Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

Heck, even a female headhunter that tried getting me placed in a contract position told me I was "smart" last Tuesday.

I also wonder what your wife would think when she found out you were whoring around in Thailand? :llaugh

But she's either incredibly stupid, or naive.

:D

The operative word is "tried" and I take it your still employed at Burger King. :llaugh

As she told me "as long as what you find in Thailand stays in Thailand, I have no problem with you going there". I'd say she's incredibly sensitive to her husbands needs. :llaugh

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

The operative word is "tried" and I take it your still employed at Burger King. :gulp

As she told me "as long as what you find in Thailand stays in Thailand, I have no problem with you going there". I'd say she's incredibly sensitive to her husbands needs. :D

Don't you wish I worked at Burger King? :D Like you I'm on the Government dole right now, but at least I'm still looking for work. And I applied for a job that paid better than any fast food joint today. I have orientation next Monday. I'll give you a hint the job requires I have a clean driving record. I will also be certified to carry passengers in the vehicle I drive. Maybe it's not IT, but pays as good as the shit IT jobs I've applied for.

I see you answered my second part of my question too. Obviously she's both if she's not worried getting some disease from fucking TGs in the ass. That is unless you don't have sexual relations with your wife anymore. :clap2 Now I understand why..

Clip of Big D and wife found on the net

Now that is scary Big D.

Edited by eltib

The Boeing Co., which is at least eight months behind schedule on delivering the Dreamliner commercial jet, may get a lift by beating Northrop Grumman Corp. on a $40 billion U.S. Air Force aerial refueling tanker purchase.

The planemaker has built the KC-135 tankers flown by the Air Force since 1956. A replacement contract, which may be announced this month, would run for 15 years and could add 20 cents to Boeing's consensus earnings estimate of $7.92 a share in 2010, said Paul Nisbet, an analyst with JSA Research Inc. in Newport, R.I.

Boeing's KC-767 is predicted to win the order, according to all 10 respondents in a Bloomberg survey of industry analysts.

"The preferred supplier is Boeing," said Eric Hugel, a New York-based analyst who follows Northrop for Stephens Inc. and rates the stock "equal weight." The award "is Boeing's to lose, and Boeing would have to do something really stupid to lose it."

Air Force and Pentagon acquisition officials are scheduled to review the process for assessing bids on Feb. 13. A winner may be announced by the end of the month.

The order for 179 tankers could grow into the Pentagon's second-largest program, exceeding $100 billion, as the Air Force replaces its entire fleet over 40 years, said Loren Thompson, an analyst with the Lexington Institute in Arlington, Va.

Los Angeles-based Northrop and partner European Aeronautic Defense and Space Co. of Paris and Munich, parent of Airbus, aren't expected to remain silent if their competing KC-30 tanker, which is based on the civilian A330 plane, should lose.

Nine of the 10 respondents to the Bloomberg survey said Northrop would protest any Boeing victory. Five said a protest might result in a split award.

"We certainly have an extraordinarily competitive airplane," Northrop Chief Executive Ronald Sugar said in a Jan. 24 interview. "It's a more capable aircraft. It's larger and carries more fuel."

A Boeing decision would be closely examined because of the ethical breaches that led to the current contest, Thompson said. Air Force official Darleen Druyun was sentenced to nine months in prison after pleading guilty to conflict-of-interest charges for discussing a job offer from the Chicago-based plane maker while negotiating the original tanker order, which collapsed in 2004.

Boeing "is under such scrutiny after the procurement scandal," said Thompson, who projects it will win the contest and face a protest.

Even Boeing's program manager, Mark McGraw, acknowledges the likelihood of a challenge.

"Do we expect a protest if we win? Probably so," McGraw said in a Jan. 21 interview. "One of the negatives of protest is it delays things. They are going to be forced to use old equipment longer."

The KC-135 is based on the four-engine 707 jetliner. The last tanker will be 80 years old when it's retired under the current plan, said Lt. Col. Jennifer Cassidy, an Air Force spokeswoman.

Boeing's replacement is based on the two-engine 767 aircraft. It has an 80 percent chance of winning the order, said Joseph Nadol, a New York-based analyst with J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. He sees a 20 percent likelihood Northrop could force a split purchase.

If the Air Force awards "even a part" of the contract to Northrop's team, "there could be significant implications," Nadol wrote in a Jan. 10 note. "The tanker would be a major strategic win for EADS, positioning the company as a bigger player in the U.S."

