Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• 2 weeks later...

Of my normally biannual visits to Patts, I stay at the QV every other visit. The reason for this is that I get this notion in my head that there is something better for the value and try something different. I always end up coming back to the QV. Vic is a great host, and constantly seeks your thoughts or opinions on your stay (he once asked me to sample a few of his new chili dogs, to see if they would meet american standards).

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I dont like about staying at the QV, is the ladyboy gauntlet on Soi 6/1. But this has nothing to do with the establishment itself.

I've stayed in the QV several times now, latest being in April just before Songkhran, and think it is really good value. Vic's a great host, rooms are spotless, and I like the new rooms with the full bathrooms. My only complaint is the water pressure is so weak that the new shower would hardly even work in one of them, and the wooden bed in one room, I think #14 if memory serves me correctly, squeaked so bad whilst romping that I thought we'd wake up the rest of the guests in the hotel - had to turn ourselves around sideways on the bed to quieten it a little....

• 4 weeks later...
Is the food pretty good?

I like the fish & chips and Sunday carvery. Eat there fairly regularly.

I stayed at the Vic for the first part of my recent trip.

I can't say enough good things about Fig and his hotel.

We asked Fig to have his new mini van pick us up at the airport. The van was very luxurious. Once we arrived at the hotel we sat down to have a drink while the lovely waitresses prepared our paperwork for the rooms. They never missed a beat the entire time we were there.

The food was excellelant and a great value.

Vic took time out each day he saw us to check and see if there was any thing we needed. He also provided many tips to for getting out and about.

I can't recommend the balcony rooms enough. We had a blast filling balloons with candy and baht then throwing them off the balcony to watch the girls go crazy down below.

To sum it up it was a great hotel at a great price. I am definitely looking forward to staying there on my next trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from my 4th stay there in 2 years...... it just gets better everytime. :thumbup

Impressed by the new toilets by the pool room, certainly a lot less cramped then the originals.

Will be booking my 5th stay there for next June.

started this post and now im heading my back for my sec trip to the queen vic....this time i have

7 in my group and all are staying at the vic anywhere from 8 days to some full two weeks...

there is no where in pattaya u get such a deal for the price than the vic....

and what a awsome host vic and all his staff are....be there little over two weeks from now

• 3 months later...
Did they ask for 2 nights of deposit for the reservation from you guys too? I said no and they said that all the rooms are -all of a sudden- booked in response.

2 nights deposit, what's that - about 25 quid? Try and book a hotel anywhere in the world and you will have to pay a bigger deposit first then the balance weeks before you arrive. Stay in a UK hotel for less than 10 pounds a night - you got to be joking. Anyway, you couldn't find a hotel in the UK with the same facilities as Soi 6.

It's only a problem if you aren't intending turning up. Look at it from the hotel's point of view, they take a booking from you for one week, turn down someone else for one month on the strength of your week's booking, then you don't turn up. They aren't a charity.

I'm booked into the QV in three weeks, and when I booked, Vic required 4 nights deposit. True, it's non-refundable, but it means the first $100US of my stay is paid and out of the way, and what I got in return was a quick confirmation / receipt that included full details all the way down to which room I'd be staying in. As noted above, the deposit is only a problem if you plan on blowing off the reservation. I've heard from more than a few hotel and room owners in Patts that the mongers given to making reservations at multiple properties, evidently only deciding on a winner while collecting their baggage at the airport, is a huge problem. I've no problem believing that's true and that it's the reason why we're seeing more and more properties asking for some sort of security deposit, as is the norm in most of the rest of the world.

Given that we're paying extremely reasonable prices (some might say ridiculously low prices) for a roof over our head and a bed beneath our libidinous bodies, honoring a reservation with an innkeeper trying to make a go of it at $20 - 40US a night doesn't seem like too much to ask (IMHO). Many, if not most of us have been to Patts multiple times and know where we like to stay. What's so wrong with making a decision a few weeks ahead of time and confirming it with a deposit or guarantee? When wanting to try a new property of which we might not be sure if we'll be happy and just can't bring ourselves to take the chance, perhaps we should opt for a reservation of a couple of nights or so and go from there.

I know a lot of the world would label us a tribe with commitment problems :D , but there's no need to extend that to hotel accommodations, is there?

~ Pen

Edited by PenName