Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

**** Emirates Business Class Offer ****

Good information but the offer is only for flights from Birmingham UK

Good enough for me to try !! For us-

220 miles to Heathrow

223 miles to Gatwick

209 miles Birmingham !!

• 2 weeks later...
Not worth the extra money... Paying about double cattle class for what? been there done it. I would only pay about £50-100 extra for it at most.
I have always felt it is worth double a cheap economy seat..... so if drunk and abusive pays £500, I don't mind paying £1000 to be elsewhere!
Hardly a catch when the offer is called "2 for 1". I suppose they could have made it a buy one get one free. :unsure:
I think BA did that one once, don't recall if the free one could be used by the same person, but I doubt it.

Great deal to take the Mrs for a trip to the UK!

Going the other way, Bangkok to Manchester, UK, I'm looking for a September flight in Biz Class.

Qatar, who I would lilke to try, are still coming in at about 85,000 (incl taxes) baht.

Tom has advised me that there is a good chance some specials will be available and to hang on.

I just took a look at Ethiad and they are offering about 75,000 baht.

I don't like Abu Dhabi airport but that is an attractive fare.

Anybody have any experience of Ethiad Biz? Or any other recommendations.

I am a bit picky as I want to avoid LHR, one transit max and no layovers over 3 hours.

Edited by jacko
Going the other way, Bangkok to Manchester, UK, I'm looking for a September flight in Biz Class.

Qatar, who I would lilke to try, are still coming in at about 85,000 (incl taxes) baht.

Tom has advised me that there is a good chance some specials will be available and to hang on.

I just took a look at Ethiad and they are offering about 75,000 baht.

I don't like Abu Dhabi airport but that is an attractive fare.

Anybody have any experience of Ethiad Biz? Or any other recommendations.

I am a bit picky as I want to avoid LHR, one transit max and no layovers over 3 hours.

Jacko,

The flat bed is good but a bit narrow and the personal TV is probably one of the best available. I'm not too keen on the herringbone layout as it feels quite claustrophobic, particularly on the A330. I think Qatar's flatbeds on its 777s are better.

Have they not got a new terminal at Abu Dhabi?

What dates are you flying?

Jacko,

The flat bed is good but a bit narrow and the personal TV is probably one of the best available. I'm not too keen on the herringbone layout as it feels quite claustrophobic, particularly on the A330. I think Qatar's flatbeds on its 777s are better.

Have they not got a new terminal at Abu Dhabi?

What dates are you flying?

You might be right on Abu Dhabi having a new terminal as I haven't been there for a few years.

So anybody out there who knows.... ?

I was looking for outward about (can move a few days each way) 8th September, back about 25th. Nothing booked yet.

Hey guys try this website out and tell me what you think.

www.airgorilla.com

Post a link, I can't get anything other than 'resource cannot be found'.

Maxnet (my ISP) here in Pattaya has been messed up for a few days though,

Etihad do have a new terminal at Terminal 3 in Abu Dhabi

http://www.etihadairways.com/SITES/ETIHAD/.../Terminal3.aspx

I flew with them 3 years ago in Pearl(business) class and they were the best i have ever flown with, yes the seats are narrow

but i am a wide person and had no problems and the 77inch seat pitch and staggered business class seats were brilliant.

15 inch monitors and excellent food made it a brilliant trip.

Unfortunately they have been raising their prices for business class at Xmas etc to silly prices, for example, this year it is

£700 pounds cheaper to fly first class on Emirates than it is to fly Business class on Etihad :banghead

Etihad2.jpg

2092760310_5cb091d782.jpg

Edited by glynbuk

Thank for that glynbuk.

How are the facilities at the terminal in Abu Dhabi?

I had forgotten the penchant for 'bare feet' but I would likely see that on Qatar and Emirates too! :D

Thank for that glynbuk.

How are the facilities at the terminal in Abu Dhabi?

I flew before the new terminal was built, when i flew though it was quite crowded (Xmas)

and the Business class lounge was small and packed but for 2 hours or so, who cares.

The new terminal is supposed to be much better.

th_27449_DSCF0222_122_61lo.JPGth_27454_DSCF0225_122_87lo.JPGth_27465_DSCF0224_122_102lo.JPGth_27460_DSCF0226_122_10lo.JPG

some pics from my flight on Etihad

Edited by glynbuk