Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi and Hello :D

I live up in Korat but it is nigh on impossible to get much farang food up here and sometimes my stomache craves other than Thai food.

Can anyone tell me where I will be able to get British sausage, bacon, cheese and pies from?. I had heard that a Yorkshire guy had a shop in Pattaya and makes sausage?

I live up in Korat but it is nigh on impossible to get much farang food up here and sometimes my stomache craves other than Thai food.

If you get to Bangkok drop by Villa Supermarket on Sukhumvit between Soi 33 and 35. You can pick up all that stuff at one place, with a choice of what brands on each one. Most of the pies and most of the sausages are frozen, so you might want to bring some newspapers along and ask for some dry ice - Villa has that.

Failing that, you'll have to shop around. But most supermarkets have a couple of ordinary Cheddars, usually Strine and very tasty. Usually they have bacon. You might get some dinky ordinary breakfast sausages, VERY ordinary but probably you'll like them if you haven't seen any for a while, they're edible I think.

Pies, go to a pub and have a chat with the manager on taking out "raw" ones, that'd be my first suggestion on that. Custom butchers, special sausages, I'll leave to others, English sausage's not my thing.

If you get to Bangkok drop by Villa Supermarket on Sukhumvit between Soi 33 and 35. You can pick up all that stuff at one place, with a choice of what brands on each one. Most of the pies and most of the sausages are frozen, so you might want to bring some newspapers along and ask for some dry ice - Villa has that.

Failing that, you'll have to shop around. But most supermarkets have a couple of ordinary Cheddars, usually Strine and very tasty. Usually they have bacon. You might get some dinky ordinary breakfast sausages, VERY ordinary but probably you'll like them if you haven't seen any for a while, they're edible I think.

Pies, go to a pub and have a chat with the manager on taking out "raw" ones, that'd be my first suggestion on that. Custom butchers, special sausages, I'll leave to others, English sausage's not my thing.

Thanks for that I will give it a try the next time I get to Bangkok <grin

• 1 month later...
Hi and Hello <huh

Can anyone tell me where I will be able to get British sausage, bacon, cheese and pies from?. I had heard that a Yorkshire guy had a shop in Pattaya and makes sausage?

I think the place that you are looking for is Yorkies Platter in Jomtien, it's a Restaurant but also a English type butchers shop. The bloke is an expat butcher from yorkshire they have sausage, proper back bacon, pies, and stuff, i can't remember the nearest Soi number, but i do recall there was a sea food Restaurant nearby called Nang Nual. PS it is on the sea front.

I think the place that you are looking for is Yorkies Platter in Jomtien, it's a Restaurant but also a English type butchers shop. The bloke is an expat butcher from yorkshire they have sausage, proper back bacon, pies, and stuff, i can't remember the nearest Soi number, but i do recall there was a sea food Restaurant nearby called Nang Nual. PS it is on the sea front.

It is on Jomtien Beach Road, 30 metres after the Chaiyapruek Police Box, next to a 7-Eleven and just before Nang Nual Restaurant. A bright green and orange awning and similar coloured signage makes it easy to spot.

Yorkies is pretty good but I get my bacon and sausages from Food Mart next to View Talay condos, They have the Yorkies range with execellent pork sausages and loin bacon. This saves the slog up to Jomtien.

• 2 months later...

Gregg's Kitchen on 2nd Road near soi 6 has what your looking for. He makes his own pies.

We talk about differing cultures, but food is one of the defining differences. I know, while working at an airport in the transit baggage area, I have seen curry, dried Bat, fish that made us heave from Vietnam, giant snails....... all going to the States and Canada. There is nothing like your'e own grub- except Ale that is. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

• 1 month later...