Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Whenever I fly into Thailand, I always just use the taxi service at the airport. I can get them down to 1,800 baht for the trip. I know it is 600 baht more than Toom, but the extra money for me is well worth not having to worry about his driver showing up or not.

If there is one thing you can count on at the airport, it's that there will always be plenty of taxi's wanting your business.

I know what your saying but Mr Tooms pre booked is good, a couple of emails and its booked, walk out of customs and the man is there with your name on a sign, he takes your bag and walks you to the car park,

your in and off and running, he asks if you want to stop half way for a drink break, no hassle whatever.

And all this for 1200 baht including tolls, what more can you ask, Mr Toom for me again this Xmas

Whenever I fly into Thailand, I always just use the taxi service at the airport. I can get them down to 1,800 baht for the trip. I know it is 600 baht more than Toom, but the extra money for me is well worth not having to worry about his driver showing up or not.

If there is one thing you can count on at the airport, it's that there will always be plenty of taxi's wanting your business.

Why not go head and book with someone like Mr. Toom, and if the driver is not there when you arrive you can always deal with the taxi's on hand.

Why through away 600 bath, if you don't need to. :allright

Why not go head and book with someone like Mr. Toom, and if the driver is not there when you arrive you can always deal with the taxi's on hand.

Why through away 600 bath, if you don't need to. :unsure:

I guess I am not so poor that I don't worry about a measely 600 baht. I don't understand how some of you have any fun in Thailand? If you have to holiday on a strict budget, it can't be much fun?

I guess I am not so poor that I don't worry about a measely 600 baht. I don't understand how some of you have any fun in Thailand? If you have to holiday on a strict budget, it can't be much fun?

Reading through the Mr tooms recommendation posts (a service incidently I also always use) I can see absolutely no reason for your ignorant comments regarding saving 600 bht.I would say that all the members here that use his service do so because of his excellent reputation,over a long period of time!

BTW with that "Measly" 600 bht I save I have a dozen Ice-cold beers in a cooly bin waiting for me on arrival,just another friendly service you don't get from your over the top airport mafia taxi non-service! :clueless :D :allright

Well the service I use only costs me 1100 so I'm saving 700. Its not only the savings but I have a guy waiting for me outside the customs area who helps me with my luggage to the vehicle and I don't have to spend any time looking for a taxi and filling out any paperwork. In the past when I used Thai Limo at the old airport I sometimes had to wait 15 minutes for the driver to arrive.

Well the service I use only costs me 1100 so I'm saving 700. Its not only the savings but I have a guy waiting for me outside the customs area who helps me with my luggage to the vehicle and I don't have to spend any time looking for a taxi and filling out any paperwork. In the past when I used Thai Limo at the old airport I sometimes had to wait 15 minutes for the driver to arrive.

I always used that waiting time to my advantage. I would get the taxi lined up, then hit the bog for a good shit, then go and get me some beer to tide me over until the half way stop at the rest area on the motorway. By the time I was finished, my bags were loaded into the car, and the driver was ready to leave.

Why are you guys in such a hurry all the time? Relax, you are on vacation. I know you are all jittery from the lack of coochy you get back home and all. But it's only a couple hours a way once you have landed.

Why are you guys in such a hurry all the time? Relax, you are on vacation. I know you are all jittery from the lack of coochy you get back home and all. But it's only a couple hours a way once you have landed.

It's not all about the lack of coochy but more like i want to be in my hotelroom as quickly as posible. Go for a SSS after a long and exhausting flight.

Mr. Toom's drivers are very good, they drive safe, stop for beer and 1200 baht is a nice price.

Even if i had money enough (as you put it) i would still use Mr. Toom,s service.

600 baht difference is 6 LD's i can by for the girls. :clap1

Edited by nemesea
It's not all about the lack of coochy but more like i want to be in my hotelroom as quickly as posible. Go for a SSS after a long and exhausting flight.

