Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fares from UK in Feb.

Im going to Patts in Feb, so spent an hour or two yesterday looking for prices. Seems to be the best deal I can get is Eva for 460 pounds (cant get the pound sign to work on my keyboard sorry!). Only trouble is , I have 32,000 ish miles with them.On that fare I cant get an upgrade ( as I have 32,000 miles I could have got an up-grade from economy to elite for 20,000).

So I phoned around, got a fare on eva for 485 (on a ticket I could have used to up-grade with!) , only trouble was , as i was about to pay, the guy said oh sorry its an H class ticket , so no mileage accrual and no upgrade facility.- so I didnt bother. I also could have had thai for 520, but i prefer eva economy to thais anyway

So now Im not sure what to do! Do I book now ? or wait a little longer, and see if I can get a better deal on Eva? (at least then I could use up my 32,000 miles which expire next year anyway!). or shall I bite the bullet and book the fare on eva for 460? As Eva are using jumbos again from December, I d really like to go with them and use my miles to up-grade to elite class! The prices on elite are in the 800s, so I dont want to pay that much!

Ok! moan over, if anybody knows of any good deals on eva or thai let me know! or any business class fares really cheap! Roll on February!

• 4 weeks later...

Used Eva earlier this year on a "h" class ticket and no mileage, but was able to upgrade to Elite using 20,000 miles on inbound sector.

Check with airline direct.

Chivas

Iwill be there my self in february 2008 i payed 488 whith emirates have a nise trip i will be staying at kleinvlaanderen hotel pattaya

That's a good price for Emirates.

Which UK airport are you flying from and on what date?

marley

Don't forget the 20K that the upgrade is only a one way upgrade.

As chivas said, with H class no miles but you have cheap fare and should be able to upgrade one way with a bit of luck.

The elite cabin always seems very popular, I think they have a lot of farang couples from Trailfinders etc

The whole idea of FF miles is so you do not butterfly to another airline, maybe the TGs should do the same :D

Try "Travelbag" in your search engine. I booked with them £386 to Bangkok with Royal Jordanian Airlines. Budget only of course but I am a Cheap Charlie.

I may be wrong but think this the only Arab air line in which no alcohole allowed on flights :D

I may be wrong but think this the only Arab air line in which no alcohole allowed on flights :D

flown with rj twice and always alcohol available,would use them again no problem,no entertainment but decent food and staff,both times was given a hotel room at the airport for the 7-8 hour stoppover,so got about 4 hours sleep.i think the no booze arab airline is kuwait airways

Noticeable recently that airlines website prices are way down compared to days of old.

Recently checked Etihad,Emirates and Evas website prices and all three were cheaper than Westeasts prices (albeit only between £5-£15)

Went back to westeast, told them and they promptly reduced my booking to £5 under website price.

Definately worth checking each time you book.

Chivas

Guest jackjones

That may be so, but make sure the booking conditions are the same. That £5 won't be a saving if there is a bigger change fee, if the necessity arises.

Hi. Been out of the travel market for a while, so hoping for some up-to-date advice on flights from the UK to Bangkok in February. Want to avoid Heathrow & Gatwick if at all possible, but need good connections and good IFE because the party includes a 6 year old child and an infant. London City with Swiss & Thai was a firm favourite, but now seems expensive and hard to find. Humberside is closest to where we live, but the connections inbound are not good. Thanks very much for any ideas or tips.