Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

help qatar privilege card 10kg extra

After reading on this forum I joined Qatar airways frequent flyer program as a benefit for joining was an additional 10kg allowance.

I booked my flights giving my member number, but the e ticket only shows standard 20KG allowance.

I have emailed qatar airways several times with no reply.

I called a uk qatar office and the guy said it only applied after the first return flight?

Can any privilege member confirm this benefit is on first flight.

I was told it was ok on my first flight but I did have my card with me at checkin.Just show the girl or guy your card when you check in at the airport .

Edited by sinbinjack

Funnily enough I was just on Qatar Airlines webpage pricing a roundtrip business class flight for late April.

If I originate in Thailand, 67,000 baht + taxes.

If I originate in Manchester £3900.....

Some pricing differential that!

Your ticket will only show the baggage allowance for whatever class you're booked in (20 kg in economy) for the simple reason that your card could have expired (or you could have attained the next level) by the time you fly.

As for membership ..... The membership rules changed earlier this year to a Qpoint system to determine your membership level and Qmiles to redeem for free flights/upgrades. What you will have received so far is a temporary card.

When you make your first return flight (presumably UK-BKK return) you will accumulate 80 Qpoints and 13K+ Qmiles. It is the Qpoints that you earn that will gain you Burgundy membership (You need to accumulate 50 Qpoints in a calendar year to attain and retain Burgundy membership).

It is only after you have attained Burgundy membership that you will then be entitled to the benefit of 10kg additional baggage allowance.

Edited by CheshireTom

Thanks for all your replies.

CheshireTom, I was able to confirm today what you said is correct.

I think it is a bit is a little decieving that this offer of extra baggage allowance is made by Qatar airways on recorded messages on the phone and website but no mention of conditions are made.

I am just glad I didn`t turn up and get hit with a large excess baggage bill.

Also be aware that there is no automatic allowance for sports kit. I always take scuba kit and have never had problems with other carriers (Usually a phone call is ok). With Qatar you have to apply. I await their decision.

:D :gulp

I got a phone call yesterday confirming additional 10kg allowance for my sports kit. This is provided on an individual basis after they received my email request.

Just for BM`s information.

:D