Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi guys ive just been looking at this hotel for my december trip and a few reviews say the hotel has problems with cockroaches, anyone stayed here. Also my standard hotel question is there a joiner fee! thanks guys

It has been a couple of years since I stayed at the Manhattan but when I did it was the best value for the money in the area. Better rates on line then if you walked in.

I stayed there a few (3 or 4 years ago). it was ok Nothing special, if I remember the room was quite dark and a little tired looking. There again it was pretty cheap, and I suppose you get what you pay for.

hi guys ive just been looking at this hotel for my december trip and a few reviews say the hotel has problems with cockroaches, anyone stayed here. Also my standard hotel question is there a joiner fee! thanks guys

It's a REALLY old hotel, but it has been refurbished quite well at least twice. As someone else says, it's good value, and a very good location, although of course that goes along with "lots of traffic". Never heard a cockroach complaint in all those years.

Hi

I stayed there March 2007. Room was fine if slightly smaller than your average Bangkok hotel.

When I first arrived I was offered a twin bed room. When I stood firm on having the pre booked large double bed room, they found the room.

My dislikes was that the room was dark (This was caused by the brickwork of the building built extremely close close to the windows of the hotel). The windows were fixed so could not be opened.

The swimming pool was fine but awkward to get to with steep steps. It did get clear sunshine (Some hotel pools are predominantly in the shade due to the height of surrounding hotels).

The buffet breakfast was also good with a wide variety of european and asian food.

There was no joiner fee but you needed to give the girls ID card to reception (No Hassle).

All in all I found it good value (Booked through Agoda) and central to everything.

Hope this helps although things do change in a year. :bow :bow

• 3 weeks later...

It's been years since I stayed at the Manhattan, but recent reports don't inspire much confidence. Apparently it's been allowed to deteriorate and has become very shabby. Aslo, many say it is now charging joiner fees, although perhaps on a selective basis, i.e., some guests get charged, others don't.

There are currently much better (and guaranteed girl friendly) options in the Suk area for about the same price.

Evil

:bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there last August. It wasn't flash by any means, but quite reasonable for the price (I paid ~1100bht/night online). That was low-season, so it might be a higher price now.

What I can remember - in point form;

The room was comfortable but quite aged.

The staff and service were reasonably friendly.

The free breakfast buffet was very nice.

The lobby area was quite flash.

The location was great (for me anyway).

The view out the window was horrid (but I didn't get a room for it's view, so I didn't care at all!).

I overheard another guest bring in some company at reception - and he was charged 500bht extra!

The 'picture' (and I use the term loosely) on the room wall looked like a piece of carpet.

In short - not too bad if you plan on a quick mid-budget one night stay with no 'extra' guests - otherwise avoid.

I'll try and dig up a little pic...

found it..

post-18405-1222584737.jpg

Now I remember the two single beds, I guess that was a hint about the guest policy!

Edited by lamejane
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm floating through the thread here but I must log in and post on this one. I stayed here for a few nights upon my arrival in Bangkok several months ago. I had planned to use it as a base while searching for an apartment. It was a really great place in all ways, I was very pleased, especially for the price. The reason I left was because on my third night I noticed the cockroaches. Yes, it's true, and sadly too because it's a really nice place, as I said.