Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

It's interesting how you Airbus clones (Chelsea Tom, etc) ignore the main point of my rebut of his ridiculous claim that the delivery delays are caused by no gates and simply post personal insults - You would have a LOT more credibility if you stick to the facts and avoid insults.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

It's interesting how you Airbus clones (Chelsea Tom, etc) ignore the main point of my rebut of his ridiculous claim that the delivery delays are caused by no gates and simply post personal insults - You would have a LOT more credibility if you stick to the facts and avoid insults.

Nobody said the delays were caused by lack of gates, only that the choice of delivery dates (and airline schedules) were tied into the availability of gates. After the delay was announced in mid-2006 the airlines negotiated new delivery dates and that schedule was announced. The airlines/airports also adjusted their infrastructure plans to tie-in with the revised schedule. It's no great secret and the production schedule, current position and delivery schedules are freely available to anyone who cares to look for them.

As for the facts ......... the a380 is in service and the 787 is still stuck on the factory floor. That clear enough for you.

Once again LMAO at your silly gate argument. Gotta have two gates for two planes. Get real.

Walt,

At least try and read what I wrote. I said two gates to operate two schedules, (Sydney and London) not two planes. Think about it for a little while .............. :rolleyes:

Edited by CheshireTom
.As for the facts ......... the a380 is in service and the 787 is still stuck on the factory floor. That clear enough for you.

Hi,

Thats the critical point.

Walt,

At least try and read what I wrote. I said two gates to operate two schedules, (Sydney and London) not two planes. Think about it for a little while ..............

I don't know who your referring to but I BigDUSA have thought about what you wrote. Silly guy. :banana

I don't know who your referring to but I BigDUSA have thought about what you wrote. Silly guy.

I'll try and make it simple for you. Singapore Changi is SQ's hub. That means two flights arrive together from London and Sydney. The folk from Sydney transfer onto one of the two aircraft doing the UK shuttle and, concurrently, the folk from London transfer onto the single aircraft doing the OZ shuttle. That, in simple terms specially for you, is why you need two gates to operate the initial schedules that SQ has planned for the A380.

You may have clicked, although I doubt it very much, that SQ can't operate Sydney and London on a daily basis with two aircraft ....... it requires a minimum of three and the third A380 will be delivered in the next six weeks or so. That allows SQ to amend its London schedule with the introduction of its summer timetable at the end of March.

Edited by CheshireTom
Nobody said the delays were caused by lack of gates, only that the choice of delivery dates (and airline schedules) were tied into the availability of gates.

Really??? You posted earlier the following:

"No need to check the schedules. The timing of the delivery of the second, and subsequent, A380s to SQ was dictated by the opening of the new terminal at Changi"

You might want to read your previous posts before posting...

Really??? You posted earlier the following:

"No need to check the schedules. The timing of the delivery of the second, and subsequent, A380s to SQ was dictated by the opening of the new terminal at Changi"

You might want to read your previous posts before posting...

Perhaps you want to point out where I mentioned anything about delays.

Obviously the inability to grasp that one and one equals two isn't your only limitation. :bigsmile:

What a silly argument you make two flights need two gates as if SQ couldn't adjust the schedules to accommodate having only one gate.

SINGAPORE Airlines grounded an Airbus A380 superjumbo bound for Sydney after the plane's front wheels rolled on to grass beside a runway when it came loose from a tow truck.

Nobody was injured in the incident involving the world's biggest airliner, but 450 passengers were taken off so the plane could be moved and inspected for damage.

"The plane steered to the right after it was unhinged on the runway," an airline spokeswoman said.

"The front wheels moved on to the grass patch next to the runway but the aircraft did not move any further."

There was no significant damage to the tyres and the airline hoped the plane would be fit for take-off last night after engineers had completed final checks.

Most of the passengers had already left for Sydney on a new flight, while others flew to alternate destinations including Melbourne and Brisbane.

The A380 can carry up to 853 passengers.

What a silly argument you make two flights need two gates as if SQ couldn't adjust the schedules to accommodate having only one gate.

