Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

Hey, eltib, I have no idea what ever gives you the right to making fun of me moving to Pattaya or not! :D

Not that it is your concern asshole, but after living for years in Bangkok I was moving down to Pattaya when my father died and I had to get back to Europe and the State to take care of his estate and a bundle of legal problems that have dragged out in time!

Since you don´t have any way of knowing anything about my personal reasons for having to postpone my move to Pattaya, I really can´t see your right to make flames like that in this case! :D

Believe me, if I had a choice I would go to LOS tomorrow instead of working my ass of here, but until the lawyers have settled this I can´t!

Think before you open your trap the next time! 2guns

Whilliam :moon

whilliam,

eltib never mentioned you ............ he was referring to stooge #1. :D

Hi,

Amybody who reads his posts are aware of how many talents he has!!! May I suggest a Nobel Prize for Literature(Fiction) for him? :D

One of my many talents is the ability to afford frequent trips to Pattaya. I'm in town now and heading over to Pattaya Pete's bar for a late lunch and a few beers.

If your dead set on recommending me for a Nobel Prize as well you should, :clap1 I suggest the Nobel Prize for Economics's as I've more money then you. :clap1

One of my many talents is the ability to afford frequent trips to Pattaya. I'm in town now and heading over to Pattaya Pete's bar for a late lunch and a few beers.

I think you'll find that the free somtam is meant for the girls. :clap1

Anyway, you should be out house hunting, shouldn't you? :D

Thank you CheshireTom for pointing that out and a huge excuse to you eltib, I am sorry that I misunderstood your comment, my mistake!

Whilliam :moon

No problem Whilliam. And Tom, thanx for clearing that up :hairout

If your dead set on recommending me for a Nobel Prize as well you should, :banghead I suggest the Nobel Prize for Economics's as I've more money then you. :bigsmile:

How about a ticket to Doo Dah parade in Pasadena :lol: Oh look it must be him, he's got a shuttle hat on.

DD_WillieShuttle.jpg

Tinkerbell drum Major

DD_Drum_Major-1.jpg

Edited by eltib
If your dead set on recommending me for a Nobel Prize as well you should,

Hi,

Enjoy your time there but I'm sure I've spent more in my time than you have. I dont hoard it.

And spending less time in the internet cafe.

Sky-Top offers FREE in room wired internet. I have no need for a internet café. BTW thanks for telling me how to spend my time in Pattaya since you no longer can afford to come here.

Sky-Top offers FREE in room wired internet. I have no need for a internet café. BTW thanks for telling me how to spend my time in Pattaya since you no longer can afford to come here.

Oh I can afford it now. I don't want to waste 48 hours to fly there and back, since I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year for the next 3 years. Just got in with the county IT dept. Did my drug test yesterday, and do my orientation tomorrow.

Glad I visited when I was at Boeing, It afforded me 4 weeks of vacation the last 4 years. But this county job will give me a BIG pension like you BigD. And I won't be 2.gif like you did.

Edited by eltib

Oh I can afford it now. I don't want to waste 48 hours to fly there and back, since I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year for the next 3 years. Just got in with the county IT dept. Did my drug test yesterday, and do my orientation tomorrow.

/quote]

Congratulation on your new job. :thumbup :wanker :bigsmile:

I think you'll find that the free somtam is meant for the girls. :clap1

Anyway, you should be out house hunting, shouldn't you? :D

Once you don't know what your talking about. According to Pattaya Pete the owner, free somtam is for everyone.

Hi,

Good to see Airbus expanding into a growth market in these difficult times.

Airbus launches Chinese plant

The aircraft manufacturer Airbus unveiled its first assembly plant outside Europe yesterday as it sought to make headway in the heavily targeted Chinese market.