"There are so few multibillion competitions out there for new weapons that every one is being fought tooth-and-nail," Nisbet said. He predicts Boeing will win.

The number of protests ruled on by the U.S. Government Accountability Office rose 16 percent to 335 in the past four years, while the number sustained jumped to 91, from 50. That doesn't imply a protest will occur in any particular contest, said Michael Golden, the GAO's managing associate general counsel for procurement law.

"We look at them individually," Golden said.

Whatever the service decides, it's unlikely to be the end of the story, Thompson said.

"When the Air Force makes its choice, we're only in the fifth inning of a nine-inning game," he said. "Then the real political struggle begins."

The operative word is "tried" and I take it your still employed at Burger King. :D

As she told me "as long as what you find in Thailand stays in Thailand, I have no problem with you going there". I'd say she's incredibly sensitive to her husbands needs.

she told me she wants more than 1000 baht per night to be pawed by a fat old fuck :allright

BigD,

Just remind us exactly how far behind schedule Boeing is with its tanker.

What is interesting is that the US excludes its so-called allies from bidding for such defense contracts. Did somebody mention a level playing field? :banana

BigD,

Just remind us exactly how far behind schedule Boeing is with its tanker.

What is interesting is that the US excludes its so-called allies from bidding for such defense contracts. Did somebody mention a level playing field? :banana

Tom,

Boeing should have been disqualified from even competing on this contract, based on what happened in 2003. I wish Northrop well, but with guys like Calvert sitting on the ASC, it may be an uphill battle for team Airbus/Northrop.

Tom,

Boeing should have been disqualified from even competing on this contract, based on what happened in 2003. I wish Northrop well, but with guys like Calvert sitting on the ASC, it may be an uphill battle for team Airbus/Northrop.

Hi,

The 3 Stooges talk about Free Markets etc... but if the 787 breaks Boeing they will get extra defence contracts to keep them going.

Hi,

The 3 Stooges talk about Free Markets etc... but if the 787 breaks Boeing they will get extra defence contracts to keep them going.

Unfortunately, that's the way they work. Just consider the following nonsense from our favourite rag in Seattle ........... no mention at all about free markets. Just, let's pour in over 100 bn USD to safeguard American jobs.

Here are just a few reasons why the KC-767AT is the best plane to help support our troops and fly missions both at home and abroad.

First and foremost, it just makes sense for the U.S. Air Force to use an American plane. The idea of outsourcing a $40 billion U.S. military aircraft program to the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), Airbus' parent company, based in France, makes neither national-security nor economic sense. Why hand over some of our most valuable technology to Europe when we should be protecting it and our industrial base here at home?

Then there is the matter of experience. Generations of Boeing engineers, technicians and machinists have worked on military programs. It's part of our heritage and some would even say part of our DNA. We have designed and built 1,000 commercial 767s and nearly 2,000 tankers, and are currently working to deliver four KC-767s to Italy and four to Japan. That's in stark contrast to Airbus, which has never built or flown a tanker and whose KC-30 tanker is years behind the Boeing tanker.

Funnily enough, France has the exact same Boeing tankers as the US, whilst Germany and Canada have had EADS tankers in service for years ............ :D As for the KC30 being years behind the 767 ........ the British, Saudi, UAE and Australian Air Forces would tend to disagree.

Edited by CheshireTom
Unfortunately, that's the way they work. Just consider the following nonsense from our favourite rag in Seattle ........... no mention at all about free markets. Just, let's pour in over 100 bn USD to safeguard American jobs.

Oh yeah...It's free markets when Boeing is bitching about Airbus subsidies. Yet our own government allows outsourcing US jobs to India, and China. But yet they refuse to give Airbus/NG a contract which will create the SAME amount of US jobs Boeing has offered for making a 767 tanker.

Kinda funny, but it is a subsidy and corporate welfare to Boeing. Wanna bet Mc Cain doesn't bitch about it this time, since he leads in delegates? The Vietnamese didn't do a very good job on him in the Hanoi Hilton.

Then there is the matter of experience. Generations of Boeing engineers, technicians and machinists have worked on military programs. It's part of our heritage and some would even say part of our DNA. We have designed and built 1,000 commercial 767s and nearly 2,000 tankers, and are currently working to deliver four KC-767s to Italy and four to Japan. That's in stark contrast to Airbus, which has never built or flown a tanker and whose KC-30 tanker is years behind the Boeing tanker.

Most of the engineers that have built those KC135s have either retired or died So where is the experience?

