Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flying on TG up to Udon Thani

Im intending to fly to Udon Thani this July. have done a dummy booking on the thai website and fares are 3140 baht in coach and 4140 in biz class.

Are they likely to be cheaper from a bkk travelagent. i want a fare that earns points on TG and am just wondering wether they are likely to be cheaper on the street.

thanks floyd.

Try looking at Air Asia and Nok Air.

I just had a look at Air Asia and you can get flights for 299 baht each way

Depart

Sun 01 Jul 2007 - Bangkok(BKK) to Udon Thani(UTH) Flight Departs Arrives Passenger Fare Type

FD 3364 1615 (BKK) 1715 (UTH)

Adult

299.00 THB O FARE

Return

Sat 07 Jul 2007 - Udon Thani(UTH) to Bangkok(BKK) Flight Departs Arrives Passenger Fare Type

FD 3365 1740 (UTH) 1840 (BKK)

Adult

299.00 THB O

With taxes Total Package Price1,870.36 THB

Edited by thegrogmonster

I want to fly TG to earn points as my gold status evaluation is up this november so my original question is "would it be cheaper to buy on the street in thailand than thru their website".

P.S. I notice the flight originates from Don Maung.

Can you really get points for flying your TG? Or do you mean that you would fly together, and the only way to earn points is to fly together? I doubt you'll find a better price on the streets and, if you did, that fare class might not qualify to earn miles.

Well, there must be a cheaper way to get points. That's a huge price difference for such a small quality difference (on such a short flight, who cares). I couldn't justify it, but maybe you are much richer than I am. :bigsmile:

By the way, I've noticed that some Thai girls have never flown and are afraid of it. Maybe she'd be happier taking a bus?

after writing this this morn, have thought nokair will be better at only 300-600 baht.

and you are right for little points differential,

I book from Bangkok to Ubon using Air Asia on line. If you avoid Mondays and Fridays and a week or so in advance they are pretty cheap. Be aware of the come on fares, such as 299 Baht, as they tack on a significant fuel charge and taxes.

Still, the cheapest I have found.

I don't think TG domestic flights are cheaper from travel agents. But I could be wrong. I would go with the web site booking, but not without calling UA to find out which TG fare codes get full EQM (elite qualifying miles).

went in Feb on Thai Air from BKK and apid £28 or 1960 b each way. You get FF Miles but only 500 per journey. They do cheaper deals on Thai but only down to c 1750 baht one way I think.

My domestic Thai airline of chioce is Nok in business class for an extra 500 Baht each way. Bloody good airline IMHO. The air miles you get with Thai are pretty worthles on the domestic routes and as Udon is only a 1 hour flight, paying the extra to get the Thai air miles is not economical unless you are that close to gold status that the 1000 miles or so makes a real difference.

Edited by HILLY
  • 2 weeks later...
thanks guys. prob going to book this week with nokair.

I booked Nok for my upcoming trip to Udon.

Came out to 2650bht all in R/T after the various taxes and fees.

One downside is Nok no longer offers Nok Plus on the Udon route.