Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

You should either accept the exotic differences of a culture, such as learning to happily eat the remnants of nose mining

Where do you think the workers in McThai deposit the results of their nasal excavations? No wonder they smile when they tell you to "Have a nice day!". :unsure: They know that you can't taste the difference. :unsure:

I noticed that too, but then i figured out they often want to get the drink order first......so I always take to opportunity to order

my alchohol while reviewing the menu! :unsure:

Where do you think the workers in McThai deposit the results of their nasal excavations? No wonder they smile when they tell you to "Have a nice day!". :unsure: They know that you can't taste the difference. :unsure:

Missed the point, eh?

Nah ......... although, you did. :bigsmile:
Yes, some things whiz by!
Looks as if Wikipedia is unavailable and the Chiang Mai Blowhard(a.k.a. joekicker) is throwing a tantrum because he's got nowhere to cull his experience and knowledge from and then dazzle the rest of us with his cut&paste techniques.

I appreciate your reading the post, nothing worse than writing something no one reads, like Harry Nicolaides.

Chiang Mai?? Where did you get that?

Nah ......... although, you did. :D

I give you permission to assume that if you like. Truth be told, if I wanted to engage in conversation on that level I'd go to my neighbors. They've got preschoolers. Besides, I'd hate to keep you from cataloging and archiving every post made by your pal from Philly. I'd never keep someone from something that defines him in life.

Now, as you're prone to do, you'll probably want to come back with something cute. Try responding to the 2nd and 3rd sentence of this post with something like "I don't think you could handle a conversation on a higher intellectual level". Be honest, it crossed your mind. If not, you're slipping. Whatever your response, be sure to include the obligatory smilie. Without it the minions like jacko will only rock back and forth quickly and miss out on the visual stimulation that causes them to clap their hands at the same time.

To the OP. I realized that I perpetuated a thread fucking. If you're still following this you don't really need to say it in Thai(if you do, even better). When you pick up, or are handed, the menu saying something like "I don't know. You come back in two minutes" should suffice. Very polite hand gestures to aid in your point might help. Of course, more often than not I've had to try to get their attention 5+ minutes later to come and take my order. They're probably busy putting snot in my food, although, I can't be sure because, as you may have heard, I can't tell the difference because, well... I can't even get it out! I'll piss myself from laughing!! Ohhh, that CT. What a rascal. He's as funny as Jan Murray!

I'm done.

Edited by Firepole
  • 4 weeks later...

My first trip in the 1990s I had dinner in BKK at a place called 3 coins in a fountain or 7 coins in/over a fountain, cant remember exactly. It was off of sukhumvit, soi 17 area maybe, I think it was near soi cowboy area. As soon as I was seated I noticed a young thai lady standing by my table. After my meal arrived and I began eating I noticed she was there again. I did at that time attribute it to good service and have since. If the server is by your table holding an hourglass, thats one thing but if they stand BY your table for 10 minutes while you choose your meal, what difference would that make? Joe.