Oh I forgot... The people building the 787 have the experience...:D

Edited by eltib

So whats the state of play with Airbus A380?

When is it ging to be flying from England to Bangkok?

Which company will be first to offer the service LHR to BKK?

So whats the state of play with Airbus A380?

When is it ging to be flying from England to Bangkok?

Which company will be first to offer the service LHR to BKK?

No airline, other than SQ, has announced dates for specific routes but Emirates will start LHR-DXB services during the second half of this year. As for BKK ....... could possibly be the arse-end of this year but more likely to be Emirates or Qantas in 2009.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • 4 weeks later...

BOSTON - Boeing Co. said Thursday it has completed 50% of the design releases for the new 747-8 Freighter.

The Chicago-based manufacturer of commercial jetliners said the program has released the 747-8 Freighter's detailed designs to Boeing (nyse: BA - news - people ) factories and its suppliers in order to begin building parts, assemblies and tools for the new cargo airplane.

Boeing said the 747-8 Freighter, which launched in November 2005, is scheduled to start delivering in late 2009 to launch customers Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines.

Boeing said the 747-8 Freighter, which launched in November 2005, is scheduled to start delivering in late 2009 to launch customers Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines.

Hi,

Looks like the Jumbo is ending it's days as a cargo plane.

Well, with Boeing losing out on the USAF tanker deal you would have thought that things couldn't get any worse ................. :bigsmile:

More delays to come on Boeing's 787 - analyst

Fri Mar 7, 2008 9:34am

NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) probably won't deliver its first 787 Dreamliner until July next year at the earliest, a Goldman Sachs analyst said on Friday, potentially adding another six-month delay onto the troubled program, which is already nine months behind schedule.

Airlines are still enthusiastic about Boeing's new carbon-composite plane, which promises to cut fuel costs by 20 percent, but some are starting to show impatience with slow progress on the aircraft, which was originally set to enter service in May this year.

"We now think deliveries will start in the third quarter of 2009 versus the current 'early' 2009 target," wrote Goldman Sachs analyst Richard Safran in a report issued on Friday.

"Boeing continues to underestimate the amount of work required on the 787," said Safran, citing unnamed sources familiar with the program.

He said production problems on the first batch of 787s on Boeing's production line would delay turning the power on in the first plane, push back the first test flight and extend the amount of time Boeing needs to conduct full flight tests on the aircraft.

Representatives of the Boeing 787 program did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Boeing has been updating investors on the progress of the plane each quarter, but generally does not make comments on specific development issues.

Wall Street analysts and aviation bloggers accurately predicted the previous two delays on Boeing's 787, long before the company admitted to problems on the aircraft. (Reporting by Bill Rigby, editing by Dave Zimmerman)

Well, with Boeing losing out on the USAF tanker deal you would have thought that things couldn't get any worse ................. :D

More delays to come on Boeing's 787 - analyst

Fri Mar 7, 2008 9:34am

NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) probably won't deliver its first 787 Dreamliner until July next year at the earliest, a Goldman Sachs analyst said on Friday, potentially adding another six-month delay onto the troubled program, which is already nine months behind schedule.

Airlines are still enthusiastic about Boeing's new carbon-composite plane, which promises to cut fuel costs by 20 percent, but some are starting to show impatience with slow progress on the aircraft, which was originally set to enter service in May this year.

"We now think deliveries will start in the third quarter of 2009 versus the current 'early' 2009 target," wrote Goldman Sachs analyst Richard Safran in a report issued on Friday.

"Boeing continues to underestimate the amount of work required on the 787," said Safran, citing unnamed sources familiar with the program.

He said production problems on the first batch of 787s on Boeing's production line would delay turning the power on in the first plane, push back the first test flight and extend the amount of time Boeing needs to conduct full flight tests on the aircraft.

Representatives of the Boeing 787 program did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Boeing has been updating investors on the progress of the plane each quarter, but generally does not make comments on specific development issues.

Wall Street analysts and aviation bloggers accurately predicted the previous two delays on Boeing's 787, long before the company admitted to problems on the aircraft. (Reporting by Bill Rigby, editing by Dave Zimmerman)

Hmmm that's gonna be over 2 years late.....And once again I predicted 2 quarter 2009 for a delivery, and once again, it looks like Boeing won't meet that according to Goldman Sachs.

Stock price is taking a hit too, not to mention the double whammy of the economy being the shitz...

