Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Cops to Crack Down on Foreign Gangs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the photo in the base Bangkok Post article where one of the detainees has a "paid" stamp on his hand allowing him to leave the BiB cordon. LOL gotta love Thailand.

LOL, how in the hell do you know "most of them are Liberians?". You are either a troll or trolling for something. Otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been in and around the area since the late 70s. It has always been a riskier area with a much different vibe than the other side of across Sukhumvit. Those of us that worked int he Middle East li

Posted Images

Tom, can you stop putting the photos of Evil up?

How about the same for me? Whats good for one guy should be good for all.

Where'd you get that idea? :clueless

How about the same for me? Whats good for one guy should be good for all. Unless your into double standards?

How about the same for me? Whats good for one guy should be good for all. Unless your into double standards?

I do reserve that right, yes. Now, stop thread fucking.

I do reserve that right, yes. Now, stop thread fucking.

No problem on my part. Your forum, your rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who doesn't believe that West African criminal gangs are a major problem for Thailand should read this articile:

A One-Way Ticket To Trouble

It's horrific how some of these Thai women have been treated by the West African gangs. It can't get worse than setting up an innocent woman for the death penalty in China.

SCammers_1.jpg ____ yyyyyyye.JPG

I wonder of the unfortunate Noi (who's awaiting execution in China because of a Nigerian) had her beauty shop in the infamous "L shaped soi that runs between Soi 3 and Sukhumvit."

Evil

:allright

Some other excerpts from the article:

"Both women say they were unaware of the contents of the bags the men had given them, a claim that is generally believed by the Thai Foreign Ministry. The ministry follows the cases of Thai women in China and other countries who became ''drug mules'' for West African drug syndicates and others operating in Thailand."

"Recruiting agents for West African drug syndicates commonly contact young women who work in bars to do the job. Many tactics are used. For example, Nigerian and Ghanaian drug dealers commonly open gift shops as a front, and ask Thai girlfriends to travel with them to China to purchase goods to supply the shops. Upon landing at a foreign airport, the drug dealer will then ask the woman to carry or pick up luggage with concealed illicit drugs, and then conveniently disassociate from her.

The woman only realises the risk she's taken if she is caught, and by then it's too late. It is believed that syndicate members sometimes tip the police off about the mule to create a commotion to allow others carrying larger quantities to pass through customs or to board flights unimpeded"

lllllllle.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil
It's horrific how some of these Thai women have been treated by the West African gangs. It can't get worse than setting up an innocent woman for the death penalty in China.

Can't be any worse than getting set up by an Israeli for the death penalty in Indonesia? :clueless

Can't be any worse than getting set up by an Israeli for the death penalty in Indonesia?

I don't have sympathy for drug traffickers of any stripe. I hope the Israeli guy, if caught, takes his place alongside the 800 or so West Africans in Thai prisons or the 18 Nigerians on death row in Indonesia.

But there are a several crucial differences between the cases of the Thai women caught in Bali and the Thai women sentenced to death in China. First and foremost, the Thai woman who tried to smuggle drugs into Indonesia was a willing mule - she swallowed the drugs, so she knew what she was doing. The Thai women caught in China weren't aware they were carrying drugs and may even have been "throw away" mules to divert attention from more significant smuggling attempts. That gives the Nigerian gang members a place in the innermost circle of the special hell reserved for drug traffickeers.

Moreover, the Thai woman in Indonesia hasn't been tried yet, so it's not sure what her sentence will be. Maybe the Indonesian court will have mercy on her. The Thai women in China have already received their sentences - some death, some lengthy incarceration.

Finally, Indonesia does apply the death sentence to drug smugglers :thumbup (as said, 18 Nigerians are on death row there and two Nigerians were executed by firing squad in 2008), but Indonesia doesn't execute anywhere as many people as China.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

There's no shortage of anecdotal evidence regarding the over-representation of Nigerians in the drug trade in Thailand. But be of good cheer. Reports from people on the ground in Bangkok indicate raids are continuing in the Suk Soi 3-5 area.

Evil

:hijack:

ze.JPG ---- Link

zxze.JPG ---- Link

zzze.JPG ---- Link

zzzzzzzze.JPG ---- Link

The phrase "black man" can include men from many different countries. There are some "black men" working at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok who are definitely not drug dealers - in fact, quite the opposite.