Adjust the schedules? Are you daft or what? SQ pays millions for its slots at Sydney and London ...... even if they wanted to adjust the schedule they'd have to find another airline willing to sell them prime slots within the window that they can fly the routes taking into account flying time, time differences and airport operating hours. But that probably goes straight over your head. :gulp

You really are becoming excruciatingly embarrassing. :bigsmile:

Anyway ......... getting back to your original assertion that the 787 is on schedule to fly in 2007 :gulp ..........

Analysts Predict Further Delays For Boeing's 787

Fri, 11 Jan '08

Long-Term Impact On Program Unclear

Is another delay looming for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner? Several analysts predict the planemaker may need to push off its development schedule for the composite-bodied aircraft once more... and the stock market has responded, by driving down Boeing share prices.

Any predictions for when it will fly or enter service? :gulp

.Is another delay looming for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner? Several analysts predict the planemaker may need to push off its development schedule for the composite-bodied aircraft once more... and the stock market has responded, by driving down Boeing share prices.[/i]

Any predictions for when it will fly or enter service? ;)

Hi,

I think we all know BigD's skills in that department.

Perhaps Mystic Meg would like to update us on the likelihood of the 787 being delivered before the end of the decade .......

From Bloomberg .........

Boeing May Delay First Flight of 787 Dreamliner, People Say

By James Gunsalus and Andrea Rothman

Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Boeing Co., the world's second- largest commercial airplane maker, may delay the first flight of its 787 Dreamliner for a second time, according to people familiar with the program.

The 787's maiden flight, which had been moved from August to the end of March, may now be pushed back to June, said the people, who didn't want to be identified because they aren't authorized to disclose the information before a public announcement. Boeing will announce a revised 787 delivery schedule tomorrow before U.S. stock markets open, the people said.

The Dreamliner program, which is already six months behind schedule, has been hurt by parts shortages and assembly delays. Boeing has racked up 817 orders for the jetliner valued at more than $120 billion, making it the company's most successful new aircraft in sales. Boeing on Dec. 11 reiterated the Dreamliner would make its first delivery as late as December 2008.

The first-flight delay could hinder plans to deliver 109 planes by the end of 2009 and cost Chicago-based Boeing millions of dollars in penalty payments. The news was reported earlier today by the Wall Street Journal.

Boeing spokesman Jim Condelles declined to comment, as did Charlie Miller, Boeing's European spokesman.

Boeing fell $3.81, or 4.7 percent, to $77.86 at 4 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading, the biggest decline since June 9, 2003. Airbus SAS is the world's biggest commercial airplane maker.

Adjust the schedules? Are you daft or what? SQ pays millions for its slots at Sydney and London ...... even if they wanted to adjust the schedule they'd have to find another airline willing to sell them prime slots within the window that they can fly the routes taking into account flying time, time differences and airport operating hours. But that probably goes straight over your head. :D

You really are becoming excruciatingly embarrassing. :D

Once again when your arguments lose traction you start with the personal attacks. Lame.

I take it you don't know much about the transportation business. Airlines work together every day especially in the repair area. They loan or trade parts frequently. On the operational side they will on occasion do a 'favor' for another carrier because they know in the future they may need one.

Once again when your arguments lose traction you start with the personal attacks. Lame.

I take it you don't know much about the transportation business. Airlines work together every day especially in the repair area. They loan or trade parts frequently. On the operational side they will on occasion do a 'favor' for another carrier because they know in the future they may need one.

And the last time you worked at an airport (or anywhere else for that matter) was? :D

I can assure you that logistics, as the transportation industry is now commonly known, has moved forward somewhat from your days of driving a post-office truck sometime during latter half of the last century.

As I said, excruciatingly embarrassing.

And the last time you worked at an airport (or anywhere else for that matter) was? :D

I can assure you that logistics, as the transportation industry is now commonly known, has moved forward somewhat from your days of driving a post-office truck sometime during latter half of the last century.

As I said, excruciatingly embarrassing.