Mr. Toom's drivers are very good, they drive safe, stop for beer and 1200 baht is a nice price.

Even if i had money enough (as you put it) i would still use Mr. Toom,s service.

600 baht difference is 6 LD's i can by for the girls. :clap1

Do yoy think Toom would have insurance that would cover all your medical bills should his driver have an accident with you in the car? I highly doubt they have anything more than collision coverage.

However, that tedious paperwork that you fill out at the airport is mostly for insurance purposes. I would rather know that in case of an emergency, the driver wont take a runner or the company wont say "good luck fucker" as you are laying in the hospital.

Edited by Nitram
However, that tedious paperwork that you fill out at the airport is mostly for insurance purposes. I would rather know that in case of an emergency, the driver wont take a runner or the company wont say "good luck fucker" as you are laying in the hospital.

can you GUARANTEE that your driver will not do that, ???

I like Mr Tooms service and i like to reward people who come to a non thai forum to advertise their business.

Good luck to him

I always used that waiting time to my advantage. I would get the taxi lined up, then hit the bog for a good shit, then go and get me some beer to tide me over until the half way stop at the rest area on the motorway. By the time I was finished, my bags were loaded into the car, and the driver was ready to leave.

So reading your post,may we assume that you leave your luggage unattended or in the SAFE hands of a stranger at the airport whilst you go for a shit etc,and return to find it safe and loaded into your splendid transport.Never happen pull the other one it's got bells on,wouldn't even do this in a coutry supposedly "Honest" never mind Thailand! :clap1 <grin :bow :D :D

Do yoy think Toom would have insurance that would cover all your medical bills should his driver have an accident with you in the car? I highly doubt they have anything more than collision coverage.

As many of us i travel with a travelinsurance that will cover the hospital costs.

Above that i have my normal health insurance that will cover the costs (happened to me twice).

Don't need to have a triple insurance cover.

But then again

It's all "up to you" <grin

So reading your post,may we assume that you leave your luggage unattended or in the SAFE hands of a stranger at the airport whilst you go for a shit etc,and return to find it safe and loaded into your splendid transport.Never happen pull the other one it's got bells on,wouldn't even do this in a coutry supposedly "Honest" never mind Thailand! :a2m :grin-jump :bs :bs :bs

Yes I do leave my bags with the people at the taxi stand. I am not talking about the hawkers, I am talking about the taxi service provided by the airport. Up to you again. I don't think I could fit all my luggage in the little stall, and still have room to sit on the bog.

Hi,

First post.

Why all the heated discussions, it is just a taxi ride anyway. Hell we are going to the greatest city on the planet!!

Cannot wait, three weeks!!!

I want a Limo with a girl holding a cold beer in her hands, any suggestions?

btw Been working for 9 months straight 12 hours a day, 7 days a week in fucking Baghdad so, yes, it has been that long and I am READY!

crazedchef

looking forward to :D :banghead :banghead :banghead

You mean you really want a limo or just a 4 door car ?

Hi,

Actually I do not really care. I just need a BREAK! Not kidding about that timeframe, I am worn out. Sick of dodging mortars.

It would be nice to have a :bj2 on the way to Pattaya. But I really do not care as long as I can get to Pattaya and go aaaaahhhhhh..................... :poke

No more :bigsmile: .

Thanks for the reply. I like this place, can hardly wait to go to the members only section.

crazedchef

Hi,

Actually I do not really care. I just need a BREAK! Not kidding about that timeframe, I am worn out. Sick of dodging mortars.

It would be nice to have a :bj2 on the way to Pattaya. But I really do not care as long as I can get to Pattaya and go aaaaahhhhhh..................... :D

No more :D .

Thanks for the reply. I like this place, can hardly wait to go to the members only section.

crazedchef

Contact the Penthouse Hotel. They provide a limo service that also provides 1 or 2 girls to help you with your trip. Champagne as well.