Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Some people like DIY, and some people like to have it done for them. It doesn't mean those that are not DIY types don't have a right to use a computer....or a car, or a home.

Missed the point i was trying to make. I was meaning if you don't know what to do when installing a program and it asks for the serial number i doubt they would have the knowledge to operate a computer!

Thats a poor argument there ain't it? If you don't know what to do with a serial number WTF are you doing with a computer?

its not always that simple , quite often it can be a 20 step process to patch or crack a program.

I am reasonably internet savy but plenty of times i have skipped over grabbing a program because the instructions on how to patch the program is too complicated.

Oh well, i have always found it easy as the .nfo contains step by step instructions however i do appreciate that not all will be as computer literate as myself. I am still in my 20's and i suspect some of the members on this site will be ages with my dad and i can only imagine the hassle it would cause him trying to patch something

Oh well, i have always found it easy as the .nfo contains step by step instructions however i do appreciate that not all will be as computer literate as myself. I am still in my 20's and i suspect some of the members on this site will be ages with my dad and i can only imagine the hassle it would cause him trying to patch something

It's not a question of hassle, and most people over 40 can handle computers better than most people under 30. Us wrinkled people dealt with CP/M and DOS for years and know how to follow installation instructions. Not only can we do it, we actually know WHAT we are doing. I daresay I could get a program patched and running before almost anyone under 30 who isn't a semi-professional pirate.

But it's not hassle, it's CONVENIENCE. I can set the spark, adjust the choke and crank a car, too, but it's nice to climb in and turn the key to do it. Why raise chickens when you can drop by the store and pick up a box of eggs?

I would not risk it, a while a go a mate of mine wanted a Laptop his first PC so we went to Carfour, asks about one it was about 14k .. but never had the operatings system the guy offered a real on at 5000 baht or a copied one that wont update for a 1000 baht <huh <huh

Bizzare, so I advised him to not bother his mate was coming over in a few weeks he picked him up one from Dixons fully loaded as it were.

I feel sure a guy pretty good at IT would do OK, but I would not risk it.

I wouldn't bother buying a DVD or CD in LOS that I couldn't DL myself for free, which leaves me nothing that I think I'd be looking for.If I were to buy something in LOS, I'd rip it or copy it to hard drive before leaving for the airport, not wanting to get busted with that shit at Customs.

• 1 month later...