Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

No. The 747 has 25 firm orders. More then enough to keep an airplane that is far past it's break even point alive and the production line going. Boeing makes a ton of money on each one. :D

wow... 25 "firm" orders.... that's a massive number!!!! But it is still a dinosaur :D

Ok, it's still making money, but it looks like Boeing has wasted money developing the 747/8.

The only market left for the 747 is as a freighter.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

wow... 25 "firm" orders.... that's a massive number!!!! But it is still a dinosaur :clap1

Ok, it's still making money, but it looks like Boeing has wasted money developing the 747/8.

The only market left for the 747 is as a freighter.

As long as they make money on each one they sell it's good business.

PARIS, Jan. 4, 2008 EADS unit Airbus said its total orders for full-year 2007 will be a record for the group and 'very close' to the 1,413 orders announced by rival Boeing (NYSE:BA) Co yesterday.

A spokesman told Agence France-Press when Airbus unveils its 2007 orders on Jan 16 it will be 'very close, one way or the other, at levels never before seen'.

At the end of Nov 2007, Airbus orders totalled 1,204 units compared to 1,144 for Boeing. Orders announced in December should boost this to at least 1,300.

Where O where is the 2nd A380? Could it be 'production' problems?

Probably in Toulouse, where it has been, on and off, for almost a year. Delivery will take place when the airline is ready to accept it. :D

Unless you know something different, which. unsurprisingly, you don't. :drunk

By October the A380 will be flying the Emirates DXB -JFK route.

Now where's that Nightmareliner????? I seem to remember that's suffering from "production problems" :D

By October the A380 will be flying the Emirates DXB -JFK route.

Now where's that Nightmareliner????? I seem to remember that's suffering from "production problems"

Lets see - They delivered one last year, and they are maybe going to deliver one in October this year - That makes one a year, on average.

"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

Lets see - They delivered one last year, and they are maybe going to deliver one in October this year - That makes one a year, on average.

The DXB-JFL diagram requires 4 aircraft to operate it. That means Emirates will have taken delivery of at least 4 A380s by October 1st 2008 which is the date the route is going A380.

The Emirates A380s will be operating on the LHR-DXB route prior to then.....

How many Nightmareliners will be delivered this year??????

Considering it hasn't even flown and there is only 359 days left, I would say it is very doubtful a delivery will happen!

Mr Mongo........ you refuse to see..... so you are blind!!!

Probably in Toulouse, where it has been, on and off, for almost a year. Delivery will take place when the airline is ready to accept it. :bigsmile:

Unless you know something different, which. unsurprisingly, you don't. :banana

Seems I know as much as you do and you don't know very much.

I know when the next A380 is due for delivery to SQ ....... it's no great secret.

Why don't you check out SQ's schedules? That'll give you a clue. :bj2 If that's too difficult, tune into next week's scheduled press conference. I'm sure that'll provide you and fruitcase with your answer.

How's the relocation going? Did you and the Mrs find a property? :D

Edited by CheshireTom
I know when the next A380 is due for delivery to SQ ....... it's no great secret. :unsure:

Why don't you check out SQ's schedules? That'll give you a clue. :poke If that's too difficult, tune into next week's scheduled press conference. I'm sure that'll provide you and fruitcase with your answer.

How's the relocation going? Did you and the Mrs find a property? :allright

I'll leave the menial task of checking SQ's and other airlines schedules to you. You seem to be well equipped for this type of task.

Edited by BigDUSA

End of bubble in sight for Boeing, Airbus

NEW YORK, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The unprecedented three-year explosion in commercial plane orders is set to fizzle this year as $100 oil, hesitant passengers and cash-strapped airlines bring the industry back to earth.

Plane makers and analysts are forecasting half as many orders this year as last, but they are calling it a return to normal rather than a market collapse.

http://www.reuters.com/article/basicindust...847688320080110

Meanwhie, AB has bagged it's first big order for '08, for the good old A320 workhorse-

"Airbus lifted by Irish order for A320s

Airbus, the troubled European plane-maker, kicked off the new year by winning an order yesterday for 75 of its A320 family of single-aisle aircraft from Dublin-based leasing company AWAS.

The order, worth $6.9bn (£3.5bn) at list prices but certain to be heavily discounted, could be extended to 100 planes as AWAS has taken options to buy a further 25.

It is a substantial boost to Airbus, whose parent, EADS, has seen its shares slump in recent days on analysts' forecasts that the global aviation market in 2008 could be as little as half of last year, when demand was at an all-time high."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/ja...ustry.transport

Airbus has also sold three of it's A380's previously leased to Singapore Air to an asset finacing company.

"The financings are a boost for Airbus, given these are A380s which are new aircraft assets with unknown residual values, while these particular aircraft are among the first ones off the line and could be trickier to remarket than later deliveries due to weight and wiring differences."

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/....6-million.html

Not a bad start to AB's year.

Edited by sabang
I'll leave the menial task of checking SQ's and other airlines schedules to you. You seem to be well equipped for this type of task.

