Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Extending multiple entry visa.

Hello,

Can I do this before the initial 60 days run out?

Wondering if I have to wait till the 60 days come to an end before going to immigration office to apply for 30 day extension.

If I do this do I lose any days?

If I do have to wait does anyone know if there is an immigration office in Phuket. I'm going down for a change of scenery and coming back to Pattaya mid June.

Also, any suggestions for a good Phuket forum? If it exists then I'll posts my Q's there.

Thanks.

C.

I have a 12-month multiple entry visa issued in Australia.

When I initially arrived in Thailand this trip, I was given 90 days.

I then went to Cambodia for 19 days and on returning to Thailand was given a further 90 days.

Therefore, it would seem that you would not have to use the initial period before applying for an extension.

Hope this helps.

May see you Saturday night.

Hello,

Can I do this before the initial 60 days run out?

Wondering if I have to wait till the 60 days come to an end before going to immigration office to apply for 30 day extension.

If I do this do I lose any days?

If I do have to wait does anyone know if there is an immigration office in Phuket. I'm going down for a change of scenery and coming back to Pattaya mid June.

Also, any suggestions for a good Phuket forum? If it exists then I'll posts my Q's there.

Thanks.

C.

l'm guessing you have a 2 or maybe 3 entry tourist visa. If so, you can apply for the extension prior to your "admitted until" date and there will be no loss of days. There is an immigration office in Phuket.

-redwood

Yes, I have a 3 entry tourist visa.

I'll go to Jomtien before leaving for Phuket. I just have a feeling it might be easier here and I won't have to worry about it sitting on the beach.

Thanks for the info guys.

C.

Word of advice though. If you have 60 days on your visa, then go down and extend it on day 59. Also make sure that there are no Thai holidays coming up, or that your 59th or 60th day, doesn't fall on a weekend. It will be 1,900Baht for your 30 day extension, after which time, you will have to do a Cambo visa run, which would be the quickest and cheapest to do, then use your next entry.

If you use up your 2nd 30 day extension, but want to stay in LOS, no problems. Just go to do a Laos visa run, where they will re-issue the multiple entry visas. 9kbaht is about average for that service and visa run. If you have any questions though, even for your extension form, go down to First Class Visa, inside the Queen Vic on Soi6, they are really friendly people, and since they know you will most likely use them for the Laos and Cambo runs, they will fill out the immigration extension form for you, for free!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Did it today.

So here's how it goes in Phuket:

Immigration website says that one can get an extension at the Patong office. WRONG!!!

They don't do that anymore.

Off to Phuket town I go.

I took a taxi. It's the only way to do it. Don't mess around with tuktuk's or motorbike's. It's too dangerous a drive and also a bit far. One could take the bigger bus for 20bth but then you'd still have to walk a bit from the station to the office.

Driver wanted 700 return we settled on 550.

Needed:

Passport picture: one

Photocopy's: one of the main ID page and one of the visa page and entry stamp including your entry card.

Do this beforehand in the busy season, it will save time but there's a friendly lady behind the immigrations office that provided copy service and picture service all at fair prices. (3bth per copy, 130bth for pictures. I didn't ask if that's for one or four)

Get a form and fill out all the details. Pay 1900Bath. Hand it all over and Bob's your uncle.

I didn't lose any days so I guess in theory one could apply for the extension straight after arriving.

The taxi driver I used is a VERY nice and a safe driver so I here's his details:

Mr Nuk. 0812 710 928. Good service has to be rewarded with word of text.

Bottom line. Even though today was hassle free, I should have gone to Jomtien office. It would have been less time consuming and slightly cheaper.

C.

On a tourist visa you can go to almost any office. But due to the new regulations, if you are showing your address in BKK, then you must go to the BKK immigration office. The only ones that can go to Jomtien, are those living in Pattaya or Jomtien, or possibly even all of Chonburi.

I might be wrong on this, but the BKK office said all my visa paperwork and check-ins have to be done in BKK, and that Jomtien would turn me away. Maybe if someone else has had this experience, can verify if this is in fact the case.