Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 249 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hi guys

i reccomend the pie stall on beach road

inbetween soi 7 and 8

all kinds of pies

steak

cheese

meat and tatters

also i used pats pies on 3rd road last time but i dont know if its

still going

they also do a nice egg bacon roll

happy eating

steve

Guest Fatboyfat
I tried that place as a few people had posted good things about it but personally I thought the food was disgusting - I threw it in the bin after a couple of bites.

Agreed... the pasties I found looked good, but were disgusting and the pastry was very stodgy and sweet ! :D

A simple dish that is so hard to get right in the UK let alone Thailand. IMHO I've found that Jack Tar bar on Soi 6/Yodsak makes the best effort on the delicacy in Pattaya. :bigsmile: <huh

Edited by Fatboyfat

'Tis a shame. 6-9 months ago they were excellent. Their Cornish were good as were the Meat and Potato as well as my personal favourite of theirs, the Cheese and Onion.

The quality has indubitably delcined though. I'm guessing that either they are using cheaper products, have someone else making them or, most likely, they tried like fuck when they first started but have since lost interest.

I'd have one (of some variety or other) a week a while back and take it home, warm it up in the oven and make the chips, mushies and gravy to go with it because they were the best pies in Pattaya for a while.

Sadly, they ain't now.

Cheers

Pie

The quality has indubitably delcined though. I'm guessing that either they are using cheaper products, have someone else making them or, most likely, they tried like fuck when they first started but have since lost interest.

Agreed. I used to go there and grab a chicken and mushroom or steak and mushroom pie regularly, but I stopped going there about 3 months ago because the pies just didn't taste good, and they were stingy with the sauce.

• 2 weeks later...
'Tis a shame. 6-9 months ago they were excellent. Their Cornish were good as were the Meat and Potato as well as my personal favourite of theirs, the Cheese and Onion.

I'd have one (of some variety or other) a week a while back and take it home, warm it up in the oven and make the chips, mushies and gravy to go with it because they were the best pies in Pattaya for a while.

Sadly, they ain't now.

Cheers

Pie

And how the fuck would you know ?

If I call myself pussyman am I an expert in ..............................

• 1 month later...

for pies i recomend the bakers oven on soi neun plab wan, just over the railway bridge about 20yds on the right turn at the 7/11 on the corner and its about40yds up on the left

I have had a sausage roll and a meat pie from the kiosk between 7 and 8 on Beach Road, pretty disappointed. They look better than they taste, also microwaved so the pastry is soggy.

If you are thereabouts, have a beer at We Are The World bar,only 45 baht, Lisa is a great singer and show woman(not that kind of show you pervs)

• 1 month later...

I'm a vegetarian, so i was very pleased to see the 'Cheese n Onion' pastie there.Bit pricey, but big size so what the heck...................................disgusting, 3 bites was my limit.

I remember trying a 'cheese n Onion' pie dinner at a pricey place in Phuket a couple of years ago.The pie was tiny, dense and very very solid.Tough to cut, even tougher to bite.Nightmare.

Even a dodgy cheese n onion Hollands Pie would be a godsend here. :cry2

Best quality option here for vegetarians IMO is Foodlands Bakery's 'Swiss Cheese Quiche', for pie-like quality........................and the Mushroom Puffs at S&P aren't too bad either. <huh

There is another pie sellers on Soi Buakhao, which is also shite. Its right at the top of Soi Diana and turn right. I had a pastie there the other day and it was terrible, cannot descibe how bad it was AND it was 80 b. I ditched it and went straight up the road to grab a whole spit roast chicken for the lady opposite Dres BAr which was absolutely lovely and only 110 b. far better tucker my friends.