No need to check the schedules. The timing of the delivery of the second, and subsequent, A380s to SQ was dictated by the opening of the new terminal at Changi (which is designed to handle multiple A380s) that occured this week. The aircarft will no doubt follow shortly. :behead

And right on cue ................

Airbus delivers second A380 to Singapore Airlines

Jan 11, 2008, 11:37 GMT

Toulouse, France - European aircraft manufacturer Airbus said Friday it has delivered the second A380 superjumbo aircraft to Singapore Airlines (SIA).

In a statement released at company headquarters in the southern French city of Toulouse, Airbus said the second A380 was configured exactly like the first superjumbo, which was delivered to SIA on October 15. Both planes feature 471 seats in three classes.

SIA is the first airline to fly the superjumbo commercially. Airbus plans to deliver a total of 13 A380s, the largest commercial aircraft ever built, to its customers in 2008.

You were mentioning something about production problems ....................

Edited by CheshireTom
No need to check the schedules. The timing of the delivery of the second, and subsequent, A380s to SQ was dictated by the opening of the new terminal at Changi (which is designed to handle multiple A380s) that occured this week. The aircarft will no doubt follow shortly.

What planet do you live on? If the deliveries were dictated by the opening of gate spaces, they would have delivered them years ago.

It looks tome that they are trying to deliver about 1 per month - Not exactly high production.

What planet do you live on? If the deliveries were dictated by the opening of gate spaces, they would have delivered them years ago.

It looks tome that they are trying to deliver about 1 per month - Not exactly high production.

Fruitcase,

Make your mind up. :lol: A couple of days ago you said it was one a year, now it's one a month ......

I heard that the 787 is still in bits, was without any avionics or wiring in the cockpit as of a couple of weeks ago and is meant to be flying before the end of March. :cry2

Jeez, it doesn't seem so long ago that WalterMittyUSA was saying, "I gave credit where credit is due. Without the subcontractors delivering quality parts on time the Dreamliner would be a pile of parts sitting on the assembly line".

Edited by CheshireTom
Fruitcase,

Make your mind up. :moon A couple of days ago you said it was one a year, now it's one a month ......

I was only repeating what some other ass kissing Airbus posted. They stated that the 2nd one would be delivered in October, thus the one a year. Someone updated it, and stated that they had HOPED to deliver 13 this year - A dramatic increase if they pull it off, but we all know how much they lie n production schedules.

I was commenting on your ridiculous statement that the limiting factor on deliveries was gate space in Singapore - An absurd statement on it's face.

They are delivering 13 this year .... that is the schedule and it increases from 2009 onwards.

WRONG. They hope to deliver 13 this year.

I was only repeating what some other ass kissing Airbus posted. They stated that the 2nd one would be delivered in October, thus the one a year. Someone updated it, and stated that they had HOPED to deliver 13 this year - A dramatic increase if they pull it off, but we all know how much they lie n production schedules.

A bit like your assertion about the 787 being on track to fly by the end of August 2007. :moon Anyway, it's not a dramatic increase. That has been the revised schedule since the delay announced in mid-2006.

I was commenting on your ridiculous statement that the limiting factor on deliveries was gate space in Singapore - An absurd statement on it's face

Why is it ridiculous. They didn't have two A380 enabled gates/lounges until T3 opened this week. The second A380 arrived the next day.

WRONG. They hope to deliver 13 this year.

They probably hope to deliver more than 13 this year. It's in the hands of the airlines if they want to bring forward their deliveries. However, Qantas needs T5 in London to open first and Emirates needs to finish work in Dubai.

No Mongo.... it was you who came out with the "one" in October statement.......

I said Emirates will have the A380s flying on DXB - JFK in October....

You are blind Mongo!!!

Why is it ridiculous. They didn't have two A380 enabled gates/lounges until T3 opened this week. The second A380 arrived the next day.

Silly argument as if the A380 gate is in use 24 hours a day and the other one can't use it when the first one leaves. Airlines routinely use remote unloading when the gates are full.

Silly argument as if the A380 gate is in use 24 hours a day and the other one can't use it when the first one leaves. Airlines routinely use remote unloading when the gates are full.

No airline plans to routinely use remote gates to load/unload the A380 at Singapore or anywhere else. The planned schedules to Sidney and London require a minimum of two gates to be available at Changi.

Why is it ridiculous.

It is ridiculous because you implied that the limiting factor in commencing service from Singapore was gate availability, when anybody with a IQ above room temperature knows the reason was Airbus cannot deliver planes - Get it?

They didn't have two A380 enabled gates/lounges until T3 opened this week. The second A380 arrived the next day

Are you saying that Singapore has accepted delivery of 2 380? - News to me.

No airline plans to routinely use remote gates to load/unload the A380 at Singapore or anywhere else. The planned schedules to Sidney and London require a minimum of two gates to be available at Changi.

Once again LMAO at your silly gate argument. Gotta have two gates for two planes. Get real.