Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

Got to give the guys at Boeing 10/10 for consistency ..............

Boeing not afraid of tanker delay

BLOOMBERG NEWS

The Boeing Co. said its failure to deliver tankers to Japan and Italy on time won't hurt the company's chances to win a U.S. military contract for the plane.

Boeing is behind schedule in delivering versions of the KC-767 to both countries, said Mark McGraw, vice president for tanker programs, in a news briefing for reporters today at an Air Force Association conference in Washington, D.C. Boeing plans to start the deliveries in 2008.

The Air Force plans to buy 179 tankers to replace its Boeing-built KC-135 fleet, which has planes that are an average of 44 years old. The contract is valued at about $40 billion.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

Got to give the guys at Boeing 10/10 for consistency ..............

Boeing not afraid of tanker delay

BLOOMBERG NEWS

The Boeing Co. said its failure to deliver tankers to Japan and Italy on time won't hurt the company's chances to win a U.S. military contract for the plane.

Boeing is behind schedule in delivering versions of the KC-767 to both countries, said Mark McGraw, vice president for tanker programs, in a news briefing for reporters today at an Air Force Association conference in Washington, D.C. Boeing plans to start the deliveries in 2008.

The Air Force plans to buy 179 tankers to replace its Boeing-built KC-135 fleet, which has planes that are an average of 44 years old. The contract is valued at about $40 billion.

I hope the Government gives the contract to Airbus and Northrop. Just based upon merit of the $20B Boeing fiasco back in 2003.

BTW, I had an interview with Northrop last week, but it wasn't for supporting this program.

Edited by eltib
I hope the Government gives the contract to Airbus and Northrop. Just based upon merit of the $20B Boeing fiasco back in 2003.

BTW, I had an interview with Northrop last week, but it wasn't for supporting this program.

I see that the US press is making a big thing about the Airbus being built by those horrible French people and referring to national security blah, blah blah. Unfortunately, they ignore the fact that the French Air Force's current AWACS, AAR and Transport aircraft are all made by ................................................. Boeing.

Did someone mention level playing field and government subsidies? :bigsmile:

Edited by CheshireTom

[quote

quote]

I'm going to be selfish and say i don't care who gets it, we make parts for Boeing and Airbus so as long as the industry is bouyant and i have a job, everythings good.

Meanwhile, EADS tanker is coming along nicely .......................

Northrop-EADS tanker takes first flight

The chief competitor to Boeing's KC-767 tanker completed its maiden flight this morning.

The KC-30 tanker is the product of Northrop Grumman and EADS. The duo has pitted their aerial refueling tanker against the KC-767 in a bid for a $40 billion contract supplying the U.S. Air Force with tankers.

The initial aircraft, known as D-1, flew for nearly four hours, according to a Northrop press release. D-1 will be the first tanker delivered to the Air Force should Northrop-EADS win the contract ..................

Northrop-EADS already has won three international tanker competitions, securing contracts to supply Australia, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom with KC-30 tankers.

Boeing will supply both Italy and Japan with its KC-767, based off the Everett-built commercial 767 jet. However, the Chicago-based aerospace giant company is significantly late in delivering the initial tankers to those countries.

I see that the US press is making a big thing about the Airbus being built by those horrible French people and referring to national security blah, blah blah. Unfortunately, they ignore the fact that the French Air Force's current AWACS, AAR and Transport aircraft are all made by ................................................. Boeing.

Did someone mention level playing field and government subsidies? :allright

... and on top, Boing is developing all there planes with crappy french CAD software. Maybe the good american patriots will start walking point to point , when they get aware of this fact.

... and on top, Boing is developing all there planes with crappy french CAD software. Maybe the good american patriots will start walking point to point , when they get aware of this fact. :allright

That will be the Boeing Design Team in ............................................................ Moscow.

... and on top, Boing is developing all there planes with crappy french CAD software. Maybe the good american patriots will start walking point to point , when they get aware of this fact. :D

Naw,

I'll just be flying an Airbus. :D

That will be the Boeing Design Team in ............................................................ Moscow.

Are they made up from rejects from Tupelov, Antonov, Illyusin, and MIG? :llaugh

Edited by eltib
Naw,

I'll just be flying an Airbus. :D

Are they made up from rejects from Tupelov, Antonov, Illyusin, and MIG?

