Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Me and the wife r going to stay 2 night in Bangkok during July but we dont know where to stay. Last Summer we stayed in the Bel-Air Princess on Soi5 and found the hotel ok, good location cause we liked Gullivers and also a few beers in the bars around Nana Plaza. This year we r thinking of staying somewhere else but obviously within walking distance to Gullivers and Nana - Have been looking at Majestic Grande but dont know how far of a walk that is to the 2 places mentioned above (Gullivers, nana) - Seen the pictures of the Grande Deluxe rooms in the Majestic Grande and they look impressive. Prob looking to spend maximum of 3500baht a night

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

probably majestic suites, nicer then the Nana Hotel and crawling distance to everything you want. the new look dynasty might be ok but i havent seen it.

should get something very nice on your budget. enjoy!

oh for bars, i really liked the bamboo bar opposite the grace hotel on soi 3. good house band and atmosphere. the missus would be comfortable there.

Edited by ozijeff

DYNASTY INN GRANDE

Great new hotel in good location (located on small soi running between soi 4 and 6) walking distance to Nana Plaza, Gullivers and Nana skytrain stop.

I stayed when just opened (June 2006) and paid 1800 baht promotional rate, I think the rate is now 2200 or thereabouts. Breakfast is extra, but plenty of choice nearby if you don't want to eat in hotel.

Now my hotel of choice when staying in Bangkok. :clap2

Try the Woraburi Hotel within walking distance Nana etc.

Approx 1200 baht for standard room including large buffet breakfast.

Small roof top pool.

Chivas

I stayed at the Majestic Grande and would thoroughly recomend it, It is an excellent hotel with a touch of luxury for quite reasonable rates. It is close to the Nana area, I cant remember the name of the street (soi) facing the front entrance, but you just walk up it and turn left, and a short stroll takes you up to the Nana etc.

You might also want to try Priceline. 5-star hotels on Sukhumvit ... namely the Marriott, Sheraton, or Westin ... can be had for ~$100US. All are nice options than those previously listed, all are guest friendly, and all are great hotels in good locations.

For Priceline tips and bid histories, check out bidding for travel. The site is run by a real bitch, but has good info.

Have stayed in HH but not at HHH :cry2

Hilton is right on the beach and in the centre of town.

Has a disco called Hua Hin Brewing company or similar, very popular disco for FLs.

Will second the recommendations for both Majestic Grande and Majestic suites. Cannot beat the location for either one for getting to Nana.

Majestic Grande is on the back end of Soi 2 and near the alley/parking lot that runs by the Rajah hotel and Annie's Massage. Pretty much as easy of a walk to Nana as Majestic suites. I personally liked being nearer Sukhumvit for getting to the Skytrain, but it is not a bad walk even then and you can usually cut through the Ploenchit Center mall to get a bit of aircon. Room fittings was much nicer than Majestic Suites although the same hard thai-style bed. Internet worked pretty well.

Majestic Grande is a good choice. Only thing I could find wrong with it is the swimming pool is a bit cool as the pool is in the shadow of the J W Marriott. It is less than 2 blocks from Nana Plaza and easy walking distance to Gullivers

• 2 weeks later...

Majestic Grande for up to 3500 THB. I'd say it's about 45-50 meters to Nana and and about 60 or so meters on Soi 2 to Sukhumvit. Gulliver's is quite a ways in from Sukhumvit, but you should still be able to walk down Soi 5 from Majestic Grande to Gulliver's within 15-20 minutes depending how fast you walk. :bigsmile:

Makavelli,

Have you thought of Fortuna, just across the road from Gullivers.

I first stayed there in mid 1980's and have a peak at it each time I stroll past

going to gullivers.

Its refurbished etc, gone a bit upmarket, probably around B1,500- B1,800.

Think they market themselves for business people, guess that can mean anything.

I liked it when I stayed there. It looks very nice now walking past.

http://www.fortunabangkok.com/