By Richard Spencer, in Tianjin

Last Updated: 6:29PM BST 28 Sep 2008

A staff member in front of the new Airbus A320 under construction in Tianjin Photo: REUTERS

The venture, in the port city of Tianjin south east of Beijing, is working on its first A-320 aircraft, due for delivery to Sichuan Airlines in the middle of next year.

The company intends to increase production to four aircraft a month by 2011, a significant proportion of the sales it expects to make in China and around 10pc of total production.

But the plant’s launch, delayed until after the Olympics, comes at a bad time, with airline growth stalling even in China as the industry is hit by international economic turmoil.

The world’s biggest aircraft leasing company, ILFC, is currently looking for a buyer after its parent, the American insurance group AIG, had to be bailed out by the US government two weeks ago.

John Leahy, chief operating officer, said major Chinese airlines were finding financing more difficult as a result of the international credit crisis and tight controls this year on credit from the state-owned domestic banking system.

“The world financial markets are definitely tighter now than they were,” he said.

The decision to put an assembly plant in China is carefully calculated.

Unlike most “outsourcing”, initial costs will be higher than manufacturing at existing plants in Toulouse and Hamburg.

Additional costs are imposed by the high proportion of expatriate employees and the cost of training the Chinese employees from scratch, mostly in Europe.

However, Airbus feels that the added bonus of being close to the Chinese market, which favours such loyalty, will pay off.

All big three airlines operating from the Chinese mainland - Air China, China Southern and China Eastern - are state run.

Airbus estimates that China will buy 3,000 airliners in the next 20 years.

EVERETT, Wash., Sept. 27, 2008 -- Boeing [NYSE:BA] successfully completed a high-pressure test, known as "high blow," on the 787 Dreamliner static test airframe at its Everett factory today. The test is one of three static tests that must be cleared prior to first flight. During the test, the airframe reached an internal pressure of 150 percent of the maximum levels expected to be seen in service - 14.9 lbs. per square inch (1.05 kilograms per centimeter) gauge (psig). It took nearly two hours to complete the test, as pressure was slowly increased to ensure the integrity of the airplane.

"We had every confidence going into this test because of the extensive work we've done on larger and larger pieces of composite - from small coupons to fuselage sections," said Pat Shanahan, vice president and general manager of the 787 program. "Still, it's very rewarding to see a whole airplane being tested and having the results we expected.

"I am so proud of the team that has worked on this program and the progress we are making."

Will we see a news release on the "low blow" test conducted by Boeing Engineer's on soi 6. :wanker

Edited by BigDUSA

The nightmare continues :bigsmile:

TOKYO (Reuters) - Boeing Co said on Tuesday it would reassess its 787 Dreamliner delivery schedule for the Japanese market once an ongoing strike ends, raising concern that a prolonged production halt could further push back deliveries.

Japan's two biggest airlines -- Japan Airlines Corp (JAL) and All Nippon Airways (ANA) -- have already announced expected delays in receiving the 787 jets due to a strike by Boeing machinists that came on top of an 18-month delay in the shipment of the planes.

A prolonged strike by 27,000 machinists, who walked off the job on September 6, would seriously hurt 787 development and ripple through a global aerospace industry already strained by project costs, currency volatility and a faltering global economy.

"Frankly, we do not know when the strike will end," Randy J. Tinseth, vice president of Boeing's Commercial Airplanes division, told reporters in Tokyo.

"As soon as the strike does end, our operations will normalize... we then will be able to reassess our production, deliveries and program schedule for the 787 at that time."

Boeing has had a dominant presence in Japan, with the country's airlines having bought almost all their planes from the world's biggest-selling commercial aircraft maker.

Japan's second-largest carrier ANA is also the launch customer for the Dreamliner, a mid-sized long-haul twin-jet designed to save fuel, and will be the first to fly one.

The CEO of ANA got a 5-minute standing ovation from 15,000 Boeing employees when the 787 was rolled out in Seattle last July.

But because of the production delay, ANA is now expecting to receive its first 787 in August 2009 -- 15 months later than originally planned.

