Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

It is 100% Internet Explorer problem as its fine with Firefox, but I wish I knew how to fix it on IE, as that is still my default server.

There's something about you, though. I pretty much always use IE for this forum, and it has worked and works fine. I bet it's in the IE security settings.

There's something about you, though. I pretty much always use IE for this forum, and it has worked and works fine. I bet it's in the IE security settings.

Could be, will take a look, but I may not be sure what to look for, any suggestions ??

Perhaps try windows update, if you still have problems perhaps uninstall IE completely then download again.

Good advice mate.

Perhaps try windows update, if you still have problems perhaps uninstall IE completely then download again.

Windows was updated about 3 weeks ago. I like the sound of reinstalling IE explorer and might go for the latest version, seeing as its free.

Windows was updated about 3 weeks ago. I like the sound of reinstalling IE explorer and might go for the latest version, seeing as its free.

Geebus pastry,I suggested IE 8 10 posts ago-get with it man!

Geebus pastry,I suggested IE 8 10 posts ago-get with it man!

Yes, I saw it and am very grateful for your suggestion. I was waiting to see whether there was a fix for the current problem first, but thanks again for your helpful advice.

I was hoping that I would not have to do any reistallations at the time, but it now looks inevitable.I may upgrade my PC from a 386 to a 486 or even a Pentium 1 so I may wait until then and reinstall all my programmes including my current version of XP :D :clap2

If you're on Windows, I don't think you CAN uninstall IE, it's built in to the operating system. Upgrade yes, but not remove.

If you're on Windows, I don't think you CAN uninstall IE, it's built in to the operating system. Upgrade yes, but not remove.

Just checked an IE can be uninstalled as a seperate programme.

Just checked an IE can be uninstalled as a seperate programme.
Why not just set Firefox as your default browser?
Could be, will take a look, but I may not be sure what to look for, any suggestions ??

There (should be) an overall setting of "medium" or along that line. Then get into the options and look for stuff like scripts and pop-up boxes, which in my opinion should be "allowed" but at worst "always ask" but never banned.

I'm kind of at a lost. Were it me, I'd go through all the tick-boxes in the security options, look for anything that could be related.

Get an Apple Mac, combine it with Apple Safari and grow a beard, then you can be all 'niche'. P

You don't have to use Safari on the Mac, you can use IE fine. Or vice-versa if you're that kind of person, not that there's anything WRONG with that.