. A good selection of Thai dishes, very reasonably priced and good taste. A meal and a Singha for around B100 was just what I needed.

GR.

Edited by GlynRhedyn
  • 1 month later...

If you cross Second Road and walk to around where Soi 4 starts, you'll find a large group of food stalls open during the evening. There's a large variety of Thai dishes to be had and the food is cheap.

Greg's Kitchen on Second Road has great food. If you walk to the end of Soi 6 and turn right on Second Road, cross the street and it is about a 5 minute walk. It is just past the Bank and on the same side of the street.

Delicous food, I highly recommend the place.

cheers

kj

Someone can tell me if there is a place for eat european/thai food near soi6 during night (4 a.m.)?

Tops Supermarket (2nd Rd. & Pattaya Klang) probably has the nearest restaurant open at that hour.

-redwood

• 1 month later...

Walk into ANY beer bar, sit down, and tell them that you're hungry and want something to eat. They'll walk across the street and bring it to you. They'll know which local hole-in-the-wall place has the best Pad Thai, Tom Yum, etc...

-BKKsaint

If you're at any of the 24 hour beer bars along Beach Road / Soi6 etc, every few minutes a food cart pulls up.

This one was about 4.30am-ish

5-picture1.gif

5-picture2.gif

I used to pop in most every other morning about 4-5am to see these two buggers on Beach Road if I had finished my S/T

We would watch the Sunrise & the Buddhist monks going past

5-picture3.gif

They wanted to learn some Welsh...so we had a larf.

I would buy Chicken & pork noodles for the three of us with nam pla & chillies & some thing else that they liked, all for 80bht.

Back to the Lek about 6.45am just in time to be the first for a nice hot buffet breakfast, up to my loom...crash till noon. Superb

Orange

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how long they stay open but the street vendor that's in front of 7-11 (just north of Soi 6 on 2nd rd) has some kick ass duck soup!

:thumbup