Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

My room was about 50 feet from the nearest WI-FI point.......yet the signal level was "very low" and I often got dropped off the internet.

To top it all off, there is a FREE promo running to the end of this month for WI-FI......they gave me a user name and password good for ONE hour.

When that hour was up, I was told "come reception, we give you another password" Can I call you and you can give me the new password?...."No sir, must come to reception"

You mean to tell me that the WI-FI is free this month but I have to go down to reception to get a new user name and password every hour?

"Yes sir"

Whoever is responsible for this should be gagged and flogged!!!!!

During the normal check in hours, I was told "sorry sir, room not ready, we clean now" You can relax in another room until yours is ready...ok thank you!!

Yeah it's hot...and the thirsts were yanking my chain.

So I use a small bottle of water from the mini bar in the temporary room.

I checked out before I really wanted to...because otherwise it's a very nice hotel and a very good location.

They gave me a nice seaview room with a small table and two chairs outside...great!!

Quiet soi with no bars but easy to Beach Road and 2nd road and soi's 13/1 13/2 have plenty of drinking establishments.

The crap WI-FI was the killer for me.

So on checkout this morning, I am scanning the bill......and low and behold, they charged me 20 baht for the small water I used while waiting for my regular room.

My immediate thoughts are....you mean to tell me, I was delayed during normal check in hours for 30 minutes and you are going to charge me 20 baht for using a bottle of water??

I kept my mouth shut.....TIT....but I feel that was a cheap shot on the part of Sandy Springs.

Cheap Charlie I am not.....20 baht is certainly no big deal at all......just the principle got under my skin.

If any of you are not computer users who require use in your room.....I can highly recommend the SS hotel.

I had a low signal problem on the 8th floor on my last visit. But I e-mailed and talked to Ms Warin who is the supervisor at the desk who's usually there each morning. She had it fixed the first day and it was fine for the rest of my weeklong stay.

i was there last month on the 7th floor and the wifi worked fine ...

nice hotel good local there are some bars on soi13 wonderful 2 had a great selection of girls.. but is nice quiet soi with good sea view from balcony....

I'm booked in for November. At those rates I hope it is free wifi although one hour a day should it for me. If my loom is not ready at 10.00 at night I will check in somewhere else for the night because I want to hit the ground running. :clap2

The two places I have had to pay for WiFi,(Metro Appartments)(Rescidence Garden)have both been very slow, not worth the money.The place I stay now is free and lightening fast. :banana .

You sure about that :banana

Metro Apartments is free wifi for guests, even if your just having a drink in the bar you can use the PC for free.

I did not see a check in / check out time on the website, assuming the normal

check in time is between 2pm and 4pm what time did you arrive ???

I have the Sandy spring booked for Christmas, my plane lands at Suvarnabhumi

at 0610am and expect to hit Pattaya at about 8.30am, so if they offer me a spare

room to shower and change i will be grateful.

Hope i get good Wifi

• 2 weeks later...

at 0610am and expect to hit Pattaya at about 8.30am, so if they offer me a spare

Hope i get good Wifi

Check in at Sandy Springs is 1400 hrs and check out is 12 noon.

The two places I have had to pay for WiFi,(Metro Appartments)(Rescidence Garden)have both been very slow, not worth the money.The place I stay now is free and lightening fast. :bigsmile: .

Thanks for telling us all where that is clever clogs...

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde

Hope i get good Wifi

When I stay at a hotel and I arrive early in the morning, I pay for the day before I arrive. This way my rooms ready no matter what time I arrive. BTW I don't have to do this in Pattaya as I'm a regular customer at the place I stay.

The two places I have had to pay for WiFi,(Metro Appartments)(Rescidence Garden)have both been very slow, not worth the money.The place I stay now is free and lightening fast. :bigsmile: .

You are wrong about the Metro Apartments – I’ve been staying here for 2 years and it’s always been free and is available throughout the building – I’m currently posting this from my laptop via the free wi-fi connection – 54.0 Mbps – Connection: Very Good

Edited by kuranda_bagman
You are wrong about the Metro Apartments – I’ve been staying here for 2 years and it’s always been free and is available throughout the building – I’m currently posting this from my laptop via the free wi-fi connection – 54.0 Mbps – Connection: Very Good

Hi mate how long you there for this time??

I'm booked in from the 10th of next month if your still around for a :bigsmile:

Hear that Jum has found her prince charming and has left us, I wish her all the best for the future.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fatboyfat
What do they charge for WiFi when they are not having a "special"?

March prices were on a sliding scale (expensive to f'ing expensive). Best rate was for 5 Hours and cost 500 Baht, but connectivity (I purely used the foyer, which was actually hardwired in) was appalling. Room rates are same.

Edited by Fatboyfat