Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Many of you will have clicked on the advert on the board and expressed your interest in this year's event. I would like to suggest that all interested players should reply to this post so that I can start compiling a list of the teams.

We need to know:

name - your handle is fine

Nationality

Handicap - and in Dad's case a recent handicap certificate

The event is scheduled as Europe vs USA. Last year we were short of Americans so an Aussie and a Scotsman were press-ganged to play for USA. We tried really hard.....honest. It was just bad luck that we lost 5 and 4 on both nines! It looks like the USA might be able to muster a team of their own so we need to find a slot for our Southern Hemisphere friends. If there are enough of them, we might make it a 3 cornered tournament this time.

I'll get round to posting the rules in a few weeks.

Keep these entries coming in and please reply to this post.

For those of you looking for more info, go to:

http://www.freelancerbar.com/rideher.html

I look forward to meeting y'all in Pattaya on 1st November for the Captains' draw.

Doggie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day M8,

Just to make it official - I will be there again. Handicap as many as possible.

Not surprised the Yanks have given us the big boot  ;D ;D ;D

Seeya

Steveo

Hi Doggie

At this moment I will be back for the second Rideher cup.

And looking forward to it. :)

My stats:

Status = European (English)

Handicap = 15 (and getting pissed before the competition).

Oh is there a section for Thai Gecko's??  ??? George wants to start playing!

Cheers

Duece

Doggie,

I plan to be there again, except this time on the winning side, the USA baby.  I've been dutifully going to the range and getting in some summer rounds here in Florida to train and I have definitely improved... my tan.  My handicap is still sky high, like my moon ball tee shots so I think I may be in the running for another Shot of the Day like last year, look out motorbike drivers.

Gren (Matt)

Hey Doggie,

I had to leave last year before the event, but plan on being there this year, can't let the US lose two years in a row.

Handicap, we are talking about golf here not the TG's, it's a 14.3 but I have only played once in the past year so who knows.

I look forward to meeting you,

Gammon (Randy)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Randy

Good to hear that you are going to play.

I look forward to meeting you in Thailand.

I am in St Andrews this week and I had a round today with two of your fellow countrymen from North Carolina. Great guys - a very friendly game!

Please keep checking the board for more info regarding the event.

Kind regards

Doggie (Callum)

Hold on her a second Doggie.  So your an accomplished enough golfer to go out and play a round at St Andrews but when playing for the US Team in the Ride Her Cup you can't manage a 1/2 point?  Hmmm???

Anyone else smell a fix? (Just fullfilling my captian's duties from last year Callum, hope you had a great round).

Gren (Matt)

Damn it Matt - I've been rumbled!

I guess I'll be forced to play for Europe this time round. It was really tough last year saving all my bad shots for one competition but I managed it! Ambition this year is to get the ball past the ladies tee!

St Andrews is great at this time of year - no wind and some sunshine. I haven't played the Old course but we've done the other 4 courses. If you are ever thinking of coming here, the 3 day ticket for unlimited golf (excluding the Old Course) at £110 is great value. I shot an 86 yesterday on the shortest course but that included a 10 at a par 3 - 7 shots to get out of a greeside bunker! These little bastards are impossible!

See you in October!

Cheers

Doggie (Callum)

Don't listen to Grendel Doggie!

As European captain last year you played a blinder  :P

Enjoy St Andrews and will catch you in November.

Cheers

Duece

A quick word in the defense of Doggie. After all he did have a partner last year and it is easy to understand how Doggie can handle St Andrews so well as he got so much practise last year hitting out of the rough where his partner always managed to leave him.

;D ;D

I seem to remember Steve O got a hole in one last year.

In fact, he liked it so much he went back and played the same hole every day!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure you will be trying the same couse again Steve - hope they've trimmed the rough!

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Only joking mate - look forward to seeing you!

Callum

Hi Callum and all

Well don't play St. Andrews here in Thailand for the RideHEr cup as it is a monster course and no fun unless you are a sub 10 handicapper.

Callum so sorry I have not been on or e-mailed you but read my thread in the Members general section for my living in Thailand update and you will see I have been a busy bee.

Golf is getting really good now and I am shooting just over 100 per round regularly now and scoring around 30 stableford points.  Playing about 4 times a week mainly at Green Valley and once a week out of the Haven.  I still thinl Green Valley could be a good choice of venue if you haven't fixed it yet.  Let me know what you think and as a member I will enquire about any special deal I can get there.  Green Valley is a little further out but only an extra 15 minutes from Phoenix in the car.  Phoenix or Siam Country Club are two alternatives and both closer to Pattaya.  I favour Phoenix out of those two though.

