Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Mekhong Whiskey is No More!

I was told last night by a server that Mekhong Whiskey is out of business. Damn! It was my favorite drink in Thailand! Now I have to stick with Sang Som.

:crying:

• 11 months later...

Good to know, some jet fuel is what I might need to clear the head.

Same name, same basic script - different product. Try one small bottle, I'm sure you'll hate it ... .or acquire a taste for somethinf entirely different.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Same blurb above both the export and local version pictures.

Does the cap color change the taste? :P

Probably not. It still tastes like shite.

The only stuff from ThaiBev that I drink nowadays is the soda water - or, at least the stuff with a yellow cap. :beer

Probably not. It still tastes like shite.

The only stuff from ThaiBev that I drink nowadays is the soda water - or, at least the stuff with a yellow cap. :beer

Well, as long as it tastes like the same shit, there will be some board members who are happy at its return.

I've never touched the stuff myself.

A shame as I quite like a drop of Mekhong. I have a bottle for Christmas that I have already started drinking.

A shame as I quite like a drop of Mekhong. I have a bottle for Christmas that I have already started drinking.

You lost me there. What is a shame?

You lost me there. What is a shame?

That it might not be available anymore?

That it might not be available anymore?

Oh, okay. I'm not qualified to taste the product I photographed and say whether it's the Mekhong from before last year or not.

I'll wait for aussiechic and badb0y to get here to be sure.

Oh, okay. I'm not qualified to taste the product I photographed and say whether it's the Mekhong from before last year or not.

I'll wait for aussiechic and badb0y to get here to be sure.

Well I'm going to finish my bottle over the next three days. I can guarantee you that. :drunk

Well, as long as it tastes like the same shit, there will be some board members who are happy at its return.

I've never touched the stuff myself.

Precisely the point dear boy - I wouldn't fly half way around the world to drink the same stuff I get at home. Also it tastes like Siddiqi hooch in Saudi Arabia so I drink it with my eyes closed, feel glum, then open my eyes and see the beautiful Thai ladies. (The Thai ladies get more beautiful as the bottle goes down).

Hope Aussiechic and Badboy will be around so we can drain a bottle together in June.

Just about to have a wee dram of Macallan Masters' Edition Triple Cask Matured (Christmas present)....... point made.

Wehey!

Andy Cap

I've got a bottle here that's dated 23-11-44 how old would that be. Look forward to searching for Mekhong and trying it, the best part is I don't get hang overs after drinking it.

Andy we would real love to catch up with you and your lady but we are booked for February and September.

I'm solo in June Sue but the winglady will be with me for her XXst (guess) birthday in SEPTEMBER - score!

Adding a little drop of MacAllan to my glass with that thought (although it will mean 2 bottles - perhaps a Sangsom and Mekhong taste-off?).... about to sit down to Scottish Smoked Trout (no, winglady is English) and a glass of dry white and homemade Foie Gras with a little Muscat.

Got Kangaroo steak in the freezer if you fancy popping over?

Chok Dee

Andy Cap

• 2 months later...

Joy! I look forward to hunting down a bottle of this "export" and see if it's the same. Thanks for the heads up, MM. How much was that bottle going for?

Joy! I look forward to hunting down a bottle of this "export" and see if it's the same. Thanks for the heads up, MM. How much was that bottle going for?

Zooming in...looks to me like 195b

uploadfromtaptalk1330667532517.png

Precisely the point dear boy - I wouldn't fly half way around the world to drink the same stuff I get at home. Also it tastes like Siddiqi hooch in Saudi Arabia so I drink it with my eyes closed, feel glum, then open my eyes and see the beautiful Thai ladies. (The Thai ladies get more beautiful as the bottle goes down).

Hope Aussiechic and Badboy will be around so we can drain a bottle together in June.

Just about to have a wee dram of Macallan Masters' Edition Triple Cask Matured (Christmas present)....... point made.

Wehey!

Andy Cap

Andy, that really brought back some memories of my days in Kuwait. Went to a buddy's villa (not youth's) for dinner one night with my Filipino GF at the time and he had Siddiqi hooch that we mixed with grapefruit juice. It wasn't the best tasting stuff, but it would get you drunk as hell if you imbibed too much of it.

CB

Andy, that really brought back some memories of my days in Kuwait. Went to a buddy's villa (not youth's) for dinner one night with my Filipino GF at the time and he had Siddiqi hooch that we mixed with grapefruit juice. It wasn't the best tasting stuff, but it would get you drunk as hell if you imbibed too much of it.

CB

Yes I remember Jeddah gin, made with 5's. 5 tins of grapefruit juice, 5 bags of sugar, and brewed for 5 days!

Sidiqui and tonic was better drink!

Edited by jacko

I've got a bottle here that's dated 23-11-44 how old would that be. Look forward to searching for Mekhong and trying it, the best part is I don't get hang overs after drinking it.

You forgot the time of day in the date...

I was told last night by a server that Mekhong Whiskey is out of business. Damn! It was my favorite drink in Thailand! Now I have to stick with Sang Som.

:crying:

My favorite also. Did find a bar with a few bottles. But that was 2 years ago! The tequila is shite in thailand. Looks like I'll have to go for the foo-foo drinks in April...Doorman!