Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Girl ties for 2nd at SBS Open in Hawaii

Thai girl, Russy Gulyanamitta, tied for 2nd at the SBS OPen in Hawaii. This was the first full field event for the LPGA season. She's a sweet girl with a hell of a golf game. I can almost guarantee that she'll win this year.

For you guys there now, is it all over the papers?

Thai girl, Russy Gulyanamitta, tied for 2nd at the SBS OPen in Hawaii. This was the first full field event for the LPGA season. She's a sweet girl with a hell of a golf game. I can almost guarantee that she'll win this year.

She's one hell of a golfer ............................. :D

"In 17 career tournaments before the SBS Open, Russy had only made two cuts and earned $4411."

"In 17 career tournaments before the SBS Open, Russy had only made two cuts and earned $4411."

Ok ChesireTom...we'll see how she does this week.

One question - how many of the world's top 20 players played in the event?

Alan

One question - how many of the world's top 20 players played in the event?

Alan

I think most Thais were paying more attention to the European Tour event in Jakarta where the former World Junior Champion, Prom Meesawat, finished a very credible 3rd in something like his 6th tour event with a handful of other Thai golfers not that far behind.

I can't say how many of the top 20 played, but most of the big names in women's golf (except Ochoa) were there...Sorrenstam, Kerr, Creamer, Pressel, Gulbis, Pettersen and all the big name Japanese and Koreans players.

I'm certainly no expert, but this girl has serious game and the right mental attitude to be hugely successful on the LPGA Tour. Plus the fact she has already banked $75,867 (USD) and doesn't have to worry so much about money.

http://www.lagt.org/index.php?module=Info&...amp;PlayerID=-1

Come on Tom, accuracy is usually expected from you...

GULYANAMITTA, RUSSAMEE @ $15,704.00 for the year 2007

So much BAHT.....!

Greg,

The quote refers to her performance on the LPGA tour, of which the SBS Open, forms part. Your figures refer to the Asian LPGA tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite LPGA player is Stacy Prammanasudh. Thai father and American mother. A poised, classy and talented young lady.

That's something you don't see everyday. While there are many Asian / caucasian mixed marriages most of the time the asian is the woman.

Another sports star: Kevin Kaesviharn