Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

My first trip and i want to be close to the action.

Where should i stay ?

What i want is:

In Hotel:

A/C (in room)

Room service

big bed

girl friendly

In vecinity:

dry cleaning

Walking street XDDD (walking distance safe areas, not in the mood of getting stabbed/robbed as i was in Buenos Aires).

not quite sure where FLB is located but that would be something i want at walking distance as well.

cost up to 2.000 bath/night

any hotel that has monthly/weekly rates that cuts down the price would be great.

And please only reply with places where you have personal experience since i know that a hotel can look good at first glance then have a crappy service.

Thanks in advance.

you have just described half the hotels in pattaya

for a newbie i would recommend soi 13, the sandy spring hotel

it covers all your requirements and is only a 5 minute walk away from the action and a decent room in it is around 1200bht

but look around the web first, there are literally hundreds of hotels that would suit

you have just described half the hotels in pattaya

Maybe but im guessing you guys are gonna help me narrow it down with your personal experience.

don´t wanna look the web because they always show their best side on the web, while the people here tell me the real experience behind it.

thanks for the input.

Check out Secrets Hotel, Pattaya. Less then two minute walk to Walking Street. I never stayed there but everyone I know that has stayed there liked the rooms.

Check out Secrets Hotel, Pattaya. Less then two minute walk to Walking Street. I never stayed there but everyone I know that has stayed there liked the rooms.

any website ? O.o

Secrets hotel in practically on Walking Street (with all the noise (?)) Never stayed there myself. I'd recommend Pattaya Bay Resort. Stayed there my first trip and thought one time (walking towards The Avenue shopping center at 9pm) that it was very quiet. Its a bit further from WS, but closer to the Soi LK Metro/Soi Buakao. A very nice area and I think it's even a bit cheaper than WS. PBR has a tuktukservice to bring and take you to and from Soi Buakao or Second Road. You can also walk through The Avenue to Second road. In front there is a moped taxi stand to take you quickly to WS.

Personally I think staying in a hotel on or near WS on your first trip, you will limit yourself to that area and don't get to explore more of the city and all it wonders. Staying in PBR you are (sort of) forced to explore the city nightlife. You can go to WS, Soi 13 is nearby and a walk to Soi 7 or 8 is not that far. And Soi Buakao is around the corner.

Secrets hotel in practically on Walking Street (with all the noise (?)) Never stayed there myself. I'd recommend Pattaya Bay Resort. Stayed there my first trip and thought one time (walking towards The Avenue shopping center at 9pm) that it was very quiet. Its a bit further from WS, but closer to the Soi LK Metro/Soi Buakao. A very nice area and I think it's even a bit cheaper than WS. PBR has a tuktukservice to bring and take you to and from Soi Buakao or Second Road. You can also walk through The Avenue to Second road. In front there is a moped taxi stand to take you quickly to WS.

Personally I think staying in a hotel on or near WS on your first trip, you will limit yourself to that area and don't get to explore more of the city and all it wonders. Staying in PBR you are (sort of) forced to explore the city nightlife. You can go to WS, Soi 13 is nearby and a walk to Soi 7 or 8 is not that far. And Soi Buakao is around the corner.

looked at their website and they look good and have a great monthly rate.

Thanks

P72 on walking street, just be on the third floor or above, there is a band in the bar and you can hear it from the 2nd floor. Phone # 038-421784

Dream Hotel, just up the same soi, but on 2nd road. Phone number 038-420771

La Fontain on walking street. This one doesn't have free internet, but does have other extras, DVD player, two TV's Living room and kitchen, pool. http://www.soidb.com/en/pattaya/stay/servi...a_fontaine.html

I've stayed in all three. They are about as close to the action as you can get, and nice hotels. Also, 1/2 what your budget per night is. Personally, I liked the Dream the best. It wasn't as nice as the others, but very quiet, internet and wi-fi worked great, no extra charge from the restaurant for room service, step out the front door to a Baht bus, Walking street a 1 minute walk, 7-11 a 30 second walk, parking for car or motorbike. The best value for the money. All three have nice staff, and are clean, well maintained.

Have a look at the suites at Heaven Above. Just off Walking St in Soi Diamond. Never stayed there but like the go-go and heard good reports about the accom.

:crying:

Mix it up an do both and spend some time at Secrets and some at PBR. Secrets gives you a home base close to WS and the Beer Garder and Beach Road with a lot of experienced travellers in the bar to chat to and PBR gives you a home base around LK Metro and areas around there. Secrets is close to FLB as well. If you are staying a fair while might be worthwhile staying for a while around the other end of town as well to have a look around and have some fun.

I have stayed at PBR and Secrets and would recommend both.

Mix it up an do both and spend some time at Secrets and some at PBR. Secrets gives you a home base close to WS and the Beer Garder and Beach Road with a lot of experienced travellers in the bar to chat to and PBR gives you a home base around LK Metro and areas around there. Secrets is close to FLB as well. If you are staying a fair while might be worthwhile staying for a while around the other end of town as well to have a look around and have some fun.

I have stayed at PBR and Secrets and would recommend both.

Are they both girl friendly as well ?

Are they both girl friendly as well ?

Both are girl friendly with really good staff.

Secrets is an all in one with it's own bar, girls, food etc. Do try and get out though as it is easy to spend a lot of time just in Secrets :) Really good setup and location for around WS and great to stagger back to.