The Boeing Company

As of 4:11 PM ET on March 7, 2008

Last Prev. Close Day Range EPS Last Dividend Shares Outstanding

76.60 79.51 76.37 - 79.00 5.26 $0.40 764,833,000

Change % Change 52 Week Range Volume P/E Yield Market Cap

- 2.91 -3.66% 74.12 - 107.83 9,637,300 15.13 1.68 60,815,860,000

Edited by eltib

eltib,

It looks like they are going to get hammered by their own success in selling the aeroplane as opposed to actually building (never mind flying) it. Lots of compensation to lots of customers seems to be on the horizon.

Looks like they gloated about the A380's delays but didn't actually learn anything from it. :allright

If the analysts reports turn out to be accurate i would think that the top guys in the company need to be looking at their jobs ................ I don't think the markets will accept another sacrificial lamb.

Edited by CheshireTom
Looks like they gloated about the A380's delays but didn't actually learn anything from it. :sosad

Boeing learned not to relay on European suppliers that said they could do the work but couldn't. :ang2 Sort of reminds me of a "business consultant" on this forum.

If the analysts reports turn out to be accurate i would think that the top guys in the company need to be looking at their jobs ................ I don't think the markets will accept another sacrificial lamb.

Fuck! These guys at Boeing must be reading the forum. :ang2

Longtime Boeing exec leaves airplanes division

By Dominic Gates

The most senior executive overseeing airplane manufacturing at Boeing Commercial Airplanes is retiring, Boeing announced internally Friday.

Jim Jamieson, a Boeing senior vice president and chief operating officer, left the job Friday after 32 years at the company.

He will be 60 in July, five years shy of Boeing's mandatory retirement age for executives.

In September 2006, when Scott Carson came in as chief executive of Commercial Airplanes — a top jet salesman but not an engineer — Jamieson moved here from Chicago to bolster the technical side of management.

Edited by CheshireTom
Boeing learned not to relay on European suppliers that said they could do the work but couldn't. :ang2 Sort of reminds me of a "business consultant" on this forum.

They sure didn't learn anything about avoiding wiring problems, did they? :sosad

CHICAGO, March 8 (UPI) -- Boeing Co.'s 787 Dreamliner program could be headed for further delays, a Wall Street analyst warned.

The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday that a Goldman Sachs analyst warned in a research report Friday that Boeing may not turn on all of the plane's electrical systems for the first time until the end of June rather than the end of March.

"In our view, Boeing continues to underestimate the amount of work required on the 787," Goldman analyst Richard Safran wrote.

He said the plane's wiring problems have proven time-consuming and difficult to resolve, the newspaper reported

In September 2006, when Scott Carson came in as chief executive of Commercial Airplanes — a top jet salesman but not an engineer — Jamieson moved here from Chicago to bolster the technical side of management.

He sure did a good job didn't he? :ang2

Boeing learned not to relay on European suppliers that said they could do the work but couldn't. :sosad Sort of reminds me of a "business consultant" on this forum.

Big D, don't you mean "rely?" Whos the other consultants on this board besides you Mango and Scally? Oh I forgot Bigus Dicus. But he posts topics about politics.

Edited by eltib
He sure did a good job didn't he? :bigsmile:

Big D, don't you mean "rely?" Whos the other consultants on this board besides you Mango and Scally? Oh I forgot Bigus Dicus. But he posts topics about politics.

:clap2

Since the RR 1000 Trent engines are the only things that are on schedule in the 787 programme, I think you'll find that BigD was just making it up again.

If the analysts comments are correct then it will mean that power-on will be delayed beyond the original entry into service date. :clap2

Since the RR 1000 Trent engines are the only things that are on schedule in the 787 programme, I think you'll find that BigD was just making it up again.

If the analysts comments are correct then it will mean that power-on will be delayed beyond the original entry into service date.

I don't need to make up anything about the shit load of unfinished work that was shipped in from the Euro companies to Boeing. Once Boeing sent over competent American engineers and they put a foot up the butt of the EU engineers they started to send over a more completed product.

I don't need to make up anything about the shit load of unfinished work that was shipped in from the Euro companies to Boeing. Once Boeing sent over competent American engineers and they put a foot up the butt of the EU engineers they started to send over a more completed product.

That must be why the USAF went for a bunch of incompetent Euro engineers for its tanker programme.

As you told us before, it's a Boeing aeroplane and therefore a Boeing cock-up. :bigsmile:

As for being a more completed product ............. well, its still stuck on the ground the last I heard. :D