Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Up for sale

Hi everyone,

I was speaking to a good mate of mine who owns Spicy girls go go in Soi Pattayaland and he informs me that he is putting the place on the market for 5million o.n.o.

Dont know if any of the board members will be interested or not, just thought I should divulge the information to u all.

Cheers everyone.

Excuse me if this is naive, but why would anyone have to pay more than the sum of the parts?

"How much do these used chairs cost, licquor inventory, used appliances, etc "

5,000,000 baht would easily cover starting from (used) scratch.

Wouldn't it?

Excuse me if this is naive, but why would anyone have to pay more than the sum of the parts?

"How much do these used chairs cost, licquor inventory, used appliances, etc "

5,000,000 baht would easily cover starting from (used) scratch.

Wouldn't it?

"goodwill."

for example, places like Eden club in Bangkok are worth more than the sum of their parts (though often when a new owner steps in someplace like that, he runs it to the ground and destroys all the goodwill he's purchased), because the name and reputation alone will generate business for years.

but i'm not sure why anybody would pay 5M for an unknown gogo on a street that's quickly becoming an annex to boystown.

Edited by fountainhead

I wouldn't say it's unknown but to be fair I can't remember anyone saying it's their favourite either.

Bet it's tough times in there for it to be for sale.

I reckon one of the well known Go go lot could make a go of it there though.

but i'm not sure why anybody would pay 5M for an unknown gogo on a street that's quickly becoming an annex to boystown.

You answered your own question. I bet some of the straight GoGo owners wished their business was as healthy as some of the Boyztown clubs.

"goodwill."

for example, places like Eden club in Bangkok are worth more than the sum of their parts (though often when a new owner steps in someplace like that, he runs it to the ground and destroys all the goodwill he's purchased), because the name and reputation alone will generate business for years.

They lost my goodwill when they pulled the "Members' Only" bullshit on me some time ago.

Once it's been sold, I'll try again but not until.

Alan

Can't remember the man's name for sure, but think it it Ian. Anyway, he was part owner from the get go and sold off his half several months ago. So, now the entire club is selling as I under it is owned by two people?

Spicy is in a bad location. It is an isolated go-go on that party of the Soi. And, true that the Soi now has a lot of boy's clubs on it.

As far as worth, I've been in Spicy's and I think 5M is way overboard for the price.

I wouldn't even buy it for half of that because of it's location.

An expanding Boyztown is eroding whatever Pattayaland had left in terms of attractions. Overpriced, rip offs are endemic and deliberate. Only reason to visit there is for the Shamrock, Sugar Shack and the restaurant whose name escapes me. Even the once good New Orleans is now overpriced with reduced quality.

• 1 month later...