PBR is also girl friendly but I have heard from others that they can sometimes ask for a joiner fee if you bring back more than one girl. Friend of mine brought back 2 and he had no problems though so probably best to check with them. PBR has good rooms, nice food and pool.

Both are girl friendly with really good staff.

Secrets is an all in one with it's own bar, girls, food etc. Do try and get out though as it is easy to spend a lot of time just in Secrets :) Really good setup and location for around WS and great to stagger back to.

PBR is also girl friendly but I have heard from others that they can sometimes ask for a joiner fee if you bring back more than one girl. Friend of mine brought back 2 and he had no problems though so probably best to check with them. PBR has good rooms, nice food and pool.

of what i understand Secrets has both a bar/gogo and the hotel itself, don't they have any problem with me bringing in girls from other gogo and beer bars ?

No, I brought a few girls in and never had an issue.

I even had a few drinks with one in the bar for an hour or so and all the girls in Secrets treated her really well (which was a relief as I was a bit nervous about doing that but wanted a few more drinks).

Staff at both, are in my opinion great and really helpful and friendly.

of what i understand Secrets has both a bar/gogo and the hotel itself, don't they have any problem with me bringing in girls from other gogo and beer bars ?

Actually Secrets has only a bar that has both hostesses and coyote dancers available for barfine. No trouble bringing back BGs from other places and the hotel has a seperate enterance so you don't have to walk through the bar to get to your room. Now they don't have a lift so be prepared to use stairs. They have a restaurant on site that serves pretty decent food.

I even had a few drinks with one in the bar for an hour or so and all the girls in Secrets treated her really well (which was a relief as I was a bit nervous about doing that but wanted a few more drinks).

I know of at least one Secrets BG who would have been delighted if you would have BFed her for a threesome, although she would have probably spent more time attending to your lady than you.

I know of at least one Secrets BG who would have been delighted if you would have BFed her for a threesome, although she would have probably spent more time attending to your lady than you.

lol wish I'd known who that was !!!!!

The girl I was with said it was good to be in a bar where the girls treated her normally and she could relax. I kept her for a few days and did see that at some places she felt really uncomfortable.

Are you looking for a hotel or a guest house? Do you care at all about a nice pool or other amenities?

Secrets has a very nice bar and reasonable priced, good food. However, it is a guest house, there is no pool, lift, rooms don't have a balcony, etc. I have never stayed in Secrets, but I did get a look at one of the rooms. They are nice enough for the price.

I can't imagine one getting stabbed in Pattaya. Crossing the street is probably the most dangerous thing you will do. Just use your head.

I have never stayed at the Sandy Spring but it gets good reviews.

If you are not overly particular, you should be able to get a nice enough place for 1000 - 1200 baht per night or even less.

I'm gonna suggest you book two nights at a decent hotel like the Sandy Spring and then spend your first couple of days exploring hotels and guest houses. You will have hundreds to choose from within walking distance.

Try the Residence Garden Hotel. Special rates for Pattaya Talk. Very girl friendly, nice pool, good security. Each room a 2 room suite with balcony, inroom safe, refrigerator & kitchen.

Are you looking for a hotel or a guest house? Do you care at all about a nice pool or other amenities?

Secrets has a very nice bar and reasonable priced, good food. However, it is a guest house, there is no pool, lift, rooms don't have a balcony, etc. I have never stayed in Secrets, but I did get a look at one of the rooms. They are nice enough for the price.

I can't imagine one getting stabbed in Pattaya. Crossing the street is probably the most dangerous thing you will do. Just use your head.

I have never stayed at the Sandy Spring but it gets good reviews.

If you are not overly particular, you should be able to get a nice enough place for 1000 - 1200 baht per night or even less.

I'm gonna suggest you book two nights at a decent hotel like the Sandy Spring and then spend your first couple of days exploring hotels and guest houses. You will have hundreds to choose from within walking distance.

looking for a hotel, want everything to be taken care of for me. cleaning and doing the bed every day. don´t wanna do that on a vacation.

Looks right now like its gonna be the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Try the Residence Garden Hotel. Special rates for Pattaya Talk. Very girl friendly, nice pool, good security. Each room a 2 room suite with balcony, inroom safe, refrigerator & kitchen.

Looks nice but im going with Pattaya Bay Resort because of their monthly rate, unless anyone knows a place that is cheaper and still as nice as Pattaya Bay Resort.

looking for a hotel, want everything to be taken care of for me. cleaning and doing the bed every day. don´t wanna do that on a vacation.

Looks right now like its gonna be the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Looks nice but im going with Pattaya Bay Resort because of their monthly rate, unless anyone knows a place that is cheaper and still as nice as Pattaya Bay Resort.

Probably a little further trek to/from Walking St. than you might imagine, maybe not... Still looks like a good choice and I like that monthly rent.

Honestly, if you are not that bothered by location, then my suggestion would be the Residence Garden but you won't get it as cheap as the PB Resort.

Let us know how you make out!

I stayed at the Residence Garden on my first trip. Close enough to walk to walking street (only did it once), great pool and good food. The rooms are 2 room suites. Great staff and pretty quite. Great value and girl friendly. I recomend it highly for a first trip. Allows you to get away from the crazy stuff but still stay close.

Crossing the street is probably the most dangerous thing you will do. Just use your head.

Just when you think the coast is clear, a motorbike comes streaking toward you (seemingly out of nowhere) :D