Once again if you only knew what your talking about. You'd be almost dangerous. :D

Guess whose kicking Euro butt??????????????????????????????

Not Airbus. :D

Did I read BOEING rules the order books??????

Damn straight I did. :clap2 :bow :clap2

Once again if you only knew what your talking about. You'd be almost dangerous. :allright

Guess whose kicking Euro butt??????????????????????????????

Not Airbus. :banana

Did I read BOEING rules the order books??????

Damn straight I did. :clap2 :bow :clap2

You need to consult your fellow stooge Mr Mango for some clarification of what constitutes a sale.

Must be all those orders for the 787 .......................... pity no airlines will be seeing it this year either .... Yet another delay and it's not even out of the factory doors yet.

NEW YORK, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Wednesday it would push back first test flight and deliveries of its 787 Dreamliner by about three months, as it struggles with production of the new, carbon-fiber airplane.

The delay is the second major setback for the program in only three months, after announcing a six-month delay in October.

Boeing said on Wednesday the first test flight of the plane would now take place around the end of the second quarter, compared with its previous target of around the end of March.

First deliveries of the plane are scheduled for early 2009, rather than its earlier estimate of late November or December this year. (Reporting by Bill Rigby; Editing by Derek Caney)

Maybe you could start a new thread ........... 787 on schedule to fly in 2007, 2008, 2009

You need to consult your fellow stooge Mr Mango for some clarification of what constitutes a sale.

Must be all those orders for the 787 .......................... pity no airlines will be seeing it this year either .... Yet another delay and it's not even out of the factory doors yet.

Maybe you could start a new thread ........... 787 on schedule to fly in 2007, 2008, 2009

Let's see who has more orders Airbus or Boeing???????????????

Laughs on you. :allright

Laughs on you. :clap2

Airbus still has a larger order book ........... and therefore will remain the world's no 1. :allright

Don't feel too bad though. I'm sure they'll still manage to get the 787 in the air before you manage to relocate to Pattaya. :banana

Airbus still has a larger order book ........... and therefore will remain the world's no 1. :allright

Don't feel too bad though. I'm sure they'll still manage to get the 787 in the air before you manage to relocate to Pattaya. :banana

LMAOAY and will continue to laugh at you. :clap2

Laughs on you. :bigsmile:

Who gives a rats ass about orders? If the damn 787 has been pushed back a further 3 months, one wonders if it will ever fly. :bigsmile: Those orders can always be canceled remember? Say like when FEDEX cancelled it 380 order, and went to 777s?

787 Delayed again

Edited by eltib
Denny -

comparing "walter mitty" to the vile crap you you posted above? Walter Mitty refers to you, not your family, wife, or daughter. Your dreams of my relationship with/lies to my family have been debunked several times.

No, you are lucky I am not in Pattaya next month, as when I see you face to face it will not be pretty. You made a mistake.

Our next words will be exchanged in person.

Heh.... Maybe you won't have too. Maybe we'll see him getting his vehicle towed away on that new show, called Parking Wars filmed in the city of Brotherly Love.

Who gives a rats ass about orders? If the damn 787 has been pushed back a further 3 months, one wonders if it will ever fly. :bigsmile: Those orders can always be canceled remember? Say like when FEDEX cancelled it 380 order, and went to 777s?

787 Delayed again

Of cuurse eltib, you are 100% correct. The world is entering a financial downturn and it is likely that some of those airlines with aircraft orders (for both companies) won't be around to take delivery of any aircraft. :behead

There is an article that I have quoted before that influenced my thinking on the 787. Have a read ....... it turned out to be entirely accurate so far and we haven't even got to the testing certification yet. I'd bet my last pennies that this latest delay won't be the last one we'll see .......

Boeing 787 Predictions

Edited by CheshireTom

Oh dear!!! 787 delayed again!!! And will this be the last delay announced? probably not.

And yet again Boeing is trying to blame everyone else but themselves.

It is 5 months since the 787 was unveiled to the public and they still haven't got all the parts to finish the first one.