To cover its capacity needs until the 787 delivery, ANA is to introduce nine Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in the 2010 and 2011 business years.

JAL, one of Boeing's most loyal customers, also said last week that it agreed with Boeing to postpone the first 787 delivery for 14 months until October 2009 and introduce a total of 11 Boeing 777 and 767 aircraft to meet its capacity needs.

The 787 production delay also means a delay in a pay-back for partners involved in the program.

Boeing has teamed up with some Japanese manufacturers for the 787 project, with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Fuji Heavy Industries involved in the project.

Boeing Japan President Nicole Piasecki told reporters the 787 and other big manufacturing projects are complex and entail risks.

"At the end of the day this program has sold 900 aircraft. So we have every bit of confidence although the pay-back period will be longer," she said.

(Additional reporting by Tim Hepher in PARIS; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)

Looks like the strike is having an effect...... And until the strike ends they won't really know how much of a delay has been caused....

August 2009 for the first delivery is a deadline that is looking harder and harder to meet each passing day. The first Nightmareliner one still hasn't flown yet.

The nightmare continues :bigsmile:

Looks like the strike is having an effect...... And until the strike ends they won't really know how much of a delay has been caused....

August 2009 for the first delivery is a deadline that is looking harder and harder to meet each passing day. The first Nightmareliner one still hasn't flown yet.

They are pretty much saying that themselves now ...........

Boeing says strike risks delaying 787 test flight

9 hours ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — US plane maker Boeing raised doubts Tuesday that the first flight of its next-generation jet, the 787 Dreamliner, would take place as scheduled later this year because of a strike by machinists.

"If the strike is going on, we can't try the 787 at the end of the year like we planned. We need the full team on board," Boeing spokesman Tim Healy told AFP on Tuesday.

He refused to discuss the possibility of more delays to deliveries of the state-of-the-art aircraft, saying only that the company would assess the impact of the strike when it ended.

"Alas I can't tell you when this strike is going to end," he said.

Boeing's 27,000 machinists, who represent 16 percent of the company's workforce, went on strike on September 6 after the collapse of three-year contract talks.

The strike has forced Boeing to halt aircraft production and could be costing the US aerospace giant more than 100 million dollars per day, analysts say.

Who's going to get the 1,000th post then? :D

So much for BigD's attempt at a quick dig at the Euros. :D

One thing is for certain........ the 1000th post will happen before the Nightmareliner takes to the sky! :moon

Edited by TheFiend
One thing is for certain........ the 1000th post will happen before the Nightmareliner takes to the sky! :D

Not to worry. The Jocks will sort it out for them. :D

Lift off for Boeing's debut in Scotland

Published Date: 05 October 2008

By Terry Murden

BOEING, the US aircraft builder, is to invest in Scotland for the first time and is considering a manufacturing facility.

The company is sending a delegation to Glasgow this week, where executives will meet potential suppliers.

"The aim of the day is to discuss how and where Boeing can invest in the Scottish aerospace and hi-tech industries, both in terms of manufacturing and gaining new suppliers," said a spokesman.

"This would be the first time that Boeing has operated in Scotland, so it is an exciting opportunity for Boeing and for the companies concerned."

Not to worry. The Jocks will sort it out for them. :D

Lift off for Boeing's debut in Scotland

Published Date: 05 October 2008

By Terry Murden

BOEING, the US aircraft builder, is to invest in Scotland for the first time and is considering a manufacturing facility.

The company is sending a delegation to Glasgow this week, where executives will meet potential suppliers.

"The aim of the day is to discuss how and where Boeing can invest in the Scottish aerospace and hi-tech industries, both in terms of manufacturing and gaining new suppliers," said a spokesman.

"This would be the first time that Boeing has operated in Scotland, so it is an exciting opportunity for Boeing and for the companies concerned."

Maybe Boeing wants to get some of those so called nasty subsidies that Airbus enjoys.