Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I'm looking at November flights. Normally I prefer to change planes in the middle east but, given the recent rash of uprisings in the Arab world, I'm a touch worried about booking a flight that changes there. That's worried about the flights happening, not personal safety.

Many BMs have a lot more knowledge of that region than I do so, which countries are likely to best to change in?

I'm looking at November flights. Normally I prefer to change planes in the middle east but, given the recent rash of uprisings in the Arab world, I'm a touch worried about booking a flight that changes there. That's worried about the flights happening, not personal safety.

Many BMs have a lot more knowledge of that region than I do so, which countries are likely to best to change in?

You could go via Turkey, unlikely to be any issues.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi are actually the same country, so if you are worried, avoid them this trip.

Perhaps KLM via Amsterdam?

Hi BB

Not been any whispers of unrest in the UAE (Abu Dhabi - Etihad and Dubai - Emirates) that I'm aware of (someone might correct me...). There was some fuss in Bahrain (Gulf Air still use that as a hub?) but that's gone quiet. Qatar (of the Airways) also quiet except for kerfuffle about World Cup 20XX in summer or winter....

I wouldn't make any changes unless Libyan Arab Airlines/ways was my carrier of choice.

Price/comfort issues still the main factor then - nice to be ABLE to go! Enjoy.

Andy

Hi BB

Not been any whispers of unrest in the UAE (Abu Dhabi - Etihad and Dubai - Emirates) that I'm aware of (someone might correct me...). There was some fuss in Bahrain (Gulf Air still use that as a hub?) but that's gone quiet. Qatar (of the Airways) also quiet except for kerfuffle about World Cup 20XX in summer or winter....

I wouldn't make any changes unless Libyan Arab Airlines/ways was my carrier of choice.

Price/comfort issues still the main factor then - nice to be ABLE to go! Enjoy.

Andy

Famous last words...

Seems to be going a bit Sonny and Cher again in Bahrain. Bringing in the Saudi Sonny army as they're a bit short-handed.

AC

Looks like a direct flight wins then.

EVA is cheap at the moment - £535. My problem with them though is the timings for the return flight, leaving hotel at 07:30 (messing up the last night) and it gets into Heathrow too late for me to get home on public transport (which adds to the cost).

Probably best to leave it a few weeks and see what comes up.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh, and Jacko; Amsterdam isn't in the middle east. :smile:

Looks like a direct flight wins then.

EVA is cheap at the moment - £535. My problem with them though is the timings for the return flight, leaving hotel at 07:30 (messing up the last night) and it gets into Heathrow too late for me to get home on public transport (which adds to the cost).

Probably best to leave it a few weeks and see what comes up.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh, and Jacko; Amsterdam isn't in the middle east. :smile:

Of course I know that, nor is Heathrow? :chogdee ;)