Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

My past 3 trips to Pattaya I have used a tailor on 2nd Road "Mutik Bota" (sp) across from Soi 4 to have a  suit and a couple cashmere topcoats made.  I have been quite pleased with the quality, workmanship, and price have seemed to be reasonable.  But, to get a good fitting suit you need to stop for a minimum of two fittings.  I ended up getting good results.  Last year I paid $200 U.S. for wool suit coat, pants, cotton tailored shirt, tie, and full length cashmere topcoat.

I am wondering if any other boardies have made any purchases at other tailors and approximate price they paid?  I did not do much shopping around but just selected this shop as I was walking by.

Regards,

Bacon

Bacon,

I have used a tailor on Soi 8 on a few trips. In the past I have had custom made Harley jackets made. A few week ago I had a suit made. I was very pleased with the quality and the price. I was measured and went back for two more fittings.

The name of the shop is Tip Top Collection Co. It is located just past the side Soi between Soi 8 and Soi 7 on the left going up towards 2nd Rd on Soi 8. I had a cashmere suit, extra pants, 3 custome shirts and a tie made for about $125. It would have been less with silk fabric instead of the cashmere. I have a few more jackets and one more suit made when I return in April.

LeoTex

I don't know if this is what your looking for but after I shit my self I got some undershorts for 3 for 100 baht good price I think...... ;) Oh and it was in the tent market.

I've twice used "Classic Tailor" located in the alcove in front of the Welcome Plaza hotel.  Great quality suits with a great fit.  They cost me about $120.00 each.  I could have paid a lot less for a lower quality suit,,,,great selection from cheap on up!  The tailor was recommended to me by a friend living in pattaya.  The owner is named "May" i believe......great lady.

Yesitisdakid- So that really wasn't the gutter I was smelling whilst we were walking down the street.  All along Jimmybb and I thought it was the smells of Thailand.

JohnnyK,

Sunny was on Soi 2 and I believe his premises have recently been flattened along with the Zebra Bar to make way for the expansion at the Sabai Lodge.

Tom

Tom, I always get mixed up between soi 2 & 3. So when did this happen? He made me two pair of pants in mid-October when I was staying at the Welkom. I had read somewhere that he had been turfed out from another place due to development. Poor bugger if that has happened again.

Tom, I always get mixed up between soi 2 & 3. So when did this happen? He made me two pair of pants in mid-October when I was staying at the Welkom. I had read somewhere that he had been turfed out from another place due to development. Poor bugger if that has happened again.

Johnny,

Sunny was just about to move from Soi 2 when I was last there in Nov 03. He said he would be moving somewhere near the Naklua circle. You can check him out at www.sunnyonline.com

Oops. Sorry I just checked and the website dosent seem to load. But I know for sure he didnt go very far from Soi 2.

Cheers

Ian

JohnnyK,

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he had moved to the shopping centre on the right just before the dolphin roundabout (coming from Big C area).  He was running his electricity from a mobile generator in mid-November after the Sabai folk cut his power to encourage him to vacate his premises.

I was a regular at his internet cafe/travel agent and always found him to be a genuine and helpful guy.

Tom

I got a silk and cashmere suit from New Style World on Soi Pattayaland 2. Excellent service from the guys there. The suit isn't worn much, I have to admit, but it fits just perfect and I've had no problems at all with it.

JohnnyK,

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he had moved to the shopping centre on the right just before the dolphin roundabout (coming from Big C area).  He was running his electricity from a mobile generator in mid-November after the Sabai folk cut his power to encourage him to vacate his premises.

I was a regular at his internet cafe/travel agent and always found him to be a genuine and helpful guy.

Tom, agreed. I found him ok and I was very happy with the 2pair trou. Bit more expensive than some but better quality. Thanks for telling me where he is.

JohnnyK,

I think I know where you mean. The phantom mall with used books and very few other tenants in it.

Cheers,

JK

• 3 weeks later...

Following another fellow boardies advice I opted to use "Classic Tailor" to have a cashmere sportcoat, gabardine wool pants, and 3 shirts tailored.  I have the attitude you cannot get this kind of fitting in the states without signing away the farm so I selected the top end cashmere.  In all it set me back about $275 U.S.  I compared this sportcoat to the suit of cashmere I had made in 2002 and this is definately of a higher quality cashmere.  Be patient and allow for the recommended minimum 2 fittings and you will not be disappointed.  Both Jimmybb and I had suits made and are very pleased.  I am quite sure you could spend less in this store and still walk away with a very good looking suit.  I will go back again if I am ever back in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

I use King Tailor in Walking St.  700baht for a tailored shirt, made from Chinese Silk so it doesn't need to be ironed.

3500 baht for a suit.  Quality is good and they always do two fittings plus last minute alterations if needed.

i'm in need of a tailor to make atraditional thai wedding dress for my wife to be and a dress for the wedding for her 6 year old daughter....

Any prices and recommendations gratefully accepted...!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I used a taylor called Baron on walking street...

Again two fittings were needed but the two suits i got are the dogs bollox!  one black, one charcoal grey, excellent Armani linings, armani buttons etc i got the two suits, with waist coats, and three pair of additional pants and two additianl waist coats all for 175 pound, a lot of bartering had to be done but i doubt i could of them got any lower.

He also adjusted various other items of my clothing for free afterwards.

Custom shirts are spot on as well, i can remember paying 500bhat for work shirts and 700 for better dress silk ones.  All top notch and have lasted well for me at work.  You can get various labels or embroiding on at a small extra cost.  

Just my two pence worth but i reconmend popping your head in and see what he can offer......  Just beware of his kids that like to repeatedly crash into the dozey farangs on their peddle bikes!!!!!