Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Baybreeze or Sawasdee Seaview.

Hi.

Having limited my 2 hotel choices down to Baybreeze and Sawasdee Seaview (on Soi 10 near beach road) for my 7 week stay, I am requesting some feedback from members who have stayed at one/both. And which hotel would they prefer.

Location isn’t a problem. Both appear to be walking distance to the beach.

Sawasdee Seaview is offering me a superior room that is 50 baht more than Baybreeze’s standard room.

I am not too concerned about room size but not looking for a matchbox.

Would like a room with a refrigerator and a hard bed.

No smell of mildew when entering the room.

Since I am staying 7 weeks, it would be nice to have a television with more than 1 movie channel.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

PS: I did inquire about available rooms at the AA hotel and J-House but their prices during February were slighter higher than the above 2.

Hi,

I've stayed in both at one time or another and they are both good value for money IMO. Seaview is handier if you are a Walking St reqular as you never have to cross 2nd Rd which is a big plus.

• 2 weeks later...
IMHO you are better off booking for one week. If you like it after one week, then book for the remaining six. If you don't like, try somewhere else.

Gotta disagree. Book it for the seven weeks, assuming that your only paying a deposit up front. I would not pay in full up front. Why should I? If you dont like it then leave once you have spent your deposit. I would not take it for granted that they will have a room availabe for 6 weeks without any advance notice.

Cheers, :allright

You mention Febuary in your original post. If that is the beginning of your stay I would book for one week and then extend if I liked the place. Febuary there will be vacancies to be had easily. If your booking starts in early January then go ahead and book for 7 weeks. BUT in any case DO NOT pay ahead, at least not for more than a few days worth.

I have always stayed at the Baybreeze during my stays in Pattaya, except for first time I stayed at Diana Dragon in Soi Diana (yep cheap and nasty but all I needed) and recommened to me by a long time ex-pat whi has since passed away.

Baybreeze is very guest friendly and the pool is not bad. 7/11,bars and ATM just 2 mins walk etc...

Just out of interest anyone know what price are they quoting now, I haven't stayed in Pattaya for a little while?

800 baht for a standard room. btw were there more than 1 english movie channel when you stayed.

To answer the posters above. I have booked for 7 weeks at the baybreeze in Feb. Will check-out the room when I arrive. If I don't like it, will leave. If ok, will pay for the first week up-front. Thereafter will pay in full if cleaning and maid service are acceptable.

Thanks.

Tom.

tomx2 yep plenty of TV channels (English and Thai) - Sophon Cable.

800bt seems about what they used to charge me, but I got a small discount being a regular customer :)

After you arrive I would look for a place that has monthly rates. At 800 a night your paying 24K a month, you should be able to find something either alot better for that price or something similiar for alot less.