Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 322 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

My intention is to drop anchor in Khorat City for an extended period of time (6 months) and would be interested in other BM experiences of the citys nightlife etc.

I am a member of the the koratfarang forum but getting information from the members is similar to getting blood from a stone-maybe they want to keep all the action to themselves ??

Any suggestions about apartment rental would be appreciated likewise.

Chivas

right next to the mall is a new (1 year old) apartment building. I watched as they were building it and it seemed nice. supposed to be 4000 baht a month. Good location seem ther are always some girls at the mall looking for farangs. About 1000 meters down the street towards the downtown there is on the south side of the street there is the ratchaphruk hotel. They have a disco there and there are a lot of chick looking for farangs. If you are buy the hotel sima thani on hwy2 you are close to a issan nightclub. sima thani is on the north side directly across hwy 2 south side there is sala dang night club. Lots of hotties go there. In the same comlex there is also suppose to be a soapie massage. Heading north towards khon khean there is is a hotel and soapie paladin on the east side of the road about 2 klick north of the downtown. Also many of the restuarants on hwy 2 as you head into town have sing a song girls. If you hit the right place the girls are good to go for a short time. I will be hitting there is a couple of weeks I'll try to make sure I get better details.

I have stayed in Nakhon Ratchasima quite a few times. I don't rate it as a fun place for farangs. If you are a younger person you might do well with the university girls at the discos... that noisy effort at the Rachapruk Hotel might be a good starting point. It is also a good reason not to stay at the hotel. At the back of said hotel there is a soapy and a couple of little Karaoke places. Girls don't speak much English there.

I heard a GO-GO bar had opened there a while back, and there was some sort of girlie club opposite 'The Pizza Shop'.

My GF is from there and would dearly love to move back, I would rather not. After going to the Zoo and Pimai I was bored daft.

Chivas,

I just spent close to 3 months there from The beginning of March 2007- the end of May 2007. I had a studio apartment near the goverment building near "Klang mai" which ran me 6000b a month, but it had a "kitchen" unit......I'd rather spend my money in Pattaya or BKK, Korat is boring in my opinion, but if you need any more info let me know and I'll get ya something written up, just pm me.

Later

travlling :o

I'm also a member of koratfarang.com and the reason you're not getting much results from members is because there's not much to do there! If you're looking for girlie type action you're much better off staying in Bangkok or Pattaya. Most farangs that live in Korat have families and do their partying in those cities as well. Now if you want a cool little beer bar, down on the lower floor of the mall they have a great place to sit and drink but thats about all you'll do. I can tell you of a few places that were mentioned above but the chances of finding p4p is not even close to being on the same scale and English is spoken very little. I was at the country bar across from the farang hotel a few times and both times I were there drunk Thai guys wanted to fight with me. I loved living in Korat but I have a family so it was just living life away from the party scene. Unless you have a strong reason for living there I would reconsider, a visit for a few days or maybe a week but you will get bored real easy.