But if you see a black man from Africa who is hanging out on the street corners around Suk Soi 3-5, especially late at night, there is a reasonable basis to suspect he is involved in drugs or other illegal activity. If you see a black man from Africa who is working as a doctor in a hospital in Bangkok or lecturing at a university or working in the office of a multi-national corporation, it is reasonable to assume he isn't a drug dealer.

But I doubt you'll find many African medical doctors, professors or business executives who hang out all night on Suk Soi 3-5 accosting passers-by.

Evil

:hijack:

Well said Evil.

But you can't expect Mr P to let an opportunity like this to slip through his fingers without slipping in some of his PC liberal nonsense.

Well said Evil.

But you can't expect Mr P to let an opportunity like this to slip through his fingers without slipping in some of his PC liberal nonsense.

Wind-ups like his and Cheshire Tom's are common when the poster doesn't have any other response. But in this thread, it doesn't really matter how much they bluff, wriggle or squirm because I'm holding all the high cards and will call them every time. Whatever PC and the party line dictate that is permissible to write about Africans, it can't change the fact that the ones who hang around Suk Soi 3-5 are criminals.

Evil

:whistling:

• Upvote 2
Wind-ups like his and Cheshire Tom's are common when the poster doesn't have any other response.

Your previous couple of posts have nothing to do with drug dealing in the Nana area. Lots of major farang criminals (and an assortment of weird looking guys) can be found around the Soi Nana area of Bangkok.

But in this thread, it doesn't really matter how much they bluff, wriggle or squirm because I'm holding all the high cards and will call them every time.

The only thing you're holding is Chucky.

Whatever PC and the party line dictate that is permissible to write about Africans, it can't change the fact that the ones who hang around Suk Soi 3-5 are criminals.

The same could be said for farangs since the last major drugs bust in the area involved an Australian and a Brit, with not an African in sight. BTW, you've not responded to my offer of dinner at Nefertiti's. I'll send you a map of how to get there if you're not familiar with the area, and best wear one of those Yankees caps so that I can recognise you.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...
why cant they just round them all up and check them for visa's? Jail and deport anyone without a legit visa. Simple thing to do

Who is 'they'?

• 2 weeks later...

By golly, the number of Africans around Suk Soi 3-5 seems to have faded a bit!

Not as many raisins in the big mango salad bowl as just a few months ago. In November, Soi Africa did justice to its name. It seemed like a section of a street in Newark, NJ or Oakland, CA, if not Mombassa or Lagos. But in late March, there were significantly fewer African girls, pimps, drug dealers and scammers than last November. The ones that still haunt Skank Alley (Sukhumvit Road between Sois 3 and 5) are less aggressive and don't accost passers-by like they used to.

The mass sweeps the police conducted in the area in December, January and February have had an effect, but the BiB have also used "relocation" tactics against individual bad guys. It's something like what the wildlife rangers do in Florida with pesky alligators or in Montana with bothersome bears.

It works like this: the BKK police nab a suspected African dealer or scammer and question him for a few hours at a police station. If they can't hold him on criminal or immigration charges, they let him go, but far away - maybe five miles or so from Sukhumvit Road - without any money in his pocket. Just like the bears and gators, Africans are looking for an area with easy access to fresh meat. Removing them from their "comfort zone" is a good way to discourage the bad guys from hanging out there. It's a proven tactic that's been used in many cities against street-level criminals.

It also possible that "natural attrition" played a role. It's doubtful that Bangkok has proved to be as fertile a hunting ground as the African gangs thought. After all, how many farang treally want to talk to these guys? And if you don't talk to them, they can't scam you.

Evil

:whistling:

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

This is a crackdown that means something:

Nigerian Drug Dealer Falls to His Death While Fleeing from Police

UPDATE : 20 April 2011

"A Nigerian drug dealer plunged five stories to his death while running from police during a sting operation in Klongton area.

Police from the Patrol and Special Operations Division have arrested eight drug suspects of Nigerian, Ghanaian, and Zambian nationalities in a sting operation in the Klongton area.

Police acted on a tip-off about a drug delivery in the area and set up a trap by agreeing to buy three packs of methamphetamine from a Nigerian gang member at an apartment on Pattanakarn Soi 40.

A suspect fell five stories to his death from his balcony while trying to escape arrest.Officers expanded the investigation and arrested other gang members."

Someone should nominate the Nigerian guy for a Darwin Award. Five stories up and he runs out on his balcony to get away from the police. :llaugh

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1