Well, the 787 they "rolled out" in July was just that .................................. an Ilyushin. :D

Edited by CheshireTom
Naw,

I'll just be flying an Airbus. :nod

Are they made up from rejects from Tupelov, Antonov, Illyusin, and MIG?

... Airbus is designing with the same software. :party

Ah: And more or less all major car manufacturers use the same software too. So driving is not an option.

( The Only major car manufacturer that is not using CATIA, is GM. They use UGS software. But be aware, UGS was bought by Siemens last year. So you have the choice between french and german engineered cars.

That`s a tough one :rotflmao

Hi,

Too funny. :D In all seriousness I hope it is better than that or Boeing are in worse trouble with the 787 than I thought.

They could have countered that the A380 was just a French Mirage .......... :behead

I'll get me coat.

... Airbus is designing with the same software.

Ah: And more or less all major car manufacturers use the same software too. So driving is not an option.

hahahahahaha :D

I got a 2001 Hyundai and a 2000 Dodge truck. The Dodge doesn't even have 40K miles on it. I use the Hyundai for all my commuting purposes. I may need a rowboat or a slowboat to China for longer trips, But seriously speaking Catia seemed to be a really good product some 10-15 years ago. Actually I think it's more of a problem of the operator, than any software issues. Though when we upgraded from AutoCad 5 to 6, the speed of the application seriously slowed the performance of our work PCs.

hahahahahaha :D

I got a 2001 Hyundai and a 2000 Dodge truck. The Dodge doesn't even have 40K miles on it. I use the Hyundai for all my commuting purposes. I may need a rowboat or a slowboat to China for longer trips, But seriously speaking Catia seemed to be a really good product some 10-15 years ago. Actually I think it's more of a problem of the operator, than any software issues. Though when we upgraded from AutoCad 5 to 6, the speed of the application seriously slowed the performance of our work PCs.

Another bloke who wrote lyrics for Procul Harem. :D :llaugh

With two weeks to go before the delivery of the first A380 to Singapore Airlines there was a good article in Flight International which appears to dispel a lot of the nonsense that is touted about the state of the programme:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2007/...-singapore.html

To summarise a couple of points from the article ...............

10 A380s have flown to date.

23 A380s have been assembled.

Singpapore has opted for a 471 seat configuration.

Thirteen A380s will be delivered in 2008, 25 in 2009 and 45 a year from 2010.

Three SIA A380s are in Hamburg undergoing cabin furnishing, along with the first Emirates aircraft.

Edited by CheshireTom

Well, Cheshire Cat, even if it is successful, and they will have to sell another 300 or so to reach the breakeven point, it won't be because of its good looks. It has always reminded me of a 1960's Citroen.

:D

Well, Cheshire Cat, even if it is successful, and they will have to sell another 300 or so to reach the breakeven point, it won't be because of its good looks. It has always reminded me of a 1960's Citroen.

You're not bitter, are you?

Just a reminder of your grasp on reality .............................. :D

Anyone want to take odds on whether or not the A380 is delayed again or not?

How about whether or not the project is actually finished and delivered?

I wonder how many of these planes have the jury rigged wiring harness? I would be concerned about a wiring fire. Will Airbus go back and rewire these planes with the new wiring?

I wish Airbus well and look forward to flying on the A380 in a year or two. I never buy a car in the first model year and damn well won't fly on job 1 and I don't give a shit who makes it.

I wonder how many of these planes have the jury rigged wiring harness? I would be concerned about a wiring fire. Will Airbus go back and rewire these planes with the new wiring?

I seem to remember Boeings having problems caused by wiring.....

I wish Airbus well and look forward to flying on the A380 in a year or two. I never buy a car in the first model year and damn well won't fly on job 1 and I don't give a shit who makes it.

You'll have to find an airline that doesn't have one of the first 26 off the production line then. Which means that you won't be flying anywhere on an A380 in a year or two. :chogdee

I never buy a car in the first model year and damn well won't fly on job 1 and I don't give a shit who makes it.

I guess that means you won't be flying the first 787s either? :thumbup

I seem to remember Boeings having problems caused by wiring.....

Prime example TWA Flight 800, which exploded after takeoff from JFK in 1996. BTW do you know the first "Final Destination" movie used that crash as an example for that movie?

Edited by eltib