Anyway read my forum post and  I will also e-mail you too.

Phoenix greens are always fast and usually in very good condition though I have not played ther for about 8 weeks.  They are certainly not the fastest I think from the courses I have played so far NAtural Park Hills and/or Resort takes that credit.  Trouble with Phoenix greens is they are not that receptive being IMHO too hard whereas Green Valley are much softer yet just as fast and also in well looked after and normally in very good condition.  

A lot can depend on when you play as all courses have to tine and sand the greens now and then so if you pick the week or so after this has been carried out then you wont get a good green.  Trouble is you cannot know this till you get there unless you ring in advance and are lucky enough to be understood!!

I am playing at Burupha tomorrow (Monday) with the Haven and that course (or courses as there are 36 holes there) is to me the best I have played on over here though I have not yet played Lam Chebang. (hmm not sure of spelling)

Cheers

Ray

Gren/Doggie,

There is a good old Aussie saying -

"When you're on a good thing, stick to it".

;D ;D ;D

PAt809, yep I know about Laem CHabang sportsday but I also have four 50% off vouchers calid until October 31st so I can play there with 3 mates for much the same price on a non-sportsday when it is less crowded.

As to the Japanese soak tub well I played at Buruphra West today and I did not see anything other than showers and Hong Nams there.  I think I saw such an item at either Natural Park Resort, Natural Park Hill or Koew Kheow over the past couple of months.  I didnt go into the tub when I had the opportunity as some of my fellow golfers from the Haven were already in there and they look even more horrific than Hilly's bum at the FLB or Ben and Big Kev in their golf gear  ;D

Pat it will certainly be nice to meet you and of course you can join the three of us that play regularly 3 or 4 times a week.  What is your handicap BTW??  We play at Green Valley most days but have at least one day a week out with the Haven boys and Natural Park is often on their agenda.  If you go look here http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/golf.htm you can navigate and see that they are scheduled to play at Natural Park Hills on Wednesday 27th August so Pat, when are you coming over here next.

Stephen at the Haven certainly gets flustered some mornings but once you understand the guy he is okay and his heart is 100% into running a good outfit and golf society.  I thoroughly recommend the Haven for anyone wanting to play some serious competitive yet still good fun golf.  Not a bad place to stay either for I think about 800 baht a night.

Ray

Good to hear from you. I read your posts in the members section and it is great to hear that you have settled in so well. I look forward to catching up with you in October.

Regarding the venue for this year's Cup, I am happy with whatever venue you and Ben decide is best. You are the best person to select the venue because you play the courses regularly and know the condition. I liked Kao Keow last year but there is no reason why we shouldn't select somewhere different this year. After all, the real Ryder Cup rotates around different courses so why not the Rideher Cup!

I have been away for a week or so. Now that I am back, I will get round to posting the proposed rules for the cup. This will give players plenty of time to comment on them.

All the best.

Doggie

I just found out that I can go back to Pattaya on November 1.  Is there any room left on the American team?  I haven't played in quite a while and my best handicap was 17.  Probably 24 will do just fine.  Are there rental clubs available, and if so, how much?  

Bear

Bear

There are plenty of places available in the teams. We will accomodate all golfers that want to play in the event - there were 16 last year and we hope to beat that count this year. The USA and European teams will be decided on the Sunday night - November 2nd. There are a number of Australians who will be playing so we will invite them to join whichever team is short of "home" players.  As long as you let me know in advance that you are playing, all you need to do is keep looking at the board for more details when we get nearer the date for the event. Ray and Ben will book the tee times about a week before the event so we need to have a good idea of the number of players by then.

I will put you down as a 24 handicap for now - please let me know if that changes.

I look forward to meeting you in Pattaya - glad you are making it and I hope you enjoy the RideHer Cup and the party after the match. It was a great day last year so I hope it will be even better this year.

Best wishes.

Doggie

With great cheer  [smiley=cheers.gif] from the Euro team. I will now say that I will will be there to play for the USA team. Bought my air ticket yesterday for the 7th of Oct will be in town on the 9th of Oct at around 2 pm. My handi cap is what ever the max is  [smiley=crying.gif] at this time I doubt if it will change much if any by the time we play. Looking forward to seeing all of you some agian and other new people. I am sure it was my fault  [smiley=hithead.gif] we lost last time  I will try to do better this time.

thumper 54 days

Thumper,  the only way to do better is if you have a better time out there.  I think we all had a blast last year so I am hoping this year will equal and maybe surspass it, and pehaps this time I won't hit anyone.

I really only get competative when it comes to trying to rile up Doggie.

Matt